Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 who'll go first gagner or cogliano?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
polishexpress Posted - 01/24/2010 : 09:31:22
Just thought I'd throw out the question of who would the Oilers trade first? Cogliano, for his potential and speed, or Gagner, who is producing a little more consistently? Or will they trade neither of them?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 01/24/2010 : 12:34:32
If you take a look through the sports section of the Edmoton Sun today, it speaks very candidly as well as very aggressively towards the current state of the Oilers. The situations does not look pretty.

Regardless, I would agree that Cogliano and Gagner are both players the Oilers would like to keep, but will they be able to?

Ultimately, Gagner is a legitimate 50 pt player and I would suspect will be looking at around $3-$3.5 million. Cogliano can be a 50 point guy as well, but not nearly as skilled as Gagner. I would suspect $2.5-$3 million for hi. So the Oilers need to find some money to keep them.

I would like to say neither will leave, but if I had to pick one to keep, it would be Gagner.
K73 Posted - 01/24/2010 : 11:04:25
http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/myoilers/2010/01/24/12592566-sun.html

In short, willing to deal Horcoff, Nilsson, Moreau, Staios, Souray, and Vishnovsky at least. Other players they are receiving calls about but aren't available include Penner, Cogliano, and Hemsky.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 01/24/2010 : 10:03:58
Cogliano has suffered a lot under MacT, Moreau, Staios. Those guys were/are total anchors in that they bring the team down. I don't even think Moreau or Staios have the dressing room leadership qualities a team needs from their Captain/Veterans.

If Edmonton can do an about face with the team's attitude and work ethic then there's still hope for Cogs to become a much better team player.

Having said that, Cogs and Gagne might find themselves as trade bait as part of the Oiler's rebuilding plan. They're young and talented and might be hard to hold onto. I know Ottawa has expressed interested in Cogs.

I don't think many people would agree that the Oil might trade Gagne though, him being one of the best players on the team at the moment. But there isn't exactly a large talent pool to offer other teams at the moment.

I guess to answer the topic question, I think Cogliano will go first. But Slozo is right in saying there's a long line of current Oiler's that might be ahead of him or packaged with him.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
n/a Posted - 01/24/2010 : 09:50:53
I think Beans might have more of an inside track on this one, but my guess is that until a couple years down the road, Gagner is sort of untouchable. He is the one that has the most potential, from what I've seen.

So, I'd say Cogs would be first . . . but, I think the Oil would trade many others first.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page