Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Suggestions
 Should the flames retire Theoren Fleury's #14 ?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brentrock2 Posted - 10/05/2009 : 05:05:54
Simple poll, do you think the flames will retire his #14.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sharksfan44 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 19:12:23
wow almost 300 less games played for fleury compared to linden yet still beats him in points by a good 200 points. about 100 more goals too. also he has 1000 more penalty minutes which means less time on ice so the fact that he has 200 more points than linden is pretty good.

redneck76ca Posted - 10/08/2009 : 18:19:27

GP Goals Assists Points +/- PIMS
Theo 1084 455 633 1088 +145 1840

Linden 1382 375 492 867 -64 895

Just for a stats comparison.
redneck76ca Posted - 10/08/2009 : 18:14:10
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by Guest7401

Retire Theoren Fleury's jersey ? please, this should be saved for outstanding achievement only. He's not quite there.

All I can say is either you dont know, or your standards are too high. When are else looked grim on the Calgary Flames, Theo was a point producing Phenom for Calgary. He the only reason half of the fans came to the games. Even I cheered for the Flames as underdogs.

If Linden is worthy for the Canucks then Theo is worthy for the Flames IMHO.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/08/2009 : 15:48:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7401

Retire Theoren Fleury's jersey ? please, this should be saved for outstanding achievement only. He's not quite there.

All I can say is either you dont know, or your standards are too high. When are else looked grim on the Calgary Flames, Theo was a point producing Phenom for Calgary. He the only reason half of the fans came to the games. Even I cheered for the Flames as underdogs.
fanoleaf Posted - 10/08/2009 : 11:12:59
I don't necessarily think that his number should be retired. Arguably one of the best players in Flames history. His number IMO will definitely be lifted to the rafters and honoured. Retired? well its is possible.

Guest0550 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 23:45:21
The Flames WILL retire Fleury's #14. It was his play that kept the Flames IN Calgary during the bad years in the mid to late 90's. Really at that time he was the inspiration for all the struggling teams in Canada. The little guy who could do it. Facing the American dollar and many losing seasons, Calgary owes it to Theo.
Guest7401 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:12:17
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/07/2009 : 09:56:52
Abso"fricken"lootly. Prior to the Iginla era, Fleury was the heart and soul of the flames and the fact that he is now #2 in points to Iginla without any of Iginla's physical gifts, is telling of how much this little big man did for the Flames.

I am assuming anyone reading this column actually seen Fleury play for the Flames or the Olympics. Forget the alcohol for a second here, this guy is most definitly an unbelievable overachiever. He should never have stood out in a crowd, but ended up being a cut above player wise, while a member of the flames.
Axey Posted - 10/05/2009 : 09:45:09
Yes I believe so, he was a star on the team for years. Brought a cup home and one of the franchise's leading scorers.
brentrock2 Posted - 10/05/2009 : 05:11:11
I would say Yes because he is a great hockey player and in 1990-91 he had a total of 104 points with the flames. They should retire his jersey.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page