Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 PKH Hall of Fame

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 07/27/2008 : 03:37:23
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
If it is that important to people to have a "status" on the site, perhaps we can have a voting system.

I’ve spent a lot of time over the past few months working out the logistics of an idea for a PickUpHockey Hall of Fame, have been corresponding with the admin, and finally have come up with a system which will serve to honour those who truly deserve recognition for their contribution. Hopefully we can satisfy the craving for a ‘status’ on the website.

Purpose:
To recognize those members that do an exceptional service to us all and make the forums enjoyable, interesting and educational.

The way it works:
Every three months, a new member will be added to the Hall of Fame. Using the criteria I have come up with, you will e-mail in your nominations based on the list provided for that ‘term.’ This is not a forum to inflate post-count nor is it a popularity contest; any vote posted in this thread will be disqualified. At the end of the term, I post the new member of the Hall of Fame and release the list of members eligible for next term.

Criteria for nomination:
-Member for at least two years (ensures they are a recognized personality on this website)
-Minimum of 500 posts (ensures they have been here a reasonable amount of time)
-Average of 6 posts per day or less (ensures they aren’t a ‘posting-maniac’)

(By the by, I spent about three days just researching the profiles of every registered member – all 4899 of them – and made a spreadsheet of all those eligible, and all those nearing eligibility.)

Caution:
Before you ask: when I told the admin of my idea, he had this to say:

quote:
Your Hall of Fame idea sounds interesting and I don’t mind it at all. But I’ll leave it up to you. You know the basic site guidelines so I trust that you’ll follow them. For the record though, do not interpret this as our approval, or that the site is sanctioning it. It’s still your baby.

He told me that the only potential problem with such a thing is that it could be deemed as ‘elitist.’ Therefore I implore you not to give this a head of its own; on average, this thread should be see no more than 5 posts in it per month.

We aren’t looking to hold some members on a higher pedestal than others, only recognize those that contribute to making PickUpHockey the best hockey forum on the internet. I ask that you do not look at post count as a determining factor, it is merely a guideline. When voting, maybe look at the recent posts of the person you are voting for to make sure you aren’t turning this into a ‘who has the most posts’ contest.

I’ll leave this open for now so you can voice your opinions. Tell me if you think the criteria is fair and any other suggestions you may have. Later today I will release the list of eligible members for the ‘first term!’

Cheers!

Proudly Celebrating Over 50 Blogs and Counting
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OILINONTARIO Posted - 02/08/2014 : 16:14:57
My bad, really. I voted 9508.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
irvine Posted - 02/08/2014 : 11:48:00
I voted for Guest also. :)

Irvine/prez.
Alex116 Posted - 02/07/2014 : 20:52:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9509

I never got in...

WHAAAAT? I voted for you!
Guest9509 Posted - 02/07/2014 : 11:02:34
I never got in...
admin Posted - 09/23/2010 : 12:40:44
Hey guys, this is a community forum and it is run by the people. The PKH hall of fame is not endorsed by the site but it is welcome. Alex emailed me a few years ago and asked if it was ok and I said sure but explained that it was his baby. His last post was at the end of the season, so he probably just took the summer off. If he does not appear in the next couple months perhaps we have another regular member take the hall over. If he does return I hope he keeps it alive.

But, posts, forums and ideas are all "survival of the fittest". In order for one to succeed there is usually one person who rallies behind it and champions the cause. Alex was that guy. He came on to the site guns ablazin' and settled in to be a very well respected member of the forum. I hope he returns and keeps the hall alive.
Alex116 Posted - 09/23/2010 : 08:10:19
Uh oh....you may have just cost yourself a spot in the hall!

I don't know Alex on here really at all. Since i joined, he's rarely been around and i didn't understand your comments about lowering his posts per day count until i noticed he had quite a few posts considering he's been somewhat invisible in the year and half since i arrived? Was he posting a ton at first? I mean, he was the one who came up with the hall of fame rules including the posts per day thing, no? Ironically, the last 3 inductees have all pretty much been non existant in my year and a half? Of course, this is a hockey forum and things change in peoples lives resulting in changes in their computer habits so we ought not be surprised really.

All in all i pretty much agree with most of what you said about the thing being somewhat "silly", but it really isn't/wasn't harming anyone so i had no prob reading the thread and was even somewhat interested in the results.
n/a Posted - 09/23/2010 : 05:50:37
Well, it is funny how Alex was right on it when he won the vote (not sure if that is like a politician counting all the votes and declaring himself the winner, lol), but has now disappeared . . . I may or may not be the 'winner', Alex116, but frankly - IMHO, you understand - I don't think this thing should ever have been done by anyone other than the administrator, or a moderator.

For the record, I have never once voted for this thing.

A year or two ago, Alex was a constant poster . . . and has basically exiled himself to one post a week or less to get his posts per day rating down. As much as I appreciate his many contributions (not trying to sell you short, dude - we do appreciate your many thoughtful comments), at this point, I don't think he would have ever been in my pickuphockey hall of fame at this point in time.

This voting process is unregulated, unmonitored, and assumes that people with valued opinions care enough to vote . . .

Those are just my thoughts, and if Alex wants to respond with saying that it's just sour grapes from me, go ahead - but I think the whole affair is silly, unless done properly.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 09/22/2010 : 22:46:27
No winner last term? Or did Slozo get so many votes, you're still counting???
Guest9910 Posted - 05/25/2010 : 03:02:47
I vote for guest 9910
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/24/2010 : 08:27:37
I vote for Irvine

RESIGN NABBY AND PATTY
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/24/2010 : 08:22:32
What about Jumbo Joe Rocks.....anyone

RESIGN NABBY AND PATTY
Alex Posted - 05/22/2010 : 19:18:06
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

I'm a little confused.

I keep going from being able to be nominated, to not listed as being able.

I've seen my name appear on your list Alex, then, the next one i'm not there.

I believe I meet all of the criteria.

Irvine/prez.

Sorry, it's because I didn't enter you in my database - you've been added to the list!

Let's have those votes e-mailed as opposed to posted in the forum, please.

Good luck to all candidates!
Sensfan101 Posted - 05/22/2010 : 16:13:52
This is one term that has no clear cut winner but I think I will vote Slozo

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Pasty7 Posted - 05/22/2010 : 08:09:07
vote for pedro!!! uhhh i mean pasty7

Pasty
irvine Posted - 05/21/2010 : 20:40:43
I'm a little confused.

I keep going from being able to be nominated, to not listed as being able.

I've seen my name appear on your list Alex, then, the next one i'm not there.

I believe I meet all of the criteria.

Irvine/prez.
Alex Posted - 05/21/2010 : 14:59:47
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

When is the next person gonna get inducted?

Oops! This was supposed to be on April 1st...

In any case, the (belated) winner for our 7th term is Mikhailova! Nice to see some of our alumni getting the nod, definitely very deserved, as those who can remember Mikhailova can attest to! A great contributor for sure.

That makes our list:

Admin - Inducted October 1st 2008
Beans - Inducted January 1st 2009
Leigh - Inducted April 1st 2009
willus3 - Inducted July 1st 2009
Bablaboushka - Inducted October 1st 2009
Alex - Inducted January 1st 2010
Mikhailova - Inducted April 1st 2010

Next inductee will be on Canada Day 2010! Here are your candidates:

Axey
1 Crosby Fan
Canucks Man
semin-rules
Kashmire
IHATECROSBY
oil-country
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
leafsfan_101
jbraiter
tctitans
Patchy
Buddyno2000
PainTrain
andyhack
OILINONTARIO
Leafs Rock Planet
Fly4aPuckGuy
99pickles
Pasty7
Leafsfan_94
nashvillepreds
Antroman
slozo
Irvine
Sensfan101 Posted - 05/21/2010 : 13:47:48
When is the next person gonna get inducted?

Alex Posted - 01/01/2010 : 09:18:17
Happy January 1st everyone! Hope you all had a great evening last night and an even better hangover this morning . Been a crazy week for hockey with the Olympic announcements, World Juniors and today the Winter Classic. What a time to be a hockey fan!

Anyways, amidst the excitement I almost forgot that the 6th term of our Hall of Fame ends today, leaving me with the very humbling duty of announcing myself as the extremely narrow winner of this term's voting. It's a genuinely humbling honour which I hope I can live up to!

So after six terms, or a year and a half, here is what the HOF looks like now:

Alex - Inducted January 1st 2010

Here are the candidates for the seventh term. My list is slightly outdated, I'm pretty sure I included all the guys that have met the criteria since I first compiled this list, but if you think I missed you please let me know! (Criteria: Member >2 years, >500 posts.)

Mikhailova
Axey
1 Crosby Fan
Canucks Man
semin-rules
Kashmire
IHATECROSBY
oil-country
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
leafsfan_101
jbraiter
tctitans
Patchy
Buddyno2000
PainTrain
andyhack
OILINONTARIO
Leafs Rock Planet
Fly4aPuckGuy
99pickles
Pasty7
Leafsfan_94
nashvillepreds
Antroman
slozo
Irvine

E-mail your votes to me and enjoy your January firsts everyone!
Alex116 Posted - 12/16/2009 : 17:38:00
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

I vote myself for the PickUpHockey's most hated Hall of Fame

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP

Well, small consolation, but you wouldn't get my vote

I'll just keep it to myself though, i wouldn't wanna stir the pot up....
hanley6 Posted - 12/16/2009 : 11:31:58
I vote myself for the PickUpHockey's most hated Hall of Fame

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
phlyguy90 Posted - 12/16/2009 : 11:14:14
howbout phlyguy90? lol
bablaboushka Posted - 12/16/2009 : 10:23:34
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Without further ado I proudly give you our newest member of the Pickup Hockey Hall of Fame - Bablaboushka!

He campaigned for votes and never really looked back from there. 'Atta boy, Babs! This has been the most lopsided turnout in Hall of Fame history.

I'll try to get the new list of candidates by the end of the weekend. All the best, congrats again to Bablaboushka!

Mickey29 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 04:18:46
brentrock2 Posted - 10/04/2009 : 17:20:24
I've been starting to be posting for the last 2 months or so but I stopped for 5 months before so that why I only have 0.75 posts per day. I'd say my average is 3 posts per day.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Alex Posted - 10/04/2009 : 17:14:12
Just to reiterate:
Criteria for nomination:
-Member for at least two years (ensures they are a recognized personality on this website)
-Minimum of 500 posts (ensures they have been here a reasonable amount of time)
-Average of 6 posts per day or less (ensures they aren’t a ‘posting-maniac’) - Quality over Quantity please.

So you're getting there boys but not quite eligible yet.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/02/2009 : 13:06:05
I know I shouldnt be there and thats because we havent the post count of the other candidates for PKH HOF plus, I doubt we have been a part of the community for more than 3 years. Of course over half my posts were submitted as guest poster so my numbers are somewhat skewed.
PhillyFan12 Posted - 10/02/2009 : 12:10:24
same i'm not sure if i should be there.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
brentrock2 Posted - 10/02/2009 : 11:58:16
I'm not sure if I should be there??

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Alex Posted - 10/02/2009 : 10:46:14
So to sum things up once again, here is your PickUpHockey Hall of Fame through five terms - a year and a quarter - of voting.

And I now proudly present to you the candidates for the sixth term, to be inducted January 1st 2010 (alphabetical order):

1 Crosby Fan
99pickles
Alex
andyhack
Antroman
Buddyno2000
Canucks Man
Fly4aPuckGuy
IHATECROSBY
jbraiter
Kashmire
Leafs Rock Planet
leafsfan_101
Leafsfan_94
nashvillepreds
oil-country
OILINONTARIO
PainTrain
Pasty7
Patchy
PuckNuts
Saku Steen
semin-rules
slozo
tctitans

Feel free to message me if I missed anyone, but I think that's a pretty comprehensive list.

Tootles!
Alex Posted - 09/30/2009 : 14:28:32
Without further ado I proudly give you our newest member of the Pickup Hockey Hall of Fame - Bablaboushka!

He campaigned for votes and never really looked back from there. 'Atta boy, Babs! This has been the most lopsided turnout in Hall of Fame history.

I'll try to get the new list of candidates by the end of the weekend. All the best, congrats again to Babaloushka!
leigh Posted - 08/17/2009 : 21:29:38
Actually I think "Mikhailova" was the first to 1000/1500/2000/2500 posts...just a technicality, Babs has my vote regardless...even if he doesn't want to come back and play.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 08/16/2009 : 19:28:55
quote:

Babs, I think you are the GOAT.

PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!

(Chant with me people)

It's kinda like Orr or Gretzky. There is no wait for someone with that much talent. They get inducted immediately.

I agree 100%. PUT HIM IN, PUT HIM IN, PUT HIM IN!
bablaboushka Posted - 08/16/2009 : 18:56:24
quote:

PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!

(Chant with me people)

It's kinda like Orr or Gretzky. There is no wait for someone with that much talent. They get inducted immediately.

Aww Beans, you're making me blush.
Beans15 Posted - 07/16/2009 : 13:39:59

PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!

(Chant with me people)

bablaboushka Posted - 07/16/2009 : 11:40:57
I'll stop littering this thread very soon... But I just wanted to add:

As a general HOF rule, anyone who was part of (or hell even remembers) the GOAT draft should automatically be inducted.

I see Beans is still here, he knows what I mean!
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/16/2009 : 11:23:10
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Haha sorry Alex I didn't mean to mess up your system... I'm just a member who was (I think, leigh or the Admin would have to confirm) the first non-leigh-or-Admin mod of the forums and I used to contribute here a lot (heck, look at my number of posts haha). I was the first member to 1000 posts and I think 1500 and maybe 2000 also. It's been a while though... I definitely did not technologically "build" these forums so much as I just contributed a lot to them when contribution seemed to be at a low point.
Alex, nice to see you're obviously contributing a great deal to these forums. And you're only 14? Sheesh. Keep it going, I'm sure the Admin loves it.
For all other members: respect the mods and admins, period. They put a great deal of time into making sure the site is fun, inviting, informative and addictive.

I still vote Babs! haha

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
bablaboushka Posted - 07/16/2009 : 11:18:33
Haha sorry Alex I didn't mean to mess up your system... I'm just a member who was (I think, leigh or the Admin would have to confirm) the first non-leigh-or-Admin mod of the forums and I used to contribute here a lot (heck, look at my number of posts haha). I was the first member to 1000 posts and I think 1500 and maybe 2000 also. It's been a while though... I definitely did not technologically "build" these forums so much as I just contributed a lot to them when contribution seemed to be at a low point.
Alex, nice to see you're obviously contributing a great deal to these forums. And you're only 14? Sheesh. Keep it going, I'm sure the Admin loves it.
For all other members: respect the mods and admins, period. They put a great deal of time into making sure the site is fun, inviting, informative and addictive.
Alex Posted - 07/15/2009 : 18:06:28
Nice to see some campaigning guys. Maybe a run for office one of these days? Ignatieff, Layton and Duceppe are all (should be) on their way out. I guess you can guess where my political allegiance lies!

In all seriousness, one of the founding principles of the HOF was that it would not turn into a popularity contest, rather, it is meant to be a simple way to acknowledge those who have contributed a lot to this website. Under normal circumstances I would disapprove of the precedent set by Babs, except for a few things:

1) I'm 14. I don't have that right.
2) More importantly, he said something valuable, which apparently wasn't well known... Babs built these forums. I'm not tech savvy so I honestly do not know what that means, but obviously the voters do because votes have been flooding my inbox for him since he dropped that message. What he said was relevant and made a difference, so good on him.

Guys, if you want to ''campaign'', be my guest, but please do it within reason. A simple three line bio on what you feel is your unique contribution to the website is fine, and it's actually fun to read what we all bring to keep this baby running. But please, let's not make this silly.

Thanks!
brentrock2 Posted - 07/15/2009 : 17:29:16
uhh... I should vote for uhhh.... Beans and next I would vote for Admin.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Pasty7 Posted - 07/15/2009 : 17:01:46
vote for pedro.... uhh i mean Pasty

Pasty

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page