Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 NHL Games?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brentrock2 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 13:51:56
How much real NHL games have you been to in real life?

brentrock2
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
youpifan27 Posted - 12/14/2009 : 15:34:09
Ive been to 2 games. But i wish i could go to more and later on in the season im going to see a habs game cant wait. Wish i could go sooner though. Hopefully there will be a couple of fights and maybe even 1 from laraque he rocks
Leafs81 Posted - 12/13/2009 : 08:20:20
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Leafs81, where in NB are you?

Irvine

I'm from Petit-Rocher but now I live in Moncton. I absolutly love this city.
irvine Posted - 12/12/2009 : 18:59:25
Leafs81, where in NB are you?

Irvine
willus3 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 18:48:23
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Brentrock, can you please try really hard to pay attention to where you place your posts. This is a user poll and therefore belongs in the User Polls section. I have moved it for you as you had posted it in the Hockey Pools and Fantasy section. Thanks.

Excuse me Willus. I have nothing to do with this, this is my first time seeing this poll and I did NOT make this poll, it was PhillyFan12. So talk to Phillyfan about it.

HABS RULE!!

brentrock2

It's posted under your name. Regardless, the reminder goes out to everyone to please help keep the boards organized by posting the the appropriate sections. Thank you.
brentrock2 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 18:00:34
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Brentrock, can you please try really hard to pay attention to where you place your posts. This is a user poll and therefore belongs in the User Polls section. I have moved it for you as you had posted it in the Hockey Pools and Fantasy section. Thanks.

Excuse me Willus. I have nothing to do with this, this is my first time seeing this poll and I did NOT make this poll, it was PhillyFan12. So talk to Phillyfan about it.

HABS RULE!!

brentrock2
willus3 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 17:17:12
Canucks Man Posted - 12/12/2009 : 16:04:57
quote:
Originally posted by PhillyFan12

Canucks man, what canucks game are you going to see and wow you must go to alot of game.Like 5 per month.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!

Not quite 5 per month, 2 in October and 2 in November, I'm going to the capitals game next week and I don't no when ill get to another, I usually just get told by My dad when I can go.
Also the one game I no I will remember forever was game 1 of last season, Luc Bourdon night. It was probably the only time everyone in that arena was fighting back tears, it was a great ceremony.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PhillyFan12 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 10:40:59
Canucks man, what canucks game are you going to see and wow you must go to alot of game.Like 5 per month.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
PhillyFan12 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 10:55:46
I only went to 1 NHL game, it was monday. Flyers vs Habs.Sadly habs won. But i'm pissed because i made this poll and i forgot to log off my brothers acc. and now it posted as his acc.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Canucks Man Posted - 12/09/2009 : 21:16:54
Alex116 I was at Lindens last game as well, probably the loudest the building has been when they weren't even making the playoffs, and it was a blow out. I remember cheering when Iginla got his 50th goal that night and some women behind me got angry, I said thats one of the "best" people playing hockey right now and he just achieved an amazing feat, later when he stayed to shake Lindens hand he proved it to everyone there.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Porkchop73 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 15:55:23
I have also been to countless games. First game I went to was in 83, Wings and Leafs with my grandfather.

Have had many memorable games but the most memorable game was 93 playoffs and Gilmours goal on Joseph. My seat was in the corner to the left of the net.

In 91, fresh out of high school, myself and 2 buddies travelled to every NHL arena and were able to catch a game in each city. It took us two and half months on the road, and close to $2500 each to make it work but we did it.

I have countless stories about going to games, I have watched the Wings win 2 of their cups. Watched Dallas with the cup on Brett Hulls "in the crease" goal. Was in Calgary when Gilmour was injured on his first shift back as Leaf and his last game ever. One of my favourites was the "flu game" in Ottawa when the Leafs came back from 5-0 to win, and players were dropping like flies with the flu leaving only 2 or 3 players on the bench.
Those were just some of my memories of games I have been to.

I consider myself fortunate to be able to go to as many games as I do.

Leafs81 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 14:33:11
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Beans.....Epic story of the girlfriend and the giant! Love it!

As for me, been to countless 'Nucks games over the years including some playoff games. Usually get to at least 5-6 per year (been twice so far this year) and rarely have to pay. Couple of my suppliers (i'm in construction, not the drug trade) usually get me to a game or two each year as does my insurance agent. The ones with the suppliers are often in luxury boxes with food and drinks included. Pretty sweet.

Couple memorable moments deal with a buddy of mine who tried to start a tradition here (like the octopus in Det) by chucking a salmon onto the ice. Started way back at the old Pacific Coloseum and continued briefly at GM Place. Openning night vs Detroit, he chucks it from behind the net in the dying seconds and it nearly lands on Mike Vernon's head/back! He found out from a buddy in security that if they caught him, they were gonna charge him and he therefore stopped doing it. With all the new security checks, it's likely he'd have had a difficult time smuggling a whole salmon in anyway!

Another memorable one, Linden's last game even though they were blown out by the Flames. Bad game, but the fans didn't care at that point. They were there to honor Linden. Top it off with one of the classiest moves ever, Iginla waiting for a chance to shake Linden's hand and in doing so, quietly convincing his teammates to do the same. To see half the Calgary team heading towards the dressing room (down the tunnel) and turning around when word spread of what was going on just shows you the respect he (Iggy) commands! . Iginla = CLASS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YS7VAs7Iw (skip to 4:45)

Also seen Habs/Flames on New Years eve at the Saddledome (way back in the early 90's). Followed that up a couple nights later, Flyers and Eric Lindros vs Oilers at what was called Northlands. Even been to a Habs / Caps game in DC a few years ago.

Great story about Iginla and Linden. I truly hope Iginla is the captain of team Canada.
Leafs81 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 14:18:28
I live in NB so the closest teams are Boston 9 hours drive and Montreal 10 hours drive. But every year me and my friends are making a road trip to try and visit all 30 arenas. So far we visited Montreal (3 times) Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Boston, New York R, New Jersey, New York I and Washington.

And this year we have a trip planned to go visit Buffalo (dec 19) and Toronto (dec 21).

This is a pretty sweet project, it gives us the chance to visit beautiful cities. Plus I saw some pretty cool NHL moments in those games.
I saw Toronto winning in OT against Montreal.
In Philly, the Flyers won in OT.
In Pittsburgh, it was the night they announced to the crowd that they were keeping the team in Pittsburgh. And I also saw Brodeur breaking the record for most seasons with 40 wins, and he did it in a shoutout.
In New Jersey, Brodeur recorded his 100 career shutout against the Flyers.
I met Ian Laperriere in a hotel prior to the Islanders game (Colorado were in town)

And on the bad luck side of things. Ovechkin injured himself in the practise the morning and sat out for the game we went to see. :(
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 12/09/2009 : 08:06:55
been going to leaf games about 4-5 times a year since i was about 8 years old. My first game ever was Leafs vs Jets in March of 95.

My first playoff game was the same year, leafs vs blackhawks.

I went to the Doug Gilmour banner ceremony, I saw Joe Nieuwendyk pot 2 softies on Patty Lalime during game 7 of the 04 quarter finals. I was at Mats Sundins 4 goal 2 assist performace against the panthers in 06.

I was also at Gretzkys last game at Maple Leaf Gardens, the rangers spanked us 7-2 or something like that.

Ive also been to 3 games in buffalo and 1 in montreal.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Alex116 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 23:40:25
Beans.....Epic story of the girlfriend and the giant! Love it!

As for me, been to countless 'Nucks games over the years including some playoff games. Usually get to at least 5-6 per year (been twice so far this year) and rarely have to pay. Couple of my suppliers (i'm in construction, not the drug trade) usually get me to a game or two each year as does my insurance agent. The ones with the suppliers are often in luxury boxes with food and drinks included. Pretty sweet.

Couple memorable moments deal with a buddy of mine who tried to start a tradition here (like the octopus in Det) by chucking a salmon onto the ice. Started way back at the old Pacific Coloseum and continued briefly at GM Place. Openning night vs Detroit, he chucks it from behind the net in the dying seconds and it nearly lands on Mike Vernon's head/back! He found out from a buddy in security that if they caught him, they were gonna charge him and he therefore stopped doing it. With all the new security checks, it's likely he'd have had a difficult time smuggling a whole salmon in anyway!

Another memorable one, Linden's last game even though they were blown out by the Flames. Bad game, but the fans didn't care at that point. They were there to honor Linden. Top it off with one of the classiest moves ever, Iginla waiting for a chance to shake Linden's hand and in doing so, quietly convincing his teammates to do the same. To see half the Calgary team heading towards the dressing room (down the tunnel) and turning around when word spread of what was going on just shows you the respect he (Iggy) commands! . Iginla = CLASS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YS7VAs7Iw (skip to 4:45)

Also seen Habs/Flames on New Years eve at the Saddledome (way back in the early 90's). Followed that up a couple nights later, Flyers and Eric Lindros vs Oilers at what was called Northlands. Even been to a Habs / Caps game in DC a few years ago.
Guest9124 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 23:33:32
I live in Ottawa but I'm a Canadiens fan...Went twice to see the habs in Mtl and 3 times were given tickets to go see Ottawa, would never pay for that crap though, unless Mtl is in town.
Tiller33 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 20:03:13
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

Not enough games...about 6 (I think I voted 5...oops). Firstly because the Leafs rarely make it to Alberta and secondly cause the Leafs rarely make it to Alberta. Oh and when they do make it here it is nearly impossible to get tickets.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."

Try living here and having to shell out the cash for tixs here, mainly just try to sponge of people with ticket hook ups.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
redneck76ca Posted - 12/08/2009 : 19:03:20
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Countless.

First live Game - 1986 - Oilers vs Winnipeg Jets. Moog let in a goal late in the 3rd period for the Oilers to lose 2-1.

Most Memorable Image - 1991 Oilers home opener, not a light on in Rexall (back then it was Northland Coliseum), then one spot light fires up and there is Messier at the end of the rink with Lord Stanley's Mug over his head.

Best Time - Girlfriend at the time was 5 beers in and was cheering at a playoff game after the Oilers scored. Spilled nearly her entire beer on the guy in front of us. Guy turns around and stands up, has to be about 6'4" and 225. Looks at her and holds up his hand for a high 5! Brilliant.

I've been to many games as well. I've had the luxury of living in Vancouver and working at a bar for the last 13 years. Lots of comps.

First live game: 1997, Habs Vs Canucks

Best Moment: Game 7 vs St. Louis in 2003. Atmosphere was electric. Bertuzzi ploughed through Jackman right in front of us and we knew the game was on.

Beans15 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 16:50:46
Countless.

First live Game - 1986 - Oilers vs Winnipeg Jets. Moog let in a goal late in the 3rd period for the Oilers to lose 2-1.

Most Memorable Image - 1991 Oilers home opener, not a light on in Rexall (back then it was Northland Coliseum), then one spot light fires up and there is Messier at the end of the rink with Lord Stanley's Mug over his head.

Best Time - Girlfriend at the time was 5 beers in and was cheering at a playoff game after the Oilers scored. Spilled nearly her entire beer on the guy in front of us. Guy turns around and stands up, has to be about 6'4" and 225. Looks at her and holds up his hand for a high 5! Brilliant.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 12/08/2009 : 16:10:18
I've been to a lot of Oilers games, although this year I've only been to 3

Got to see them play Dallas, Detroit, Pheonix. Oilers won each time. Clearly it's fate telling me I need to go to more.

I also have a picture of me at a Habs game (I was 4) and I went to a Leafs game when I was 6.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
sharksfan44 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 15:11:05
only three, toronto vs habs, toronto vs rangers and san jose vs detroit in the playoffs (san jose lost by like 5 )
Gusteroni Posted - 12/08/2009 : 15:03:32
Not enough games...about 6 (I think I voted 5...oops). Firstly because the Leafs rarely make it to Alberta and secondly cause the Leafs rarely make it to Alberta. Oh and when they do make it here it is nearly impossible to get tickets.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Canucks Man Posted - 12/08/2009 : 14:22:39
Why did you make the poll twice? I have been to many more than 14 games to answer your questions I have been to 2 ducks home games back when they were mighty, 1 oilers home game, and a lot of Canucks home games, no I don't live in Vancouver, but its just a ferry ride away, the last game I went to was when the beat the oilers 7-3 last saturday. I have been to 4 games so far this year and am going to the capitals game later this month.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PhillyFan12 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 13:56:02
Guys i phillyfan12 forgot to log off of my brothers acc. so it posted as his acc

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page