Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 crosby is better than ovechkin!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
30LEAFSFAN Posted - 10/09/2008 : 13:42:58
Crosby is better than oovechkin! Did you ever notice last year that Crosby dominated ovechkin in points last year for the amount of game he played. He played about half the season and had 72 points I MEAN COME ON GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD CROSBYS BETTER![
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8126 Posted - 12/14/2013 : 15:12:07
Crosby is a better complete hockey player. Ovechkin is electric, no one can deny his ability to score, and he's a physical beast. He also has no idea what back chek means, his feet do not move unless he has the puck or just before he gets the puck, and he doesn't know what the ice in his end feels like under his feet.

Everyone has their own opinion but for me the difference between the two players is far more than marginal. It's marginal offensively. It's not even close defensively. In my opinion, when looking at the 'best' hockey player it means both sides of the ice. Ovechkin would be in my top 5 but not top two. Those spots are reserved for Crosby and Toews.

Ask yourself this question: with 1 minute left in game 7 of the Cup final, who would be on the ice being down one goal? What about up one goal? Crosby and Toews are on the I win both situations. If Washington was up one goal with 1 minute left, Ovechkin would be watching that part of the game from the bench.
Guest8468 Posted - 12/12/2013 : 09:03:10
People like The Duke are completely clueless about hockey it seems. Ovechkin's teammates love the guy because he's a beauty. Washington would be hot garbage without him, just look at that last Tampa game.

Crosby and him are by far the best two players in the world, end of story. Who is marginally better doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I'll take Malkin/Neal/Letang over Backstrom/Grabovksi and miscellaneous though thanks.

I know I'm happy that team Canada will have Crosby on our side, but also fairly scared when we play Ovy/Malkin at some point in the tournament, if that makes sense.
semin-rules Posted - 12/22/2011 : 21:41:56
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

All i know for sure is, i felt like throwing up when i saw someone had rehashed this thread yet again!

The Duke Posted - 12/22/2011 : 19:16:44
Crosby is much more team oriented, he brings his linemates into the game and elevates them to his level.

Ovie is more self oriented, he tries to get his linemates to revolve the play around him.

When Ovie finally realizes that hockey is a team sport and players support each other then he will become a much better hockey player. Question is, will he ever understand this concept ?
Guest2260 Posted - 12/22/2011 : 09:10:32
Guest 9894 - Goals win games........... how is that not important.
It takes "skill" to score a lot of them.

Also cups are what players play for....... how is that not important.

if we do not use Game stats to determin a players value than what should we use? ability to grow a mustach???
Guest2260 Posted - 12/22/2011 : 09:02:44
hmm this is a tiresome argument. both players are dynamic. However I give the edge in my opinion to Crosby and my arguments arn't that Crosby is "way, way, way, way better" or because Ovechkin "sooks!" I look at the past 5 years and Ovechkin has definately experianced long slumps especially recently. Crosby has been much more consistant. Ovechkin seems to slow down at playoff time, not a desirable feature of your start player.
Finnaly and simply put Crosby has won Olympic gold, world junior Gold, The memorial cup, The Stanly cup, and a handful of NHL awards including scoring and MVP. There is nothing left that Crosby has not accomplished.

In my opinion there is no further argument here. Ovechkin may be the better player but until he proves it my vote is with Crosby for now.
Alex116 Posted - 12/22/2011 : 08:43:59
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8492

Hmm, this thread seemed to be decided (in Crosby's favour), but now he might be the second coming of Lindros, health-wise. Ovechkin has also regressed. Still an above-average player, but certainly not the world-beater he once was. Who would you rather have to start next season? I'd probably take Ovechkin, because at least he doesn't get hurt. No guarantees Crosby ever plays a full season ever again.

It's hard to argue your pick when you consider Crosby's health, but it's ironice that Ovie's play has declined to the point that one may still take a chance with Crosby.

All i know for sure is, i felt like throwing up when i saw someone had rehashed this thread yet again!
Guest8492 Posted - 12/22/2011 : 08:33:56
Hmm, this thread seemed to be decided (in Crosby's favour), but now he might be the second coming of Lindros, health-wise. Ovechkin has also regressed. Still an above-average player, but certainly not the world-beater he once was. Who would you rather have to start next season? I'd probably take Ovechkin, because at least he doesn't get hurt. No guarantees Crosby ever plays a full season ever again.
Guest4696 Posted - 01/25/2011 : 18:52:17
[capssssssssss ruleeeee oveichkin is so goooooooooood sidney crosby is a fail no scrath that a epic fail all the crosby fans out there shut thef*#@*! up bastardes ovie rulessssssssfont=Verdana][/font=Verdana]
Guest9006 Posted - 01/14/2011 : 16:16:07
No Ovechkin has Semin and Backstrom
Guest0889 Posted - 01/13/2011 : 15:50:17
they both suck. Dan hamhuis greatest player of all time
Guest9894 Posted - 01/13/2011 : 14:29:10
k first of all points goals awards and cups doesnt mean anything. That doesnt make them better players because of that. If the question was who has MORE GOALS ovechkin or crosby, thats were that would come into play k! just because he has more goals does not make him a better player it just means he has more goals. what you have to think about is there skill and how they play. alrighty, so you cant say anything prove that ones better because of GOALS! HOW BOUT YOU GET THAT THOUGH YOUR HEAD!
The Duke Posted - 10/14/2010 : 16:44:21
more effort than ovie...you must be joking. Both great players.
Guest9303 Posted - 10/14/2010 : 15:43:08
OK i am a huge crosby fan and yes ovechkin is a finominal player but just because he can score on the ground????NO ovechkin is a one man show and he thinks hes all that to me crosby is an all around player,and has way more heart an effort into the game crosby is indeed the better player but dont get me wrong ovi is great too and whoever dissagrees SHUT UP cause idc what u think cause u only think.....i know for a fact! but one thing ovi does beat him at is the speed cause ovi is faster but crosby is still fast. o and one last thing how is he a sore loser????? hmm lemme think HES NOT!and hes not a cry baby people r just retarded so u can say whatever u want about how ovi is better but lets just say i wont say anything back just to stop the tears from runnin down your face!
Guest5806 Posted - 10/04/2010 : 22:13:06
washington is something like 7-2-1 without ovechkin
semin-rules Posted - 10/04/2010 : 21:20:49
As much I hate Crosby, and that's a whole other topic why I do hah,
I do think that he is better overall than Ovie. Not by a lot though !
Crosby is an all around player, ovie is just offensive, Crosby can lead his guys to a cup and ovie can't win a playoff game to save his life, Crosby wins gold medals, ovie doesn't even get a medal. Ovie is def more entertaining to watch, but Crosby does get my pick for a better overall player.

I feel sick saying that haha
Guest4897 Posted - 10/04/2010 : 01:32:16
Crosby has a cup!
Guest4565 Posted - 10/03/2010 : 16:15:24
Hmm they'r both real good but they'r different kind of player we can't compare but i personally i prefer AO's playin style
Guest4100 Posted - 05/11/2010 : 16:45:07
ok ur starting to piss me of its about hockey not english ok so shut the f*** up and respond without talking about english

Okay, you're starting to bother me - it's about hockey, not grammar. So please, refrain from your complaints, and respond without pointing out my spelling/grammar errors, thanks.

[ moderator edit ]
Alex116 Posted - 05/11/2010 : 16:04:48
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4100

here ill say it again,
1 stanley cup
2 prince of whale thropies
1 olympic gold
2 junier golds
memorial trophy
richard trophy
art rose trophy
yougnest person to get 100 points
youngest person to win the stanley cup and be captain
in the juniers 2005 led for scoring
in 2006 was the mvp
gms voted crosby most wants player ovie was 3rd and luongo was 2nd
ovie doesnt kill time unlike crosby
and ask ovie how hes doing in golf and then ask crosby no wait he can make it far in the playoffs

My apologies, i usually don't care about spelling, but yours wasn't just bad, it was brutal! As for "one mistake"? Huh? Count'em again, they're in red. And i didn't even bother with the punctuation or poor grammar like " .....voted Crosby most wants player....."?

Again, i'm sorry, i'll let it go now, you need not reply.
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/11/2010 : 14:53:17
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2250

OVECHKIN is better your stunned !!!!!!! ovechkins better no doubt,he's just beter crosby crosby's and sore loser,sook,and sukier then ovechkin thats all i need to say.

No Crosby is better.No way Ovi is better

GO SHARKS GO
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/11/2010 : 14:52:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8116

Ovi has semin , crosby shooting blanks

I agree with you there guest 8116

GO SHARKS GO
Guest4100 Posted - 05/11/2010 : 14:24:07
ok first of all i only made one mistake and i get the first time but dude why r u looking at my typing this is about hockey okkk and ur joke isnt funny
Guest4271 Posted - 05/11/2010 : 01:32:06
wonder if this debate happens after/if the Russians, Ovie and company choke again at the Worlds, lol..........not sure who should beat them thou, as most teams are undermanned due to the Olympics
Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:48:58
You're kidding, right? You didn't just type all that again with pretty much the same tragic number of spelling / grammatical errors? Please don't believe the saying "3rd time lucky", i just don't think i could handle it?
Guest4100 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 19:41:12
here ill say it again,
1 stanley cup
2 prince of whale thropies
1 olympic gold
2 junier golds
memorial trophy
richard trophy
art rose trophy
yougnest person to get 100 points
youngest person to win the stanley cup and be captain
in the juniers 2005 led for scoring
in 2006 was the mvp
gms voted crosby most wants player ovie was 3rd and luongo was 2nd
ovie doesnt kill time unlike crosby
and ask ovie how hes doing in golf and then ask crosby no wait he can make it far in the playoffs
Guest4100 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 19:35:48
lol its ok yaa im not the best typer
Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 17:59:30
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4100

ok to all of u ovie people who think hes better than crosby explain this, he has 2 junier golds and in 2005 led for scoring and in 2006 was the mvp. he haswon a stanley cup, he is the yo8ugnest captain to win a stanley cup, is the youngest person to get 100 points,has was a olympic gold, got the ot goal. has 2 prince of whale trophys.he has a richard,memorial,art rose trophy and all the gms voted crosby as the most wanted player and ovie was even 2 he was 3rd luongo was 2nd. ask ovie how hes doing golf right now and then ask crosby..no wait crosby is still playing having a cance to win and wen the caps got a to many men penatily they but ovie in cuz they now he cant kill time if his life depended on it and crosby is always on the pentiltiy kill

After reading this, i can only hope that one of these two things is true:

1. English is not your first language
2. You have yet to complete grade 3.

Sorry, i know we're not supposed to slag people for spelling mistakes, but that was as close to unreadable as i've ever seen on here!
Guest4100 Posted - 05/10/2010 : 16:01:55
ok to all of u ovie people who think hes better than crosby explain this, he has 2 junier golds and in 2005 led for scoring and in 2006 was the mvp. he haswon a stanley cup, he is the yo8ugnest captain to win a stanley cup, is the youngest person to get 100 points,has was a olympic gold, got the ot goal. has 2 prince of whale trophys.he has a richard,memorial,art rose trophy and all the gms voted crosby as the most wanted player and ovie was even 2 he was 3rd luongo was 2nd. ask ovie how hes doing golf right now and then ask crosby..no wait crosby is still playing having a cance to win and wen the caps got a to many men penatily they but ovie in cuz they now he cant kill time if his life depended on it and crosby is always on the pentiltiy kill
irvine Posted - 05/06/2010 : 21:56:44
Both players are of top notch caliber. I don't think anyone will deny that, atleast I hope not.

But my personal favorite is Sidney Crosby, opposed to Alex Ovechkin.

Do I believe one is more talented than the other? I do not.

Do I believe one is more poised and mature than the other? I most certainly do. And to me, it's Crosby.

Both are highly talented in terms of skill. But I prefer Crosby both on and off the ice, from what we get to see as 'backseat drivers.'

Another factor weighing in on my decision is that of Crosby's overall abilities. Ovechkin to me seems fairly one-dimensional. He doesn't seem to try and change the style of his game when it is failing (failing to his standards), or to improve in areas of personal weakness. He continues to play his run and gun style, hit what moves, and repeat.

While Crosby, I find to be more mature. He leads by example, on and off the ice. He develops areas of weakness, during the off season. Coming back, improved, each year in the areas that lacked the previous year.

Such examples are that of faceoffs & shooting (scoring.)

Both areas have improved drastically this year... and it has helped both his personal game, and his team overall.

Crosby is the type of player (in my opinion), who can adapt to his surroundings. Give him a new linemate, and he will change his style of play on a dime to adapt to who he is playing with. Give him a bit of a sniper, Crosby becomes a playmaker. Give him a guy who can't score, Sid does it him self. To me, that makes a great player.

Heart, skill, determination, ability to adapt and most of all, a love for the game. Without love for the game, you'll never achieve what you're capable of. Because you'll never give it your all.

Anyways, that's why I prefer Sid over Alex. But as mentioned, both are highly skilled. And they'll continue for years to come. But, I feel personally that, Sid will continue to improve gradually each year. While Alex, although not peaked yet, will slowly hit a stand still. Hitting his 50 goals still, but not exactly improving in the small areas as I feel Sid will.

Irvine/prez.
Guest4004 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 20:43:07
how bout those 3 assists 0 goals in 4 games vs montreal
Guest6729 Posted - 05/05/2010 : 13:23:20
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh G. Rection

So much fail...

1) Ovechkin won the WJC in 2003 with Russia. Also won the U18 Tourney in 2002 as a 16 year old. So its a push here at best.

2) Under this logic, Max Talbot and Matt Cooke are also better players than Ovechkin....

3) Yes, Crosby does have a gold medal, you went 1 for 3. Except Ovechkin also won a gold medal, with Russia, in the World Championships. Not the same but not insignificant either.

Of course using team victories as a metric to judge one player vs another is fairly stupid. Would Crosby have won a gold medal if he was born in Norway?

Who has more hart trophies? Lester B Pearsons? Maurice Richard trophies? Better points-per game average? More points/goals? Who do NHL players think is the better player? (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315609)

Personal achievements obviously the winner is Ovechkin. Statistics also point to him as the winner, although it's clear they are both elite performers. If we include team achievements its obviously Crosby winning. But is that fair? Did he even win the MVP when Pitt won? Did he carry the entire team on his back? No. He was a key contributor on what is a very strong team top to bottom. Kinda like the Olympic team.

also that link you provided is terrible, that's only 50 nhlers opinion....try getting the whole league lol....
Guest6729 Posted - 05/05/2010 : 09:06:19
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

In this thread I think it might be sacrilege not favor either ovechkin or crsoby.

To be honest both players are great, I don't like choosing between them. I just like sid more because i grew up as a pens fan and nobody barley gives him any credit for those un-real assists he pulls off. Both players are great and completely different. In my eyes, crosby is like gretzky, not very exciting to watch but he gets the job done. Ovechkin is like lemieux, exciting to watch but not getting the job done yet. Took crosby 4 years to win the cup, gretzky 5, lemieux 6, I'll be waiting for ovechkin to win. I hope he does because I wouldn't like to see a player like that not in the hall of fame because he hasn't won a cup.
polishexpress Posted - 05/04/2010 : 13:38:55
In this thread I think it might be sacrilege not favor either ovechkin or crsoby.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 05/04/2010 : 12:59:15
I've always felt that Ovechkin its the more entertaining player to watch, but both these guys are brilliant players. Crosby is getting pretty fun to watch too nowadays.

Am I allowed to like both? Do I have to pick a favorite?

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
99pickles Posted - 05/04/2010 : 00:00:34
I propose that Ovechkin is nothing more than a Brett Hull with a physical aspect.

I think Crosby is simply a better player all-around.
polishexpress Posted - 05/03/2010 : 22:05:16
Snowing flag kids:

Crosby: 0

Ovechkin: 1

Ha! Ovechkin has the lead over Crosby.
Guest0548 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 21:53:56
Your wrong ovy has a much better supporting cast then sid.sid is better,and ovechkin IS a choke artist.
Guest2243 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 07:03:08
i thought up to this year ovie was a better player, i admit i am WRONG. i think a dislike for crosby has always swayed my thinking. i watched a lot of hockey this year and i must say that crosby is SO, SO, SOOO much more a complete player than ovie will ever be. seems to me at 24 years old ovie has already peaked and is now leveling out, while crosby just keeps getting better still, no telling how great he is going to become. ovie is a one man show who is very predictable, a puck hog, and doesn`t back check very much. crosby on the other hand is a TEAM LEADER who leads by example, very unpredictable with the puck, makes gretzky-like ( no-look ) passes, and is very responsible in his own end.
ive heard the comment all my life regarding great players, ( OH YEAH LOOK AT THE TEAM HE WAS ON ) regardless how great the team is, you should look at the players line-mates, after-all thats who he is on the ice with, not the whole team. regarding the teams performance with/without him, GOAL-TENDING !!! has a lot to do with that, as does a players Plus-Minus, as does a teams penality kill percentage...
Guest4501 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 08:10:25
of course crosbys better than ovechkin thats a no brainer in all reality ovechkin isnt that good he should not be captian hes just a good foward at times during the regular season and he chokes at every chace he gets at winning king stanleys cup if the caps want ovechkin to good in the playoffs they cant rely on him

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page