Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Where Have They Gone?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/17/2008 : 16:34:20
I notice some people are asking where some NHl players, or former NHl players have gone. Many have disappeared to europe and other leagues and some are injured or retired. I made a list of a few players who I had no clue where they went or others have been asking about them. There are only a few here. If you have any requests I'll gladly research them for you. Well here they are:

Zigmund Palffy- currently playing in Slovakia. After retiring from hockey, he made his return with the team skalica.

Roman Turek- once a great NHL goalie, Turek decided to take his career over to the czech league playing for ceske.

Pavel Brendl- I had no idea the guy was still playing, but when I was looking at the swedish elite leagues top scoring last year, he was one fo the first on the list.

Jan Hrdina- After his stint in the NHL, he made his way over to sweden as well.

Jan Bulis- I thought he was still in the NHl, maybe in the AHL, but I found him in russia playing for khimik moscow.

Steve Sullivan- I saw somebody ask about him. He's currently injured. He has been expected to return for about the last year or so. I doubt he has much more time left with the predators or any team for that matter.

Marius Czerkawski- After leaving the leafs, he found new life with switzerland's Rapperswil-Jona

Players I will be researching- Jeff Finger, Stu Barnes, Artus Irbe, Dave Scatchard, Roman Czeckmanek, Jason Allison and Eric Desjardins.

Remember, if you want to know where anybody else is, don't hesitate to ask me to research. Also, if you know where any of the people on this list are, please let me know. Thanks.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gusteroni Posted - 05/27/2009 : 10:46:35
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Jeff O'Neil is a guy who fell off the map.... I know he attended Hurricanes training camp and then just f'ed off... He was a player with so much potential who should have had so much gas left in the tank.

I guess the death of his brother really destroyed him...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Staying on the topic of "former Leafs"...Jason Allison had 60 PTS in 66 games in 05-06, then disappeared??

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

I can't find anything more on O'Neill after he was released from the Hurricanes following training camp but Jason Allison is retired now and he is operating a horse farm north of Toronto.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/27/2009 : 06:56:35
lol...as Quinn once said..."Jason slows down the game" :P

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/27/2009 : 06:38:25
My grandmother could skate faster than Allison could... I don't care how many point he scored, he was brutal...

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/27/2009 : 05:06:25
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Jeff O'Neil is a guy who fell off the map.... I know he attended Hurricanes training camp and then just f'ed off... He was a player with so much potential who should have had so much gas left in the tank.

Staying on the topic of "former Leafs"...Jason Allison had 60 PTS in 66 games in 05-06, then disappeared??

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/26/2009 : 13:18:01

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/26/2009 : 11:54:51
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

quote:

Robert Esche? anyone know?? :P haha

He now plays in Russia's KHL with SKA St. Petersburg. In 2008-2009 he posted a record of 21-14 with a 1.87 Goals against average, and .912 save percentage. He also posted 9 shutouts. Not bad.

Not bad at all lol...bet he'd still be in the NHL is he didn't disappear in the playoffs...

Gusteroni Posted - 05/26/2009 : 11:51:57
quote:

He now plays in Russia's KHL with SKA St. Petersburg. In 2008-2009 he posted a record of 21-14 with a 1.87 Goals against average, and .912 save percentage. He also posted 9 shutouts. Not bad.

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/26/2009 : 11:42:44

Axey Posted - 05/09/2009 : 08:56:35
Where did Pavel Datsyuk go? 3 pts the post season ...
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 12:33:58
where did Aki Berg go.... I miss aki....

n/a Posted - 05/08/2009 : 10:24:46
My countryman, Irbe, lives in Riga, Latvia. I think he is still the goalie coach for Riga Dynamo.

He lives like a king there, and was forced to get a divorce from his wife due to numerous . . . indescretions. He is one of Latvia's most famous playboys, living in a city famous for its fast and free nightlife.

Not sure if he still wears those taped-up, smelly old pads or not, lol.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 05/08/2009 : 10:06:27
Is John Leclaire still playing anywhere? And where has Higgsy gone?!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
tracks888 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 08:12:10
Mr. OILINONTARIO: Let's compile the "alltime-bodyparts" team.
Jeff Fingers
Adam Foote
Don Head-Old goalie for the Bruins,etc.

Coach- "Toe" Blake
Honourable Mentions:
Mike Backman
Bill Noseworthy
Ken Baumgarten
P.S. I thought I had Jonathon Toews but had the pronunciation wrong. Hope you have as much spare time as I have.

david
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 06:24:40
Does anyone remember in 2001-2002 when Sundin and Joseph went down going into the playoffs and Alyn McCauley and Cory Schwab took the team on their shoulders???....then we traded McCauley for Nolan the next season, that worked out well! LOL

Where's Cory Schwab? lol

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Guest7147 Posted - 11/17/2008 : 00:59:12
Mccauley is retired and is the assistant coach of the Queens University mens hockey team
Guest0495 Posted - 11/16/2008 : 13:27:14
where is alyn mccaley i forget if thats how you spell his name but yeah only player on the leafs i actually liked
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/20/2008 : 09:22:32
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

Jeff Finger is out with an injured foot. On a lighter note, all of Adam Foote's fingers seem to be fine.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.

Do I have your permission to make this my new signature, it's pretty funny.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 10/19/2008 : 11:33:11
quote:

Jeff Finger is out with an injured foot. On a lighter note, all of Adam Foote's fingers seem to be fine.

One of the Top 5 quotes of all time!!!!
Beans15 Posted - 10/19/2008 : 10:22:07
quote:

This is exactly what I needed to make me laugh this morning. That is some funny stuff!!!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 10/19/2008 : 04:09:28

pensfan17 Posted - 10/18/2008 : 22:00:40
Cechmanek is playing in the Czech league for HC Ocelari Trinec, Scatchard is a UFA, Desjardins is retired and works as a player development coach for Philly, Allison is retired, Irbe is a goalie coach for Dinamo Liga of the KHL, and Dagenais signed with Traktor Cheylabinsk of the KHL. That's what I found oon Wikipedia.
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/18/2008 : 09:37:42
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4572

I'm pretty sure Jeff Finger is a Maple Leaf,

I'm wondering why he isn't playing. I'll get to work on the rest and should have them by the afternoon. And I read that barnes resigned from being the assistant coach of dallas and went to play hockey again. I don't know if it's true but I'd like to know for sure.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 10/18/2008 : 08:38:47
Anson Carter is playing in the Swiss league for HC Lugano.

Alexandre Daigle is also playing in the Swiss league but for HC Davos.

I found that researching any player on wikipedia will help you find their current team. Its interesting to see what some of these guys have made themselves as a pro player.
Beans15 Posted - 10/18/2008 : 08:14:55
Didn't Stu Barnes retire and is now an assistant coach with Dallas???

What happened to Anson Carter???
Pasty7 Posted - 10/18/2008 : 07:40:30
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Hey Nashvillepreds!

Where is Alexandre Daigle?

seriously i would like to know that aswell also what about pierre dagenais

Pasty
admin Posted - 10/17/2008 : 21:26:10
Hey Nashvillepreds!

Where is Alexandre Daigle?
Guest4572 Posted - 10/17/2008 : 20:52:17