Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Scott Gomez deal?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 05:41:31
What do you think of the trade for Scott Gomez?

He is on contract until the end of the 2014 season, making $7.5 Million per year.

2008-2009 Stats:
77 GP | 16 G | 42 A | -2

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Axey Posted - 07/02/2009 : 14:08:42
Only time will tell. I like the line, and Higgins has acheived nothing in Montreal, only thing I hated was losing Mcdonagh, but you have to lose some to get some.
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 12:24:11
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Lmaoo well I can see our Buds taking a few games. Exelby is going to be the unsung hero, hugely underrated like I mentioned in a former thread. I can't even begin to describe how much I like that Kubina trade! I think Burke definitely made some right moves with Exelby and, most definitely, Komisarek.

Komisarek still has to win over a lot of Leaf fans, we'll see in time. I love how this started as a forum about Scott Gomez and the Habs, and suddenly turned into Komisarek and the other Leaf tough guys, and the Leafs! ahh...gotta love the power of the bleu et blanc lol

On topic, Gomez....bust! haha

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
leafsfan_101 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 11:15:38
Lmaoo well I can see our Buds taking a few games. Exelby is going to be the unsung hero, hugely underrated like I mentioned in a former thread. I can't even begin to describe how much I like that Kubina trade! I think Burke definitely made some right moves with Exelby and, most definitely, Komisarek.
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 11:12:35
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

I don't think that this trade addresses any specific need for the Habs. The needed a big, scoring centerman like Lecavlier. Not a skilled, small guy like Gomez.

It's not a terrible trade, but it really doesn't solve their needs. And with the loss of Komisarek, they also lost their top defensive prospect in Ryan McDonough (who was included in this trade). So now their defense does even further down.

It will be interesting to see what Gainey does, but his smalllish, skilled forwards will get dominated by larger, more defensive teams. Big skilled guys is what they should have gotten, but I don't really like this.

Dominated by the rough and tough guys wearing Blue & White!! haha

leafsfan_101 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 11:08:28
I don't think that this trade addresses any specific need for the Habs. The needed a big, scoring centerman like Lecavlier. Not a skilled, small guy like Gomez.

It's not a terrible trade, but it really doesn't solve their needs. And with the loss of Komisarek, they also lost their top defensive prospect in Ryan McDonough (who was included in this trade). So now their defense does even further down.

It will be interesting to see what Gainey does, but his smalllish, skilled forwards will get dominated by larger, more defensive teams. Big skilled guys is what they should have gotten, but I don't really like this.
Pasty7 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 11:03:15
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

quote:
Originally posted by Axey

Please tell me how Kovalev even relates to this? Kovalev actually gets paid decently, $4.5 mill. Gomez is a scrappy intense guy that doesn't quit. Kovie shows up when he feels like it.

Gomez is known for holding on to the puck for too long, forgetting about his linemates, and doesn't battle deep in the corners...

ok before you just make something random up look at the stats you posted the guy is an assist machine a poor man's joe thornton so no he doesn;t hold on to the puck to long or forget about linemates its actually the opposite, and one thing is for sure Gomez is a tough kid and doesn;t shy away from the corners watch a hockey not highlights before posting nonsense

Pasty
Beans15 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 10:41:03
Signing Gionta and Cammellari were the solid moves. Gomez, at $7.5 million is an overpaid centre. Much like Horcoff is in Edmonton. Don't get me wrong, both solid hockey players all over the ice. But neither are $7 million players.

Although hats off to Slats. With his UFA and trades, he basically traded Gomez for Higgins, Gaborik, and 3 prospects. That's a brilliant hockey move from a brilliant hockey mind.

Gainey, he's spending money like water, and more often than not, the team who spends the most doesn't win the most.

We'll see. The Gomez move surprised me the most of anything that has happened transaction wise this year. Although Hossa in Chicago when 1/2 that team is up for contract in the next 2 seasons is a very close 2nd.
pensfan17 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 09:57:26
It's a risky move, but signing Gionta may make this move a good one. Gomez is obviously way overpaid, but Gomez and Gionta were awesome together in Jersey when Gionta scored 48 and Gomez had a ton of assists. Add Cammelerri to that line and you never know, it could work out well.
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 09:25:12
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

Please tell me how Kovalev even relates to this? Kovalev actually gets paid decently, $4.5 mill. Gomez is a scrappy intense guy that doesn't quit. Kovie shows up when he feels like it.

Gomez is known for holding on to the puck for too long, forgetting about his linemates, and doesn't battle deep in the corners...

Axey Posted - 07/02/2009 : 09:20:01

Rambo2305 Posted - 07/02/2009 : 05:51:23
I wonder how long it will take until he is being run out of town?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page