Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Detroit
 Franzen is hurtzen!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/10/2009 : 09:14:08
How badly will Franzen's injury hurt Detroit, considering he will miss at least 4 months?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 12/05/2009 : 11:15:14
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8369

Although I agree with you and my earlier point, the fact that they are still in the picture with all the setbacks this year has brought, is interesting. Insert top ten goalie on that team and a return of injured stars and Detroit rides into the playoff's. Question who is top ten Goalie that Detroit can afford?

Sorry last post was mine.
Guest8369 Posted - 12/05/2009 : 11:13:53
Although I agree with you and my earlier point, the fact that they are still in the picture with all the setbacks this year has brought is interesting. Insert top ten goalie on that team and a return of injured stars and Detroit rides into the playoff's. Question who is top ten Goalie that Detroit can afford?
n/a Posted - 10/11/2009 : 05:16:05
JoshuaCanada - I am on the verge of agreeing with you . . . no Hossa, no Franzen, means no great second line threat. At least, not like before.

Detroit is still a good team, but they are only one or two injuries away from becoming another "also-ran" team this year . . . especially with the spotty play of Osgood. Bertuzzi found himself back on a top line again for the first time since Vancouver, and they did well by playing smart defensive hockey.

This still have a great D, with a very good first line pair. Is it enough to still be considered a cup threat at this moment? Probably not . . . and we'll see where Detroit is at with injuries once Franzen is back. Old teams usually have injury problems . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/10/2009 : 14:24:41
As strong offensively as Detroit was last year they should be ok. But this is not last year! There have been too many losses. I say Detroit falls out of Central contention and is now a mid pack team fighting for the last 2 playoff spots. Now the opposition clearly can focus on the top line defensively. There are nowhere near as many threats throughout the lineup as last year.
Alex116 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 12:06:28
They will miss him, but let's face it, it's Detroit. If ANY team can afford to lose a guy like this (not one of their top 3), it's Detroit. Surely one of the others will step up and at least put up some of the Mule's missing goals....
Beans15 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 09:55:35
I think Franzen was depended upon to take up the minutes and the production of Mr. Hossa. With Franzen hurt for that length, that leaves less scoring and really only Zetterberg and Datsuyk as any kind of consistancy. Bertuzzi, Cleary, Filppula and Lieno better step up.

4 months with Franzen is about 25ish goals that Detroit has to find elsewhere. It could be interesting.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page