Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... International Hockey
 Team Russia 2010 - enough to win?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
polishexpress Posted - 01/01/2010 : 15:54:15
Leaving aside the allegations that the Russians may change their team before the Olympics, what do you think of team Russia? Is their offensive threat enough to win?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:09:31
I asked about this in another thread because i recall hearing/reading a month or so ago that the countries could in fact change the players they named right up to the start of the games for ANY reason, not just injuries?

Beans, it does seem strange, all the hoopla to name their squads and then realistically see changes made a month or so from now???
irvine Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:35:17
Beans, that is how I too also understood the rules. That the OFFICIAL roster is not needed to be submitted until Feb. 15th, one day before the tournament begins. Players can be replaced for any reason the GM/Team decides upon. Injury is not the only criteria for a switch.

SO I agree with the Russians here, as this is how I too understand the rules.

Irvine/prez.
irvine Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:33:32
Sorry. I mis-read the initial post. I thought it said "The Russians are said to have allegations of changing the Team NAME"

Misunderstood.

Irvine/prez.
Beans15 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:12:08
The Russian coach, Slava Bykov has made statements that the roster is just a 'provisional roster' list and that if players are not performing prior to the Olympics, he will remove them and add players that he feels fit.

The NHL and the NHLPA have apparently written a letter to the IIHF to clarify the roster rules for the Olympics as they understood the rules to be that only a player will a bonified injury will be able to be replaced.

Supposedly, the IIHF have made a few comments that leads people to believe that the Russian are accurate. A IIHF representaive said the only reason the teams had to be announced early was for the drug testing.

I am a little bit confused as I understood that the IOC is the governing body as it's the Olympics and that only IIHF rules of play apply. But I may be wrong on that.

If the case is that players can be switched for whatever reason, the rosters announced in the past 2 weeks are pointless.

Here's the TSN story.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=24347.html?cid=rsstsn
Guest9973 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:09:01
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

What are the allegations that Russia will change their name before the Olympics? I've never heard of anything, personally.

And, what would they change it to? They are RUSSIA! :P Not Team Belarus.

Irvine/prez.

Here is the website (ESPN NHL): and quote: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olyhockey/news/story?id=4771666
"However, Bykov said the squad named Friday was provisional and he could change players if their performance dropped.

"I wouldn't guarantee a place on the Olympic team to anyone. If my players can't perform up to the standards playing for their respective clubs, then how can I rely on them in Vancouver?" he told reporters after his club Salavat Yulayev Ufa lost 3-2 at home to lowly Severstal in a KHL game on Friday.

By the way, I was referring to changing their ROSTER not name
irvine Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:00:28
What are the allegations that Russia will change their name before the Olympics? I've never heard of anything, personally.

And, what would they change it to? They are RUSSIA! :P Not Team Belarus.

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page