Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 More Stats?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest3350 Posted - 06/28/2009 : 07:20:13
Hello!

Our fantasy league is using Pickuphockey and this service has been great and reliable so far, thanks for that! :)

Now I know I really shouldn't ask or demand anything big since this is a free service, but I'm still curious to know if it would be at all possible to add more stat categories to Pickuphockey?
What I mean is, currently Pickuphockey is focused too much on points alone (goals and assists). There are tons of other important stats like saves, allowed goals, ice time, blocked shots, shots against goal, giveaways, takeaways etc that this service is lacking.

Since you are a free service and you do not pay for a stats feed, I understand if you cannot add even half of those stats that I just suggested, but any additions would be great and make Pickuphockey even better!

Thank you!

- Pete from Finland
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 02/28/2014 : 10:03:50
Hi Guest 4379. The last reply to this post was in 2009 because that was the last time anyone posted in it. Since 2009 we've added a ton of new features and stats.

At this time there are no plans to add blocked shots or the stats mentioned above for this season. They are on the list but the list is long and we knock off what we can when we can. The site is a free site so admittedly we don't have the resources to add new features and stats all the time. We bank up the requests and the new features typically come in waves. Hope to have a bunch of new features for this coming September.

Thanks!
Guest4379 Posted - 02/22/2014 : 08:07:45
The last reply to this post was August 2009, is there any news about adding extra stats like allowed goals, ice time, blocked shots, shots against goal, giveaways, takeaways, hits and fights?

I think blocked shots would be a great add for defensemen and hits and fights would be great for enforcers.
Guest3350 Posted - 08/31/2009 : 13:23:53
Thanks for the answer, admin!

I have noticed you are working hard on improving this service, it's just too bad that the features that I find the most important aren't being improved on at the moment (for realism's sake I find stats such as hits, fights, shots etc important) but it is very understandable as this is a free service.

Keep up the good work, I know you're doing you're best.
admin Posted - 08/30/2009 : 11:25:44
Hi 3350, sorry, but I didn't see this until today. For future reference you will get a faster response by emailing support.

We are adding a custom stats category where you can create your own postion like rookies etc. But unfortunately we are not tracking new stats to the system this season. We had planned to but we decided to focus our attention on other aspects of the site for the short term. Unfortunately we operate on a shoestring budget (since we're free ) so we're not able to do everything we want in a single summer...but we're working on that.

We're doing many other things including: rebuilding the chump chat system, upgrading the message system, improving the speed of the stats updates, adding a new level to the Bias Rule, creating tutorial videos, upgrading our spam filters, adding in box scores, adding nhl standings, adding nhl game schedules, adding player bios, a remember login feature, bonus points management, some behind the scenes enhancements to help us better manage the site, as well as some minor aesthetic upgrades. So as you can see we're pretty busy trying to make some dramatic improvements. I think you'll be very impressed!

We'd love to get some more stats as well but we'll have to roll them out next time. We have plans for many other enhancements but they are more complex and will take some more time. Things like: real time stats, single login with dashboard to manage all your pools, Ability for poolies to create their own rosters (instead of the pool commissioner) salary cap system, reserves system, keeper leagues, seasonal rollovers, brackets pools for playoffs, enhanced player reporting, sort by team, ability to reassign positions, and more.

We're always open to ideas. Keep in mind that all the suggestions go into the requests pile and we select the most popular ones to develop further - based on our time and budgets.

Thanks for the feedback!
Guest3350 Posted - 08/28/2009 : 13:06:08
It's been 2 months since I started this topic... It's pretty sad that the people who run Pickuphockey cannot answer my question. Seems like there will be no new stat categories for the upcoming season, but maybe some day? :(
Guest7281 Posted - 06/29/2009 : 13:04:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3350

quote:
Originally posted by Guest3391

there are alot of other free fantasy pool sites that do add alot more stats than this site, it should be possible

Are you sure? Can you name a few that really are free? Sorry but I have my doubts that there are better fantasy pool sites than Pickuphockey.com.

Try yahoo pools. They'll have everything you need and you can draft online if you cant get all your poolies into the same room for a draft.
Guest3350 Posted - 06/29/2009 : 08:15:45
quote:

there are alot of other free fantasy pool sites that do add alot more stats than this site, it should be possible

Are you sure? Can you name a few that really are free? Sorry but I have my doubts that there are better fantasy pool sites than Pickuphockey.com.
Guest3391 Posted - 06/28/2009 : 14:03:51
quote:

there are alot of other free fantasy pool sites that do add alot more stats than this site, it should be possible, ESPN updates as soon as someone scores or gets a point or a penalty or whatever and its a free site

Guest3391 Posted - 06/28/2009 : 14:02:09

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page