Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 kessel

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 14:50:25
well apparently kessel is no longer interested in negotiating with the boston bruins. apparently kessel's main priority is to sign an offer sheet with one of the other 29 teams. the leafs, preds and rangers are all rumoured to b interested

here's a link with the report
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290631
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/18/2009 : 15:55:45
well tsn.ca is saying that kessel is basically a leaf. they're apparently just putting the final touches on a trade that would send kessel to toronto. heres a link with the report

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601
Leafs81 Posted - 09/13/2009 : 11:39:42
I'm glad Heatley is now in the western conference and I can't wait to see him play with Joe Thornton. Good trade for the Sharks IMO. And don't worry about it, I was just wondering who dump some salary.
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/13/2009 : 06:28:53
ya i knew that both their contracts combined was more than heatleys alone. i was just doing the math off the top of my head and i estimated it was about .5 mil. but i guess its .250 mil, thanks leafs81. sorry that i didnt mention that both their contracts are a bit more than 4 and 3 mil, i just didnt know the exact number and i was too lazy to check lol
Leafs81 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:03:58
Ok I just checked. Cheechoo and Michalek combine together makes 7.750 millions. So San Jose actually gained .250 in cap space.

Interresting.

I guess Ottawa really had no choice.
Leafs81 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 20:57:45
How does Michalek plus Cheechoo (7 millions) taken off the salary cap and 7.5 millions of Heatley added to the salary cap, make San Jose have .5 million more to spend on the cap hit?????
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 14:07:42
ok, this is more of a dream and i no this probably won't happen but here goes,

after the heatley trade san jose took on his contract which is about 7.5 mil a year. michalek gets paid 4 mil a year and cheechoo gets 3 mil a year. so wen u add it up those two contracts, the sharks actually dumped .5 mil in salary cap with this trade. san jose had 4 mil in cap space before this trade even happened.

now phil kessel is looking for a contract that would pay him 4-5 mil a year. so the sharks could actually sign him to a one year deal and still fit it in their salary cap. I say y not. the sharks only care about one thing and thats winning the stanley cup. if we signed kessel, could u imagine. the sharks would b unstoppable, its worth a shot.
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:39:31
apparently the leafs are the frontrunners in the phil kessel sweepstakes

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290712
sharksfan44 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 15:59:33
ya not much of a loss for kessel if he came to san jose and played with big joe. i dont't think it's a cap thing because of the trade san jose made with vancouver. I believe that trade cleared up nearly 4.3 million in cap space. And of course kessel is looking for a deal that would pay him 4-5 mil a year. so, the sharks could possibly sign him for a one year deal, which would eat up the rest of that cap space. So i wouldn't count out the possibility of kessel winding up in san jose. i have heard rumours that the sharks had shown interest but in the article that i posted the link for, it didn't mention them.

Also just today i was reading a blog on hockeyanalysis.com that mentioned another trade rumour about the sharks and heatley. Of course this is only a rumour. so the trade is:
to san jose - dany heatley
to las angeles - patrick marleau
to ottawa - alexander frolov and jarett stoll

hers a link to this blog
http://sharks.hockeyanalysis.com/2009/09/10/rookie-sweep-more-marleau-rumors-and-adding-a-dandenault/#respond

the thing on marleau is the third paragraph.

so if there is any truth to this trade then obviously the sharks still have some interest in heatley. the only thing about that trade is marleau would have to waive his no trade clause which he said in an interview he had no interest in doing so.

if marleau doesn't waive his NTC and no other trade possibilities come up then im sure the sharks would target kessel and try to sign him.

Alex116 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 15:31:57
Are the Sharks out of the running officially? If so, is it a cap space thing, or do you think they're still trying to figure out a way to get Heatley? He'd look awfully scary on Joe's wing. Then again, wouldn't Kessel be loving life if he made it there? Lose Savard as your center and gain Joe Thornton?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page