Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Crosby Dominating!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 11/10/2009 : 20:15:12
Just kidding, he's pointless in 5. Lol.

Pens 0-23 on the PP since Malkin went down.... If I recall when Crosby was injured for the only significant stretch of his career Malkin stepped up and carried the team almost by himself. Now Sid is handed the same chance and the team is struggling almost as much as he is. I think this pretty much settles that he's at best the third best player in the league.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 12:08:36
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Were the Oilers a better team without Gretzky??? Absolutely not. Did that mean that Messier was not a superstar??? Absolutely not.

Crosby is not the flash of the Pitt team, that is for sure. But take nothing away from him, he is still one of the top 5 players in the league today.

Beans, very well said. I still think most would pick him top three if picking a team right now and most prob did so in their hockey pools as well.

Joshua....you are correct about great players rising to the occasion regardless of linemates. However, great players are also human and do have slumps as well. I'm sure we'll see Crosby up in the top scoring by seasons end providing he remains healthy.
Beans15 Posted - 11/19/2009 : 10:58:28
Were the Oilers a better team without Gretzky??? Absolutely not. Did that mean that Messier was not a superstar??? Absolutely not.

Crosby is not the flash of the Pitt team, that is for sure. But take nothing away from him, he is still one of the top 5 players in the league today.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/19/2009 : 10:46:02
Great players rise to the occasion regardless of who there linemates are. Think about Kovi in Atlanta, Doan in Pheonix, Kessel in Toronto (this guy is making me a believer) Crosby is either playing hurt as suggested or the true superstars are out of the lineup.
Guest4623 Posted - 11/12/2009 : 15:16:03
you are talking about a team that is also missing, talbot, gonchar,and letang. Malkin is not the only player missing. it is an injured team that is stuggling. of course they will be better when malkin is back. how could they not be? but do u honestly thing crosby and the pens pp would be struggling this much if say gonchar was there to quarterback it? I dont think so.

a slump or a hot streak does not define being a top player in the game. it is overall consistency. and if u dont think crosby is consistently at the top of the pack. Then i have no idea what u are watching
Alex116 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 10:48:54
While i don't agree that this "settles" anything, especially who's the best, second best or third best in the league, the OP does bring up a good point. Yeah, very well could be a co-incidence, especially seeing as they usually only play together on PP, but still, not a single point?

I'm the furthest thing from a Crosby basher as you'd be able to see if you read my other posts regarding him, but this is a bad time for him to struggle. Perhaps he's playing through an injury? Just a thought?
Leafs81 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 08:59:39
Well Gonchar is also injured.

Last year when Gonchar was hurt, Crosby AND Malkin were healthy and the Pens were not doing great.

And I believe Letang also went down, and Goligoski is playing with the flu. So yeah that would hurt your powerplay.
umteman Posted - 11/11/2009 : 07:34:17
I for one am not hitting the panic button. Over the course of an eighty-two game season even good teams go through their ups and downs. Besides, the 5 games is the longest pointless streak of Crosby's career. Malkin will return and Sid will return to form.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Guest7390 Posted - 11/11/2009 : 05:27:34
quote:
the team is struggling

I didn't know that being tied for 1st in the East was stuggling...
n/a Posted - 11/11/2009 : 04:40:11
I have to agree with Fat Elvis - this is a disappointing and rather boring topic, no? You started out with some insightful and well-reasoned comments in the other threads . . .

It's 5 games, dude.

(I really, really had to restrain myself from a phallic joke here! Please note my extreme restraint . . . )

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
M-y-K-E-A-l Posted - 11/11/2009 : 02:02:41
Well I don't hate Crosby, but he kinda has a point here, when Crosby went down Malkin carried the team. Now Crosby doesn't look so hot, hopefully Malkin is just a couple games away and he can get back and get me some points in my pool.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 11/10/2009 : 20:31:58
How insightful of you....

Nice to see something that hasn't been discussed brought up.

(yawn).

Hugh G. Re...something.

Is this actually I HATE CROSBY arisen with a new name and a fascination with all things phallic?..hmmm I wonder....

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page