Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Eh! Oh! Canada Go!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Canucks Man Posted - 01/05/2010 : 01:59:27
What is the point of this stupid chant? What was wrong with plan old "Go Canada Go" Stupid corporate guys only thinking about money. I personally will not be taking part in this ridiculus chant. What does everyone else think? So far the people i have talked to really hate it

CANUCKS RULE!!!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6123 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 15:29:59
I can't believe Pepsi thinks they can take credit for coming up with a national chant. Chant's get created by culture, by the people who love their sport. Pepsi and their aggresive marketing fail big time on this one.
Guest9249 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 07:54:43
i think its amazing.
Guest4597 Posted - 01/09/2010 : 06:44:35
I think it is effin retarded. I don't think it is going to catch on. I watched the World Juniors and despite Pepsi's best efforts to make it work the fans were having no part of it. What a relief.
Guest9085 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 12:02:55
SUCKS
Guest7250 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 09:24:31
Oops - I meant first 4 syllables.

But the important thing to remember is the 'break' between repeating it.

Ohhhhh Caaaaaanadaaaaaa .. .. .. Ohhhhh Caaaaaaanadaaaaaa
Guest7250 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 09:23:02
Here's what I think the chant should be, and there's a few reasons why:

Ohhhh Caaaaanadaaaaa.... Ohhhhh Caaaaaaanadaaaaaa....

(Just like the first 3 syllables of our national anthem).

Reasons:
1) It adds a bit of a singing 'chorus' to it, which is very popular in soccer cheers.
2) It is AS CANADIAN AS IT GETS, without any corporate influence
3) The more you repeat it, the louder it gets, and the more goosebumps you begin to feel on your shoulders and neck. Plus, I couldn't imagine how crazy a stadium would go!
Guest7590 Posted - 01/07/2010 : 12:30:27
At the World Junior Championship in Saskatoon they used the old cheer... Go Canada Go! and I would be surprized to see the fans use the new cheer at the Olympics. I agree with you that the new cheer is ridiculous and a waste of time/money!
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

What is the point of this stupid chant? What was wrong with plan old "Go Canada Go" Stupid corporate guys only thinking about money. I personally will not be taking part in this ridiculus chant. What does everyone else think? So far the people i have talked to really hate it

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Guest2678 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 19:01:48
I HATE the chant with a passion & am praying it doesn't catch on!!
Alex116 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:29:57
I still find it comical that they had "plants" or "snipers" as Beans referred to them in the stands! They were talking about that on the radio today. How brutal is that...
Guest2789 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 14:18:02
Nothing like reinforcing a stereotype. If we want Canadians to be forever known as the people who say "eh" we will embrace this ridiculous chant.
Guest2789 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 08:42:50
Didn't hear the stupid chant once during the WJ final....Ha Ha.
Alex116 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 00:18:51
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

Terrible chant. 30 million+ people in the country and thats all we could think of? It sounds like it came from a guy in a bar who had 46 beer and just slurred out a couple words and they in fact rhymed. Gross.

I think i could have 46 beers and still sound better than this stupid chant!
redneck76ca Posted - 01/05/2010 : 23:40:21
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

Terrible chant. 30 million+ people in the country and thats all we could think of? It sounds like it came from a guy in a bar who had 46 beer and just slurred out a couple words and they in fact rhymed. Gross.

I absolutely hate this chant.
Axey Posted - 01/05/2010 : 23:13:41
Beans15 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 09:23:42
It's all about the marketing baby. That's it. Pepsi go to put it's name all over all sorts of Canadian Hockey stuff.

The bigger thing with this is not the cheezy chant, it's the free play that Pepsi gets to the Olympics. Coke is the official Olympic soft drink so Pepsi can't market on the Olympics, but in a recent news report I watched, when people on the street were shown a Hockey Canada Logo with the pepsi logo, something like 9 out of 10 people said the first thing that came to their mind was the Olympics.

Ultimately, it's brilliant marketing by Pepsi, regardless of the chant. It's is cheezy and what's even more cheezy is the snipers dropped into the stands at the world juniors to try to get the chant going. No one really catches on and you could only vaguely hear it during the Latvia and Slovakia games.
Alex116 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 08:02:46
Slozo, i think this was some sort of contest put forth by Pepsi to create a unique chant for Canada? I too can't stand it and will not be taking part in it come the Olympics! Go Canada Go or Ca-Na-Da works just fine for me! Everyone i talk to about it really doesn't like it either but they sure are pushing it on TV.
Guest0482 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 07:22:32
brutal chant

isn't pepsi american based makes sence there making a joke of us
n/a Posted - 01/05/2010 : 05:53:09
Maybe the survivng Ramones members might sue as well, lol.

What's the corporate part . . . am I missing something?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest6618 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 05:48:21
hate that chant too man i prefer the "CA-NA-DA" one

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page