Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Schremp career with the Oilers?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DangleFest89 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 21:02:55
For all the Oilers Fans that watched Mact stupid interview.

Schremp Poor guy Mact hates him, he gets called up gets 3 points in 4 games and still gets sent down and chirped to crap by the coach saying he doesn't wanna play in the NHL. Honestly trade the kid if you don't like him don't let him rot in AHL when he could be actually playing in the NHL for a team that likes him. Fire MacT already
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DangleFest89 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 19:17:25
cough MACT LOVER cough
Guest4631 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 19:13:57
robert nilsson and sam gagner are 2 forwards that could be taken out of the line up for schremp, both are under performing. nilsson could clearly use another year in the ahl. hemsky is out with a concussion, there is a top 6 out of the line-up, give schremp a chance he is a great playmaker and oilers could really use him
Beans15 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 18:45:19
Schremp is an absolute magician with the puck, but every other facet of his game is not even close to NHL caliber. Face it people, he's not good enough and he doesn't have any desire to improve himself. He's not even leading his AHL team for god sakes!!! He came up and had 3 points in 4 games playing on the 2nd line. Potulny comes up and had 3 points in 2 games, plays his heart out, and shows he is willing to do what it takes to play at the NHL level.

And let's face it, even if Schremp improved his game, he is not as good as any of the Oilers top 9 forwards and he is not a 4th line player. Who exactly do you expect the Oilers to scratch to put him in?

It's just unfortuate that so few coaches actually speak the truth about their players as MacT does. The Kid simply does not have an NHL caliber game today. I think the Oilers have been looking to trade him for the past couple of years, obviously no one else wants him either. Schremp doesn't make at least 25 of the 30 NHL teams and the other 5 teams, it's a toss up.

Call for MacT's head all you want, he is not the only one involved with who comes up and who doesn't!

Head, Shake, Now.
Guest7864 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 16:57:33
So I suppose that Lowe has absolutely NO input into who gets called up? I would think that it's a team effort when making those decisions.
Guest7913 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 08:30:32
I agree Danglefest. Even MacT said Schremp played great when he was called up and he would call him up again if one of the top 6 forwards got injured. Now he is saying he is not NHL caliber. MacT is a liar. If he didn't like how he played when he got called up, then say it. Don't sugar coat it. And he wonders why the media kept asking him why Schremp hasn't been called back. Everyone saw how well he played when he was here, even MacT; but because MacT has personal issues (IMO) with Schremp, he will probably never play for the Oilers again.
DangleFest89 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 16:39:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5260

Sure Schremp has skills but Mac T did point out some very good points in that interview. He is not fast and not responsible enough defensively. Playing in the northwest division you have to be physical and strong and schremp is just not there. If you watched the games he played in sure he had three points but he looked like he was lost on the ice all the time and never finished one check. Even hemsky finishes his checks from time to time and can actually skate. It is not like Schremp is tearing up the AHL he is doing average. Potulny was doing great and now he is up with the big team and playing great. If anybody noticed Mac T put him out on the ice with 1:30 left in the third period in a one goal game. That is confidence

Actually I did watch every game he got called up for he did finish check and skate back hard don't believe everything the media says sure he has a bad rap for that kinda stuff but not all of it is true, and awesome put him on with 1:30 left in the period better than the 3rd line Mact usually puts out. Then he gets sent down honestly after the team is needing offence bad you can say he doesn't skate back or finish his check but i disagree. Right now proves how bad our offence is without hemmer. I agree with the call up but why not Schremp before when he had the confidents and was making a difference. Trade him to the Leafs god I hate to see it but atleast they would use him.
Thrasher Posted - 01/12/2009 : 15:49:36
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5260

Sure Schremp has skills but Mac T did point out some very good points in that interview. He is not fast and not responsible enough defensively. Playing in the northwest division you have to be physical and strong and schremp is just not there. If you watched the games he played in sure he had three points but he looked like he was lost on the ice all the time and never finished one check. Even hemsky finishes his checks from time to time and can actually skate. It is not like Schremp is tearing up the AHL he is doing average. Potulny was doing great and now he is up with the big team and playing great. If anybody noticed Mac T put him out on the ice with 1:30 left in the third period in a one goal game. That is confidence

If that is the case, then trade him. Many teams would love to have him, and maybe they could pick up a player they could actually use. I just think Schremp deserves better than what the oilers are doing for him.
Guest5260 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 15:07:16
Guest7645 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 15:02:59
he's sorta like Spezza, lotsa skills, but not responsible enuf at defense.
however he does have a better attitude than Spezza i think. he doesn't whine like spezza did when he was trying to crack the sens line-up.

yeah, for sure tho, we all want a skill offensive guy to succeed in the NHL cuz that's what the game needs - lotsa fancy moves and dangles, and pretty goals.

some teams don't care too much for defense and try to make it up with lotsa offense , as such schremp would be a good fit for that particular team/coach.
my 2 bits
Thrasher Posted - 01/11/2009 : 23:47:31
quote:
Originally posted by DangleFest89

For all the Oilers Fans that watched Mact stupid interview.

Schremp Poor guy Mact hates him, he gets called up gets 3 points in 4 games and still gets sent down and chirped to crap by the coach saying he doesn't wanna play in the NHL. Honestly trade the kid if you don't like him don't let him rot in AHL when he could be actually playing in the NHL for a team that likes him. Fire MacT already

Agreed.
Dont ruin the career of a young player with more skill than many NHL players already. How Mac T still has a job is beyond me, but i guess Oiler managment like getting 8th or lower in the west. Anyone who has watched Schremp knows how skilled he is with the puck, and how smart of a player he is. Trade him to a team where he could make a difference, and have a coach that respects his skill. (If you trade him too Atlanta, he could probably make first line haha). Schremp is better than what Mac T thinks, and to not see the kids talent is just wrong. I think Mac T needs thicker glasses to see how the game is played now. Sure back when he played for the Oilers, he might have been a physical guy, but in the new NHL, the Oilers need some skill, not just grit. I wouldn't say Hemsky goes out there and battles with every player on the ice, but he is the leading point getter for his team, and even Mac T said himself, he is the center of offense for Edmonton. So why wouldn't you call up Schremp to help light the lamp for the Oilers, they need that more then ever now.
Please Lowe, fire Mac T.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page