Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 a big move coming?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sharksfan44 Posted - 08/28/2009 : 12:43:09
ok, news coming out of san jose today says that the san jose sharks have traded defenseman christian erhoff and brad lukowich to the vancouver canucks for prospects daniel rahimi and patrick white. not a very even trade if u ask me. here is a link with the trade
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=289113

This is obviously a trade made by the sharks to clear up some cap space. the sharks have shown interest this offsesaon in the senators dany heatley and the bruins phil kessel. they had reportedly offered a trade to the senators for heatley but they needed a third team to help with the trade because of cap issues in san jose. now that the sharks have significantly cleared cap space with this trade with vancouver, they now would have the cap space to complete a trade for heatley or kessel. Is this trade a sign of bigger trades to happen with san jose? i would like to think so.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 09/01/2009 : 07:44:07
Beans, agreed....you get the Vancouver Province newspaper in Edmonton? That's pretty much what one guy wrote in yesterdays paper, that there's no way Gillis will have half his cap invested in 4 guys (Sedins, Luongo and Heatley).

As for Luongo, they're saying in today's paper that it's a done deal and perhaps are awaiting Gillis' return from a fishing trip to announce it? Rumour is, 10 years 55-60 million? Seems like a good deal for the Canucks if they got him for 6 or less per year? Again, just a rumour, and that one was on the radio.
Beans15 Posted - 08/31/2009 : 23:39:07
Ottawa doesn't need depth in goal. Leclaire and Elliot are as good as most 1-2 punches in the league and there is no way that Schnieder is a step up on Elliot. Bieksa isn't good enough to be the biggest name in the Heatley Deal. Heatley also has to agree with playing there. And, let's not forget $7.5 million a season for Heatley. If Luongo resigns, he will be getting around $7 million per season. The Sedins, Luongo, and Heatley would account for over $26 million is salaries per year. It's just not going to happen.
Guest4803 Posted - 08/31/2009 : 19:49:01
Erhoff was a big piece of the deal that the sharks were offering for Heatley, cheecho was the problem in that situation. The canucks are definetly not finished making moves this offseason they are $1.9 over the cap. If luongo resigns like we are hearing hes going to before training camp the canucks could be in the sweepstakes for Heatley. They no longer would need Cory Schneider, so the could package him with Bieksa Demitra if ottawa would take him (makes to much just like cheechoo) and a few picks. Im sure ottawa would love to have bieksa and some depth in goal.
Alex116 Posted - 08/31/2009 : 10:41:25
quote:
Originally posted by just1n

Vancouver is now over the cap so I don't think Gillis is quite done yet either...

Yeah, he's def gotta make another move and has stated they'll be in cap range by the deadline. Will be interesting to see what he does. Does he send a d-man to the farm and keep the depth or perhaps one of them, or more, is on the way out?
just1n Posted - 08/31/2009 : 10:14:56
Vancouver is now over the cap so I don't think Gillis is quite done yet either...
Alex116 Posted - 08/31/2009 : 08:34:53
Came home from Whistler to hear of this trade. Was pleasantly surprised and i too will be watching to see what happens with the depth here on d. Maybe Gillis is anticipating Salo playing only half the games like he normally does?

If i were a Sharks fan, i'd LOVE Heatley lining up next to Joe! I'd take him over Kessel any day! There's only a few guys with the talent and skill set of Heatley and being that the Sharks are close, he could put them over the top. Yeah, you might have to worry after he's appeared to be a little selfish, but i'd say he's well worth the risk!
sharksfan44 Posted - 08/30/2009 : 15:16:07
good point. derek joslin hasn't gotten the position yet. in an interview with doug wilson he said that it will be a battle for the last spot on defense between joslin,brown and petrecki. these three are all very goood young players, but i think it will come down to joslin vs petrecki.

because of this deal doug wilson now has some flexibility. he can go after some free agents that are still out there, he can go for a big deal for somebody like heatley, and have the room to do that. he can wait for the tade deadline and get someone there. and like u said gostars12, they can re-sin guys like marleau who are set to become free agents next year.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 08/30/2009 : 13:27:13
Im was more interested in what Vancouvers going to do considering that this Trade sure gives Vancouver alot of depth on D now with Mitchell, Salo, Edler, Bieksa, Erhoff, Lukowich, Scheinder, and O Brien. The odd men out to me looks like O Brien and Lukowich. But with Vancouver who always have a knack for having dmen get injured depth doesnt hurt.

For San Jose this deal clears up 4.6 million. Im sure Doug Wilson didnt want to deal away Erhoff but thats what happens when you overpay Huskins and Nichol and in my mind. Looks like Joslin will take over for Erhoff which isnt bad Derek Joslin will be a good Dman. Even if Doug murray doesnt go out and get heatley this team is still good considering Pavelski, Clowe, Mitchell, and Setoguchi will continue to improve. The money can also be used to re sign Marleau when he becomes a free agent.
sharksfan44 Posted - 08/28/2009 : 13:12:49
i agree with u on that. i would much rather have kessel then heatley. but, at this point im kinda desperate for a big move. san jose needs to shake things up a bit more, this trade today shaked things up, but now they need a bigger one, any big move made would make me happy
50brent Posted - 08/28/2009 : 13:06:38
ok.................GIVE UP ON HEATLEY!!!! He is a self centered player and is a big prick, what if the sharks do grab him maybe he does good maybe he sucks, if he sucks do you no what hes gonna do? Hell screw u up the ass like he did to ottawa. The sharks would be a lot better going with kessel.
sharksfan44 Posted - 08/28/2009 : 13:02:28
ya, if i was doug wilson, i would'nt have traded erhoff. he's young and he's only going to get better. i dont mind so much that we traded away lukowich, he was hurt alot and didnt do much. about trading cheechoo though, u gotta remember that he was part of that package that would have been sent to ottawa for heatley, so they still may use him as trade bait for a future trade.
50brent Posted - 08/28/2009 : 12:56:07
the sharks arent makin much sense to me if they wanna clear cap space they should have tried to trade cheechoo, and i dont c them getting heatley but i do c a future for kessel in san jose
sharksfan44 Posted - 08/28/2009 : 12:47:27
when i first heard this trade i was like, doug wilson what r u doing. but then i read that article, and when i read that doug wilson said this was to clear cap space i immediately thought, big trade. i really hope san jose does something because we've lost more guys then we've gained, and with the team we have right now i really dont see us winnin this year.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page