Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Mike Komisarek an all star?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 12:07:49
There has been much debate over Komisarek being in the All Star game let a lone in the starting line up, do you feel Komisarek deserves to be in this years All star game?
(note:this is not a topic concerning habs fans and fan
voteing nor alex kovalev carey price or any other all star simply i want to see the arguments as to why or why not mike komisarek should or should not be an all star)

Pasty
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Axey Posted - 01/13/2009 : 20:42:30
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

hes a solid dman sure...but theres no way he should be playing in the all star game, theres another mike (green) that deserves to be there instead. Theres no block shot contest in the skills comp if i remember correctly. And lucic will be there! hes in the sophmore rookie game.

Kane and Toews were eligible for that game, imagine that. This game could be better than the Allstar game period with the player names on each roster, these guys could give the 'big' Allstars a run for there money.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Axey Posted - 01/13/2009 : 20:35:45
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

hes a solid dman sure...but theres no way he should be playing in the all star game, theres another mike (green) that deserves to be there instead. Theres no block shot contest in the skills comp if i remember correctly. And lucic will be there! hes in the sophmore rookie game.

Kane and Toews were eligible for that game, imagine that. This game could be better than the Allstar game period. Backstrom better have made this team, might I add.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Guest4803 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 13:45:27
Axey Posted - 01/13/2009 : 11:04:24
What sklls challenge will he be involved in do you think? Hardest shot comes to mind, not known for it but could definitely have a bomb behind his huge frame.

Too bad there isn't any hitting or shot blocking challenges in the All-star competition.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
MSC Posted - 01/13/2009 : 06:56:28
Komisarek is a very solid player, the kind of guy that goes out and does the things that go highly unnoticed by the casual fan. I think it's good to see him get the recognition of the All-Star game, however I think he was showed this recognition thanks to a flawed voting system and some over zealous Montreal fans.

As far as shot blocking in the game goes, if there is a single blocked shot it's by accident. And I would not want to be in coaches/gm's/owners office for the "discussion" with any player who gets injured in the all-star game from blocking shots.
Guest7752 Posted - 01/13/2009 : 06:49:04
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0968

Again this comes back to the game itself. Blocks won't matter, if we see one block in the all-star game I'll be blown away.

Well then if that's your opinion, then NO LEAF, ATLANTA, T-BAY, ST-LOUIS, LA, Etc... players should be there at all!!! If you'd like to see only the "stars" - then why pick at least one player form each team? Picking only the stars from fan-based opinion leaves KOMI in there, and deservedly so!
Guest0968 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 17:00:53
Again this comes back to the game itself. Blocks won't matter, if we see one block in the all-star game I'll be blown away.
Guest9278 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 13:11:27
Komisarek deserves to be there 100%
Everyone is talking crap at him but no one has yet to mention he avg like 5 block shots per game. He leads or is 2nd in the category and yet he has missed like 10 games. another statistic for komi that should put him thr and all of you forgot to mention
Guest7735 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 10:53:22
I think he should be there, and this is coming from a dirty leafs fan
hard-nosed defencemen are allstars in my eyes.

....he's just lucky Milan Lucic wasn't voted in though ;)
Pasty7 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 04:28:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0228

haha... it 's hilarious how people always have to throw in low blow leaf/hab/oilers/whatever shots that have nothing to do with the converstation.

Sure he'd be great to have on your team during the season and in playoffs, but he's going to be useless in the all-star game. I just hope he doesn't get embarrased in any of the skills competions. If the game actually meant something like home ice advantage in the stanley cup final (as in MLB), then a coach could turn a guy like him loose in the all-star game and he'd actually be able to showcase his particular set of skills, you'd also see a lot more of these types of defenceman getting their dues and being either voted in or picked as a reserve. But since it's just a home-run derby for hockey he's limited.

The way the all-star game is played he is not an all-star.

thats the problem the all star game A. should mean something B. shouldn't be just a home run derby

Pasty
Jephman Posted - 01/12/2009 : 00:00:05
I think there are other defenceman who deserve a spot over Komisarek, but it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Komisarek is good, but maybe not All-Star good (Well at least this year), but I'm fine with him having a spot (I'm glad it was him and not Gonchar in the All-Star game who was 3rd in voting).
Guest4744 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 19:26:57
its a joke, just like when Fitzpatrick was voted in
Guest0228 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 19:04:35
haha... it 's hilarious how people always have to throw in low blow leaf/hab/oilers/whatever shots that have nothing to do with the converstation.

Sure he'd be great to have on your team during the season and in playoffs, but he's going to be useless in the all-star game. I just hope he doesn't get embarrased in any of the skills competions. If the game actually meant something like home ice advantage in the stanley cup final (as in MLB), then a coach could turn a guy like him loose in the all-star game and he'd actually be able to showcase his particular set of skills, you'd also see a lot more of these types of defenceman getting their dues and being either voted in or picked as a reserve. But since it's just a home-run derby for hockey he's limited.

The way the all-star game is played he is not an all-star.
Guest7179 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 15:26:36
compared to other defencemen who you all believe should be there in his place, i'd rather have mike on my team insterd of all the others you believe should be there - and i'm sure everyone who understands hockey would agree (except for leafs fans). therefore, YES, he deserves to be there.
Alex Posted - 01/11/2009 : 15:10:00
I think last year was his All-Star year, where he really shone. He's getting rewarded for it this year in a way, and that's not to say he's having a bad season, but had the ASG been elsewhere, I don't think Komisarek would have been in it.

I think Komisarek is one of the better defensemen in the east. People might be upset that guys like Widemen didn't get in, and, on their merits alone, maybe he should have got the nod over Komy. You also need to remember that a lot of the skill of Komisarek won't be showcased in the game because hitting isn't allowed in the game. But it's their 100th season and it's in Montreal, and he has played very well over the past two seasons, so at the end of the day I say he deserves it.

Go Habs Go!
Guest4733 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 14:52:51
Komisarek is not a star in this league and therefore should not be a starter for the All-Star Game. Komisarek is a great player that can deliver big hits and play solid defense but does not really fit the criteria of being a star.
Porkchop73 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 12:53:19
I say no, Komisarek does not deserve to be there. However I like the fact that a defencemen that is a stay at home, hard nosed, defence first type defenceman is represented. I think there are fellas better at this then Komisarek. Brayden Coburn in Philly and Anton Volchenkov in Ottawa come to mind. I believe both to be better defensemen then Komisarek.
Beans15 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 12:47:16
I completely agree Pasty. However, in recent years the All Star game in every sport except NFL is for offensive. Rarely does a baseball player with poor batting average and poor base running but brilliant defence make the baseball all star game. Like him or hate him, Dennis Rodman was the best defensive player of his generation but only made 2 all star game, both in the early 90's.

That being said, I love a guy like Komisarek in the line up.
Pasty7 Posted - 01/11/2009 : 12:13:20
Personally i beleive he has his place but it also has to do with the way i view the all star game,, i view it as the best players being honord for their contribuation to their respective teams not just who has put up the most points or the best stats, i believe mike brings more to a team then most d man he is one of the young leaders he is a great shut down d man and skates extremly well for a 6ft 5 240 lbs man i think there is far more to a d man than points considering his objective is to defend his own end,, i know he is not the most exciting player to watch in an all star setting but in my opinion among eastern conference defenders he is deffinertly top 6 and is deserving of his place. wait and see the contract offers he draws this summer it will demonstrate i feel how valuable a guy like mike is to a team without putting up huge points

Pasty

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page