Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 TSN, Sportsnet, Score ?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/03/2008 : 17:25:44
I personally like TSN for sports news and updates. I think the Analysts are good, ( Not Milbury or Healy though ) and I like how every night almost you can go on to TSN and a NHL game wil be on. Sportsnet is not even close as I can't stand there Anylsts and they only offer local regions games. ( Must be pretty boring for people in BC lol ) and Score for me doesnt even come close, every time I turn it on theres something stupid on like right now theres bowling. TSN all the way!

Go Stars
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4057 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 11:33:55
The best analyst is surely Benoit Brunet on RDS. You're lucky guys, he talk in french !

On this channel, all the team is for The Canadiens, what a shame !

from à Nordiques fan's who's still miss its team. The return in the NHL is coming soon...
Guest5958 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 10:47:11
I honestly have never really noticed too much of a leafs bias on TSN. If you want to talk leafs bias, talk cbc. HNIC features every frickin leafs game, regardless of who else is playing. It's kind of sickening. Nonetheless, it is hard to argue that they do not have the best commentary, presentation and in-between-period show. You may not like or agree with Cherry, but I've never watched a boring Coach's Corner.

I take TSN over the Score, probably because, as people have mentioned, the score doesn't have any games. The score is very good at what they do provide, however.

I can see people saying they watch sportsnet because it gets them more local games, but the fact of the matter is the product and presentation are absolute garbage. It is very hard to watch a game on sportsnet without hitting the mute button, as their commentary is just that bad. Their analysis also leaves a lot to be desired. In my opinion, they are a very distant third (or fourth, if you include HNIC). Oh, and for all their supposed great coverage, they will put WHL games on over out-of-region NHL games. That, to me, is not good programming.
Guest4780 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 09:18:29
I like sportsnet, TSN is too toronto oriented, who cares about the leafs and raptors, they both suck.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 07:47:22
TSN ~ Dregz & MacK !
Hockeylover Posted - 03/03/2011 : 12:16:35
always TSN!!!! Love Jay Onrait & Dan O`Tootle. funny and cool.
They (TSN)like the chances of Winnipeg getting a NHL team!!! Like that because I live in Winnipeg. Pheonix is gonna move now or then and same with Atlanta.

Sportsnet has too much Calgary Flames & too much Soccer.

I HATE SCORE!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER HOCKEY ON THIS CHANNEL!!!!!!

Utemin Posted - 04/20/2010 : 11:26:27
Sports Net, TSN is so focused on every sport; in BC the sportnet guy is amazing and the focus is the Canucks perfect! TSN is junk officials reading a scirpt most of the time i use it only to read the scores below; The Score is low class....
Sports net1
TSN2
The Score3

The Monkey is me
Guest4131 Posted - 04/17/2010 : 10:43:30
Jay Onrait and Dan O'toole ALL THE WAY !!

TSN takes this pool no questions asked.
redneck76ca Posted - 04/17/2010 : 03:28:20
It greatly annoys me that I have to listen to McGuire doing color for the Habs in the playoffs, but I do like the coverage in general on TSN. I like the Score for what it is.
Statman Posted - 04/17/2010 : 02:52:14
I'll take Sportsnet as I love the regional hockey coverage. Hey I'm from Vancouver and I'll take as much Canucks coverage as they can give me. I'm sure people in the other markets feel the same about their teams but it's not so good if you don't cheer for you own regional team, I suppose. Plus Sportsnet has Don Taylor. Best sports show host ever.

TSN really shines during the World Juniors, however.
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 04/16/2010 : 08:32:49
I'm fairly shocked anyone voted for Sportsnet (maybe if I was a west-coaster I would feel differently), since it is by far the worst in terms of coverage and 'analysis'.

The set looks like they spent $5 on it, and listening to Kypreos and McClean makes my ears bleed. Their eastern/leafs bias is just as bad if not worse than TSN's. I wouldn't be surprised if they were dissecting Nazim Kadri's breakfast meal instead of the current playoff games yesterday.

The Score is the most entertaining (Sixeiro and Mccallef are hilarious), but suffers because it doesn't actually have any live hockey coverage. Considering they were the last network to join this contest, they have done well. Although I find Kouleous pretty annoying. The TSN guys aren't really that funny, the girls are annoying and I'm not convinced Jay Onrait isn't a pedophile. Hard to argue with Bob Mac for the best breakdown and insider information though. I would vote score for watching highlights, and TSN for live coverage and breaking news (trade deadline, etc.).
ryan93 Posted - 04/16/2010 : 05:24:06
For the actual watching of the game, then yes it's tough to beat CBC (although to TSN's credit, i'm a big Chris Cuthbert fan, and i do like the Miller/McGuire combo...plus the insiders in the intermissions).

Although most seem to love the guy, i've never been a fan of Jim Hughson, i just find him too dull.

Really though, it doesn't matter if i'm watching TSN, The Score, CBC, Sportsnet, Versus, etc etc..if it's hockey coverage, i like it!
Iceman778 Posted - 04/16/2010 : 01:17:57
yes its rough but i think its quite interesting
MrBoogedy Posted - 04/15/2010 : 20:43:48
not even there, but cbc takes em all. TSN sucks, having to listen to pierre maquire for the entire montreal-washington series is going to be rough.
ryan93 Posted - 04/15/2010 : 15:29:46
There was a time when i would of voted for Sportsnet, but i pretty well watch TSN exclusively these days.
Guest4796 Posted - 04/15/2010 : 14:03:24
Voted Sportsnet myself, the Score straight up sucks and i find TSN to be too east biased, almost as bad as HNIC, who gives a crap about the leafs, they suck and will for a long time.
Gusteroni Posted - 04/15/2010 : 13:52:41
Guest5313 said:
I also live in Alberta, but I am a leafs fan, and so SPortsnet has also been a lifesaver for me because I love watching Sportsnet Ontario or Sportsnet East, and my sisters boyfriend is an Oilers fan, so he loves watching Sportsnet West or Sportsnet Pacific. I dont get the scroe on my satelite, and TSN just doesnt do it for me, unles they have a Raptors, Leafs or Jays game on.

1) Sportsnet
2) TSN
3) The Score

I live in Alberta also and that had to of been long ago when the games were shown because I don't remember ever getting any of the Leafs games as they are always blacked out on Sportsnet Ontario/East as well as the Canucks games on Sportnet Pacific. That's why I voted TSN because they show games you never see anywhere else including all American team matchups.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
strech that twine Posted - 04/15/2010 : 13:40:24
TSN,Sportsnet..Brutal !!!
When I want hockey scores or news I want it all ...
I can't stand it when these guys go from hockey to basketball to baseball then back to hockey !!

THE SCORE...
Guest5313 Posted - 02/02/2009 : 13:00:32
quote:
Originally posted by shellac

I am quite amazed at the overall results of this poll. I will agree that TSN and Sportsnet win when it comes to live sports coverage. TSN did an amazing job with the CFL this year and i cannot wait to see what they do next year.

As an Alberta Boy, Sportsnet has been a savior for guys like me when it comes to Calgary and Edmonton games. Before Sportsnet we were lucky to get 25 televised games a year, now between TSN, CBC, and Sportsnet we get about 65 games for each AB team, the vast majority of those being on Sportsnet. however their analysis is lacking greatly seeing as Kipreos is their most entertaining commentator (the bar isn't set that high)

Many people out East don't see it, and it is understandable, but TSN is guilty of their Leafs/Habs bias. Which makes sense seeing as that is the big market in Canada. My problem with TSN lies in their analysis:

The following 2 examples are just the ones that pissed me off the most over the last few years: TSN isn't always bad

Examples:

Last Year Marchish? (no exact date)

I remember tuning into Sportscenter and the top story was about the what happened in Leafs practice that day (an off day, Maurice juggled some lines by the way!), as opposed to the one of the 12 NHL games that were underway and/or final. In my mind Sports news and analysis should focus on what happened on the competitive Ice, Field, Diamond, Court ect. today. Save "practice" stories for afterwards

2 Years ago, 2-4 weeks before trade deadline

TSN was airing a Calgary game, which i remember being a close game, with many chances and some phenomenal saves, It was one of those games. During the intermission however, this is what i got:

Duthie: "There you have it! Calgary leads <other team> by one goal in a very exciting game, stay tuned until after the break and we will have complete analysis and highlights from around the NHL"

Commercial - Dove Soap
Commercial - Toyota
Promo - Leafs/Trashers tomorrow at 7pm!!!! (game of the year!)
Commercial - Pokerstars.net
Promo - Habs/Kings Thusday at 9pm!!! (can't wait!!!)

Duthie: "Welcome back, Joining me is as usual is our panel consisting of Bob Mckenzie, Pierre Maguire, and some other coach/player that is jobless/retired this year. Now with trade deadline coming up, what moves do the Leafs have to make to give themselves a chance of making the playoffs?"

I then watched 10 minutes of 4 guys talking about a team that was not playing and was not going to make the playoffs, and ignoring a perfectly exciting game right in front of them.

When it comes to Highlights, Analysis and Entertainment THE SCORE is the best! Yes they don't have good live sports, but they make it up with 3 things.

1. Basic Sports Analysis:
Score tonight withe Sid and Tim
The Footy Show
Radio Show Broadcasts (HHT, Drive This)
Score Today/Final Score generic Highlights
All Great shows with great viewpoints, and they all have fun.

2. HARDCORE HOCKEY TALK (formally THE SPIN)
This is the best hockey talk show of all time, the hosts are annoying and opinionated, but they represent all sides of the hockey mentality. They have great segments with referees, call ins and of course "10 Minute Misconduct"

3. Cabbie/ Gerry Dee
Always remind us that we should not take sports so seriously.

#1 The Score
#2 Sportsnet
#3 TSN

I also live in Alberta, but I am a leafs fan, and so SPortsnet has also been a lifesaver for me because I love watching Sportsnet Ontario or Sportsnet East, and my sisters boyfriend is an Oilers fan, so he loves watching Sportsnet West or Sportsnet Pacific. I dont get the scroe on my satelite, and TSN just doesnt do it for me, unles they have a Raptors, Leafs or Jays game on.

1) Sportsnet
2) TSN
3) The Score
irvine Posted - 01/31/2009 : 16:23:20
I grew up a fan of TSN - Sports Desk baby! However, recently I have been becoming more of a fan of the Score.

I like the Score because they offer more chances for me to see the highlights, throughout the day. Where as TSN, always have something else on. And with The Score, you can see scores on the bottom of the screen even when something else is on.

Irvine
Mangler Posted - 01/19/2009 : 15:20:30
I have to agree with Shellac. Although their "live coverage" sucks for the NHL, their analysis is far superior to that of SportsNet and TSN. Keep in mind that there is a large majority of hockey fans that don't give a s*** about the leafs!

I'd rather watch poker than listen to Pierre and Bob discuss the inner workings of the Leafs organization and what they can do to "maybe" win their first cup in over forty years.
Guest8820 Posted - 01/19/2009 : 14:25:25
If you like analysis then TSN. If you like watching your local team play then Sportsnet. If you like poker, watch The Score.

Guest8116 Posted - 01/19/2009 : 10:30:06
Gerry DEE is the man
shellac Posted - 01/19/2009 : 09:48:50
I am quite amazed at the overall results of this poll. I will agree that TSN and Sportsnet win when it comes to live sports coverage. TSN did an amazing job with the CFL this year and i cannot wait to see what they do next year.

As an Alberta Boy, Sportsnet has been a savior for guys like me when it comes to Calgary and Edmonton games. Before Sportsnet we were lucky to get 25 televised games a year, now between TSN, CBC, and Sportsnet we get about 65 games for each AB team, the vast majority of those being on Sportsnet. however their analysis is lacking greatly seeing as Kipreos is their most entertaining commentator (the bar isn't set that high)

Many people out East don't see it, and it is understandable, but TSN is guilty of their Leafs/Habs bias. Which makes sense seeing as that is the big market in Canada. My problem with TSN lies in their analysis:

The following 2 examples are just the ones that pissed me off the most over the last few years: TSN isn't always bad

Examples:

Last Year Marchish? (no exact date)

I remember tuning into Sportscenter and the top story was about the what happened in Leafs practice that day (an off day, Maurice juggled some lines by the way!), as opposed to the one of the 12 NHL games that were underway and/or final. In my mind Sports news and analysis should focus on what happened on the competitive Ice, Field, Diamond, Court ect. today. Save "practice" stories for afterwards

2 Years ago, 2-4 weeks before trade deadline

TSN was airing a Calgary game, which i remember being a close game, with many chances and some phenomenal saves, It was one of those games. During the intermission however, this is what i got:

Duthie: "There you have it! Calgary leads <other team> by one goal in a very exciting game, stay tuned until after the break and we will have complete analysis and highlights from around the NHL"

Commercial - Dove Soap
Commercial - Toyota
Promo - Leafs/Trashers tomorrow at 7pm!!!! (game of the year!)
Commercial - Pokerstars.net
Promo - Habs/Kings Thusday at 9pm!!! (can't wait!!!)

Duthie: "Welcome back, Joining me is as usual is our panel consisting of Bob Mckenzie, Pierre Maguire, and some other coach/player that is jobless/retired this year. Now with trade deadline coming up, what moves do the Leafs have to make to give themselves a chance of making the playoffs?"

I then watched 10 minutes of 4 guys talking about a team that was not playing and was not going to make the playoffs, and ignoring a perfectly exciting game right in front of them.

When it comes to Highlights, Analysis and Entertainment THE SCORE is the best! Yes they don't have good live sports, but they make it up with 3 things.

1. Basic Sports Analysis:
Score tonight withe Sid and Tim
The Footy Show
Radio Show Broadcasts (HHT, Drive This)
Score Today/Final Score generic Highlights
All Great shows with great viewpoints, and they all have fun.

2. HARDCORE HOCKEY TALK (formally THE SPIN)
This is the best hockey talk show of all time, the hosts are annoying and opinionated, but they represent all sides of the hockey mentality. They have great segments with referees, call ins and of course "10 Minute Misconduct"

3. Cabbie/ Gerry Dee
Always remind us that we should not take sports so seriously.

#1 The Score
#2 Sportsnet
#3 TSN

fanoleaf Posted - 01/17/2009 : 19:39:24
TSN (1)
Sportsnet (2)
Score (3)
Guest9165 Posted - 01/16/2009 : 12:39:39
I think RDS is the best of all...Where else can you see all 82 games of your favourite team and not have to buy a package...plus I'm french...haha
Avalanche_17 Posted - 01/16/2009 : 06:52:37
Overall TSN all the way!
Guest9490 Posted - 10/11/2008 : 19:34:24
I have to say..TSN was the first all Sports Channel in Canada and as such has kept its dominance of the marketplace. I mean, every huge sporting event (NBA Finals, WImblendon, NHL FInals, British Open), they always have the rights! So even though I prefer the Score b/c of their ticker and cabbie on the street and their new set up, in terms on material to watch, TSN usually gets the rights so they have my vote. I almost NEVER watch sportsnet...its crap. Well..they got Martine Gaillard from the score. (whistles)
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 03/04/2008 : 17:06:19
i liek the tsn for Sport Centre and off the record and the weekly top 10
then the score for cabbie on the street,the ticker and smakdown and raw.

then sportsnet i watch it if im to lazy to change the chanell

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Antroman Posted - 03/04/2008 : 11:41:35
I really do not have a clear cut favourite but I like the presentation on TSN and usually like Bob McKenzie even though I don't always agree with him. Sportsnet really cheesed me off last night by not showing the Ottawa game in the South Ont. region. I don't get it because The Leafs weren't even playing last night. They didn't even have the decency to show alternate veiwing on the damn channel? All I got at 10:00 pm was a screen with a message in it saying blacked out in your region. I was really looking forward to seeing that Anaheim/Ottawa game. It was even listed as being shown in the satellite on screen menu. Boo Hoo!!!! Maybe I will drop them a line. If everyone bitches maybe it will change for next year.
Timay Posted - 03/04/2008 : 11:30:23
TSN first... then it's usually The Score (just cause of the ticker) and for highlights. Only Sportsnet when I can watch a game (when it's in my region)
Axey Posted - 03/04/2008 : 11:09:13
No contest .. TSN
n/a Posted - 03/04/2008 : 10:42:17
It depends on what you're looking for - I know that at times, I like The Score best, because of their scoring summaries on the ticker during the night for hockey poolies who are sick in the head . . . lol

But overall, had to go with TSN - better commentators overall, better presentation. They just need to get a scoring summary ticker!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4735 Posted - 03/04/2008 : 07:43:37
TSN all the way, it just covers so much and give you updates, while Sportsnet covers the Canucks all the time, and its so boring, i want to know eerything that happened in the league, not jsut the Canucks. And the score, well it doesn't compete at all. Not very good.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/04/2008 : 07:17:18
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I feel TSN has the best overall everythign !

i like their colours,
their logos,
their commentators are great,
Jay Onrait is my personal fave. He is just so witty and funny.

They just have a great station,
I like the way they do things.

Keep it up

~~~GO STARS~~~

and Jennifer hedger is a babe!

Go Stars
semin-rules Posted - 03/04/2008 : 05:45:27
I feel TSN has the best overall everythign !

i like their colours,
their logos,
their commentators are great,
Jay Onrait is my personal fave. He is just so witty and funny.

They just have a great station,
I like the way they do things.

Keep it up

~~~GO STARS~~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page