Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Ottawa Senators bite

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hanley6 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 18:44:08
2 reasons they forgot how to play hockey, that's obvious. Now Jarkko Ruutu thinks he's Mike Tyson biting Andrew Peters... WOW what a loser.... I hope he gets kicked out of the NHL for life. To me that is worse than what Marty McSorley did to Donald Brashear, even knowing Donald Brashear deserved it. Andrew Peters didn't.

How long do you think Jarkko Ruutu should be suspended for his sickening behaviour. and why? remember there's no biting in hockey, It's not a pie eating contest. He could have punched him instead of biting him.
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thrasher Posted - 02/16/2009 : 13:21:51
Who Bites? Thats the most ridiculus thing i have ever seen. He deserved being suspended for far longer. Not for life, like Hanley is saying, but at least 5 or 6 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfixUF9gCM
watch this, then tell me how good a player he is. Him and people like him(Avery) make me mad at where the game has come.
Guest2686 Posted - 02/16/2009 : 10:22:10
So hanley6, if some one stuck their hand down in mouth u would just stand their.

and u got no life all u do is talk on every forum all day and just try to get people mad

Leaf suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Guest4803 Posted - 01/08/2009 : 10:05:58
Brashear deserved being tomahawked in the temple? buddy you deserve an a$$ kicking, but i guess being a leafs fan is bad enough.
Odin Posted - 01/08/2009 : 09:41:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9698

Hossa taking out Bryan Berards eye,Havlat suspended twice for kicking,Ruttu for biting.Class orginization.They will probably try to draft the kid who bit Hickey.

C'mon! Who are you? Pat Quinn??!! The Hossa incident was a complete accident as a result of follow through. I saw it happen. There was absolutely no intent on Hossa's part at all.
MrD Posted - 01/08/2009 : 08:18:25
OK, trying not to be biased here as a Sens fan, but I do think the 2 games was well deserved. But seriously, when someone sticks a finger in your mouth while facewashing you, is your first reaction not to bite said finger to get it out? Not condoning, just making a point...

And as for being kicked out for life, get real. Comparing this to malicious attacks such as McSorely and Bertuzzi is crazy. I wouldn't consider Ruutu exactly a goon for life, more like a goof for life. He's not out there to injure players, moreso just to get under their skin anyway he can. He's been suspended fairly, get over it. Gone for life??? What about hitting someone with a helmet (Tucker) or even a shoe (Milbury)?? Should they have been kicked out for life because of a stupid emotional reaction? No way.

And finally, this guy saying that biting is "new to hockey" - obviously a newb of a fan because truly this has happened before several times so it isn't exactly new. Jarko ain't the first and probably won't be the last.

Milbury and McGuire should fight to the death and both lose.
Guest6584 Posted - 01/08/2009 : 08:18:07
OK, trying not to be biased here as a Sens fan, but I do think the 2 games was well deserved. But seriously, when someone sticks a finger in your mouth while facewashing you, is your first reaction not to bite said finger to get it out? Not condoning, just making a point...

And as for being kicked out for life, get real. Comparing this to malicious attacks such as McSorely and Bertuzzi is crazy. I wouldn't consider Ruutu exactly a goon for life, more like a goof for life. He's not out there to injure players, moreso just to get under their skin anyway he can. He's been suspended fairly, get over it. Gone for life??? What about hitting someone with a helmet (Tucker) or even a shoe (Milbury)?? Should they have been kicked out for life because of a stupid emotional reaction? No way.

And finally, this guy saying that biting is "new to hockey" - obviously a newb of a fan because truly this has happened before several times so it isn't exactly new. Jarko ain't the first and probably won't be the last.
Guest4631 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 21:32:29
first off he was not waving his glove in his face....... he was shoving it into his face. to compare that to mcsorley is a joke mcsorley chased down brashear and swung his stick at his head, in this case peters went after ruutu and put his hand in his face. and you say mcsorley didnt mean to hit him in the head and brashear deserved it? well maybe ruutu didnt mean to bite him and peters deserved it. i think the only ban for life should be on you and the absolutely rediculous things you say
hanley6 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 20:44:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8332

The first post was not objective in relating the whole story. An important fact was left out due to his biased hatred of the Sens.

Let's say you read, dog bites man in the news and now people are going nuts about putting the dog down or locked up in a kennel. What if the man bitten wore a glove and said man put his hand around the dog's mouth to piss it off. Isn't that missing detail as important as the detail that the dog bitting the man.

I don't like nor dislike either Ruutu, Peeters or the Sens. So there is no biasness here. I agree with the other guest, an important detail was missing in the original post.

One thing, it's not about bias or hatred of the Sens, I admit I hate the sens but even if Ruutu was playing for the Leafs I'd say the same thing. now saying that I feel the need to point out to you that Ruutu is not a dog... he is supposed to be human, normal grown up men or women do not bite people unless there is seriously something wrong with his/her brain. And yes Peters was waving his gloved hand in Ruutu's face, but there are others ways to deal with it, other than biting him because Peters pissed him off, seriously...
hanley6 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 20:37:53
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2659

quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

2 reasons they forgot how to play hockey, that's obvious. Now Jarkko Ruutu thinks he's Mike Tyson biting Andrew Peters... WOW what a loser.... I hope he gets kicked out of the NHL for life. To me that is worse than what Marty McSorley did to Donald Brashear, even knowing Donald Brashear deserved it. Andrew Peters didn't.

How long do you think Jarkko Ruutu should be suspended for his sickening behaviour. and why? remember there's no biting in hockey, It's not a pie eating contest. He could have punched him instead of biting him.

Kicked out for life?!? Are you serious? So you'd accept baseball swings to the head before someone biting the finger from someone sticking their glove in their face? Ridiculous! To compare this with McSorely/Brashear is like comparing Evgeni Nabakov to Alex Auld in a poll of who you'd rather have as a goalie!

Ruutu got 2 games, and I really don't think anyone should put up a fuss about it.

one thing McSorley was kicked out of the NHL for Life after that incident.. another thing it was not a baseball swing, it was more like a bunt. He wasn't trying to hit him on the head he was trying to tap him on the shoulder. And his contact is not what knocked Brashear out, Brashear knocked himself out when his head hit the ice... sure it was dirty but seriously Brashear deserves worse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnP18StCoHA

and yes I do feel Ruutu should be kicked out for life just like McSorley and Bertuzzi shouldn't be playing anymore either. I feel Bertuzzi's cheap shot was very uncalled for and he should be out as long as Steve Moore is since he did end Steve Moore's career. Hockey is a contact sport. I believe there are other ways to show off your anger rather than sticking or as ridiculous as it sounds in hockey, its now new in hockey thanks to Ruutu, BITING, instead of doing that garbage there is nothing wrong with a good old hockey fight.
Guest9698 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 14:34:04
Hossa taking out Bryan Berards eye,Havlat suspended twice for kicking,Ruttu for biting.Class orginization.They will probably try to draft the kid who bit Hickey.

Guest6612 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 14:26:33
0-1 that's the punishment people got in the past for it peters sorta stuck his glove in his mouth
Guest2659 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 12:58:24
quote:

Kicked out for life?!? Are you serious? So you'd accept baseball swings to the head before someone biting the finger from someone sticking their glove in their face? Ridiculous! To compare this with McSorely/Brashear is like comparing Evgeni Nabakov to Alex Auld in a poll of who you'd rather have as a goalie!

Ruutu got 2 games, and I really don't think anyone should put up a fuss about it.
Odin Posted - 01/07/2009 : 11:15:15
If you want examples of incidents that are on the same level as McSorley/Brashear, think of the Dale Hunter blindsiding of Pierre Turgeon and the Bertuzzi affair of course, just to name a couple.
Guest8332 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 10:49:37

The first post was not objective in relating the whole story. An important fact was left out due to his biased hatred of the Sens.

Let's say you read, dog bites man in the news and now people are going nuts about putting the dog down or locked up in a kennel. What if the man bitten wore a glove and said man put his hand around the dog's mouth to piss it off. Isn't that missing detail as important as the detail that the dog bitting the man.

I don't like nor dislike either Ruutu, Peeters or the Sens. So there is no biasness here. I agree with the other guest, an important detail was missing in the original post.
Guest2622 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 10:09:12
quote:

So let me get this straight: you think that biting a gloved finger is on the same level as taking a two handed swing, from behind no less, to somebody's head? C'mon, you can't be serious!
Axey Posted - 01/07/2009 : 09:41:42
Alright people, lets get this straight. The arguement about 'He bit his glove' is absolutely insane. It's like saying I stabbed his shirt I didn't him. If he bit it wasn't to bite the glove, get real. No matter how much you love the Sens or hate Peters he cleary bit him through his glove, with the intention of hurting Peters. Peters could have faked it a little bit, but we all know how ruutu is.

As for the Hickey incident, I completely agree. That faded in about 30 seconds, which was really weird to understand.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Guest6196 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 08:12:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5443

quote:

2 reasons they forgot how to play hockey, that's obvious. Now Jarkko Ruutu thinks he's Mike Tyson biting Andrew Peters... WOW what a loser....

WOW what a loser alright.

Talk about false advertisement. You kinda left out an important detail.

He didn't bite Peters, he bit his glove, which was over his mouth while giving a facewash. What is sick is that Ruutu actually would let the glove into his mouth to bite. Bleeaaggghh.

That's gotta be punishment enough. Worse than your mother putting soap in your mouth. At least the soap had that Irish Spring (C) (OK I don't know how to do that copywright symbol) whistle clean taste. A glove? UUUUuuuggghhh.

I think he'll get some time though because the league is cracking down. So 5-10 for professional misconduct or something the like.

He bit the inside of his glove which is just a thin piece of leather.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 06:03:36
First, theres no way that was worse than McSorley-Brasher.
Second, I can't beleive that a bigger deal was not made of the swedish defenceman biting Thomas Hickey. I thought for sure there would have been a penalty on the play and a coach's corner segment about it.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Axey Posted - 01/06/2009 : 21:58:34
He musta been watchin buddy bite Thomas Hickey the other night.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
hanley6 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 21:19:29
he bit his glove, his hand was in the glove.... either way he's a biter, it's still wrong
Guest5443 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 19:50:02
quote:

2 reasons they forgot how to play hockey, that's obvious. Now Jarkko Ruutu thinks he's Mike Tyson biting Andrew Peters... WOW what a loser....

WOW what a loser alright.

Talk about false advertisement. You kinda left out an important detail.

He didn't bite Peters, he bit his glove, which was over his mouth while giving a facewash. What is sick is that Ruutu actually would let the glove into his mouth to bite. Bleeaaggghh.

That's gotta be punishment enough. Worse than your mother putting soap in your mouth. At least the soap had that Irish Spring (C) (OK I don't know how to do that copywright symbol) whistle clean taste. A glove? UUUUuuuggghhh.

I think he'll get some time though because the league is cracking down. So 5-10 for professional misconduct or something the like.
hanley6 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 19:43:59
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

0 games he bit his glove, peters is the one who put his glove in ruutu's mouth face washing him. peters is a goon that plays less then 5 mins a game to fight. suck it up he looked like he was going to crime about it

dude,,, yes he did wipe his glove on his face... but seriously to bite Peters for it is sick... Like I said he could have punched him or he could have pushed him... seriously biting is not the way to go
Guest4631 Posted - 01/06/2009 : 19:38:50
0 games he bit his glove, peters is the one who put his glove in ruutu's mouth face washing him. peters is a goon that plays less then 5 mins a game to fight. suck it up he looked like he was going to crime about it

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page