Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... International Hockey
 Heatley/Germany

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 01/03/2010 : 18:05:11
If Heatley had got cut from Canada would he be able to play for Germany?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest7364 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 11:53:17
Look at the Question guys. He didn't ask about dual citizenship. He ask if Danny could play for Germany and the answer is NO..just like Guest4653 already said, "once he has played for one country, he cannot represent another one"

But if he wanted to represent Germany in another sport he could do that, just like Chris Chelios wanted to do for the Italian bob-sled team.
Guest4653 Posted - 01/04/2010 : 18:43:02
There are countries not allowing double citizenship (mostly middle east and asia)..however, like you mentioned, you automatically inherit the citizenship of the country you are born in....and the one from your parents. Only thing is, you have to ask for it. If you are registered in one country, you not automaticaly registered in the other one. Your parents have do to the paper work.

Heatley's Dad is Canadian, he was a hockey player...his Mom is German...He does carry both Citizenships.

quote:
Heatley was born in Germany to Karin and Murray Heatley, who was then playing in a German hockey league. When Murray retired from hockey, the family settled in Calgary, where Dany was raised. Because he was born in Germany and his mother is German, Dany holds a dual Canadian and German citizenship, but plays for the Canadian national team (IIHF rules mandate that a player may not switch countries once he has already competed for one, however, Heatley is eligible to play for the German national team for the World Cup of Hockey as it is a non-IIHF sanctioned event)
irvine Posted - 01/04/2010 : 14:51:05
I'm not familiar with German law/regulations, but i believe in most countries, if you are born there, you are automatically a citizen. no matter your parents nationality.

Thus granted full citizenship. His parents (or father atleast), being Canadian means he also gets Canadian citizenship.

Same if your mother is a full citizen of US, father is a full citizen of Canada. They mate, you're born. You can have dual citizenship. No matter which Country you decide to live in.

Irvine/prez.
Canucks Man Posted - 01/04/2010 : 00:36:13
I don't think Heatley has a German citizinship, he was just born there. His dad was in the military and was stationed over there when he was born, he was technically born in a Canadian hospital, just in Germany. However this is irrelevent has the above guest posted, Healtey has already chosen Canada as his team.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest4653 Posted - 01/03/2010 : 20:06:48
No, once he has played for one country, he cannot represent another one. Most of the players going for the other country is usually because they wouldn"t make team Canada.
irvine Posted - 01/03/2010 : 18:20:13
Yes, I believe he can. As long as he has dual-citizenship, he can play for which ever country he chooses, providing he makes the cut. Which i'm sure the Germans would take him.

Hey, maybe Mikhail Grabovski would join him on the German squad. Mikhail, who has always played for Belarus (Sadly, will miss it now, due to injury most likely) is German born. And could technically play for either team.

Infact, you will often see Canadian born players (non-NHL) playing for teams like Germany and Italy in the World Championships or even the Olympics.

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page