Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 So much for the Prince of Wales curse - PENS WIN!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest3410 Posted - 06/13/2009 : 11:09:02
As you may remember, Sidney Crosby not only touched, but held the Prince of Wales trophy this year after winning the Eastern Conference, 2009, AND won the Stanley Cup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLbPy6nHDo

And guess what? Mario Lemieux did that exact same thing in the 1991 Eastern Conference win over the Bruins. Mario touched the trophy that year and ended up winning it all against the Minnesota North Stars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wresWm5VZc

With Sidney learning yet another thing from Mario, and likely to touch the conference trophy the next time he gets it, i call this superstition all but dead.

PS: Sidney 1 - Alex 0

:p
Mez
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0415 Posted - 06/16/2009 : 14:09:15
slozo is right for more information go to [ moderator edit ]
n/a Posted - 06/16/2009 : 06:41:14
lol . . . for some reason I missed this comment, rofl.

Now, who can I think of that now posts as a guest, uses the word "gomer", and has a huge hate on for Crosby . . .

REEDER!!!
"only a gomer would say crosby broke the curse watch some hockey before crosby was drafted before you speak and act like you no anything"

Wow, the greatest hockey mind in his own mind, the superlative thinker that he is, has posited an opinion! Let's correct his English first, (he's a university student who hasn't gotten the hang of spellcheck) so our dear readers (no pun intended) can try to fathom the depths of his wisdom:

"Only a gomer (see: idiot) would say that Crosby broke the curse - watch some of the hockey he played before he was drafted, before you speak and act as if you know anything."

So - the curse was supposedly this: whoever physically touches the Prince of Wales trophy curses their team to a loss in the finals.

RECAP - Crosby touched the trophy (in fact, he held it aloft and carried it around to make a point) and the Penguins won the Stanley Cup against what many considered to be a superior team.

WRONG!

Now, a question for the great mind of this commenter: what the heck does breaking the silly curse (which never really existed, try looking up the others who have touched the trophy and won) have to do with Crosby playing hockey in his junior days? Frankly, it just doesn't make any sense, unless I take into account the fact that this comment was made during frosh week . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
fly4apuckguy Posted - 06/14/2009 : 11:16:33
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0415

only a gomer would say crosby broke the curse watch some hockey before crosby was drafted before you speak and act like you no anything

I think this statement speaks for iteself.
Guest0415 Posted - 06/13/2009 : 15:54:54
only a gomer would say crosby broke the curse watch some hockey before crosby was drafted before you speak and act like you no anything
rebekah Posted - 06/13/2009 : 15:15:45
quote:
Originally posted by just1n

Awesome game 7 and final! I usually either don't care much for the two teams make it to the final, or the team I like loses (like any Canadian team that ever made in the last several years). I was pretty pumped to see Crosby win, he puts up with a lot and a ton of pressure being the poster boy for the league. Youngest captain to win the cup!!

Supposedly he didn't make the handshake line quick enough to shake Lidstrom's hand after the game and Draper is making a big deal of it... I'm pretty sure he was in there shaking hands tho.

I 100% agree! I love it when young people have great accomplishments, especially young Canadian hockey players. Crosby worked hard for that and he deserves it - I'm happy for him! Not gonna lie, I felt a bit emotional over it all.

As for the hand shakes thing, I really don't think its a big deal either. Its not like he refused to shake hands at all, he was just a little delayed. Get over it. Draper just needs something to complain about because they didn't win.
just1n Posted - 06/13/2009 : 13:26:32
Supposedly Bylsma told Guerin that little fact to pass on to Crosby after they swept the Canes.

Awesome game 7 and final! I usually either don't care much for the two teams make it to the final, or the team I like loses (like any Canadian team that ever made in the last several years). I was pretty pumped to see Crosby win, he puts up with a lot and a ton of pressure being the poster boy for the league. Youngest captain to win the cup!!

Supposedly he didn't make the handshake line quick enough to shake Lidstrom's hand after the game and Draper is making a big deal of it... I'm pretty sure he was in there shaking hands tho.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/13/2009 : 11:24:44
Cancer, bad back and other injuries. Maybe the curse worked in different way on Mario. Just a thought

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page