Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 1st pick

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4282 Posted - 06/14/2009 : 18:27:43
as of right now who would be your 1st pick in next years pool
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hockster Posted - 06/17/2009 : 11:57:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0548

Hedman, by all accounts so far the more complete player.

No way!!! hahhahaha thats funny!

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Beans15 Posted - 06/16/2009 : 17:16:32
The difference in a hockey pool is rarely the 1st picks. Most pools that I have been involved in are 10-15 people. There are generally 10-15 PPG player in the NHL every year. As long as you have one of them, you are in good shape.

What wins or loses a pool for you is the middle round guys. The players expected to get 40 points who gets 70. The guy you can steal in the 5th round who will be a top 30 point getter. For example, the last pool I won (07-08 season) I picked up Getlaf in the the 7th round, who gathered a nice 80 points. I also had Petr Sykora as my last pick who everyone else passed over after a weak season in Edmonton the year prior. He had 60+ points when most of the other last round picks were around 35-40 points.

If you really want to win your pool next year, take you time finding the middle of the road guy that will over produce. As long as you have one of the know 10-15 PPG guys in the league. You will be fine.

However, to answer the question, I would take Malkin if I had #1 pick.
hanley6 Posted - 06/16/2009 : 14:02:39
either Ovechkin or Malkin will win the Art Ross Next year, but Ovechkin will win the Maurice Richard Memorial Trophy by a long shot again... There is just no one else in the League that knows how to put the puck in the net as well as Ovechkin can, Gretzky doesn't play anymore....

hard to say who will win the Art Ross really, between Ovechkin and Malkin, they are the best two hockey players in the NHL today and for years to come... Crosby not a chance... Crosby will end up 3,4, or 5th in Points next year
CaliforniaSeal Posted - 06/16/2009 : 13:54:06
Malkin...but I have a feeling none of the big 3 (Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby) will win the scoring title in 2009-10

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 06/15/2009 : 07:07:59
id also take malkin. he will lead the league in scoring again, barring injury.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest7937 Posted - 06/15/2009 : 07:03:45
Have to go Malkin as he is money and has the support to get the points that typically put him at or near the top of the scoring race.

"Get me an orange or a grape, none of that stinking root beer!"
Jack Hanson
n/a Posted - 06/15/2009 : 04:54:02
Might be a different answer, depending on whether goals are weighted more heavily in your pool (I prefer the goal is heavier than an assist point system, but to each his own).

Goal heavy (goals are worth 1.5 or more):
Ovechkin (easily)

Goals/Assists are one point:
Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin . . . doesn't really matter, they will all be up there in the same territory

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest0415 Posted - 06/14/2009 : 18:36:20
he said pools not draft easily ovechkin if based on goals pool
Guest0548 Posted - 06/14/2009 : 18:32:01
Hedman, by all accounts so far the more complete player.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page