Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Least favourite player

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 01/22/2010 : 17:34:03
Inspiried by last night's Carcillo Avery fight
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4158 Posted - 03/15/2010 : 11:31:10
For least favourite hockey players, you gotta go with the players that should not even be players - Boorgaard is far and away the leader in that category. Can't skate worth a damn, can't pass, can't shoot. When he's on the ice he's just running from hit to hit, trying to get guys to fight. Useless. Reminds me of Peter Worrell, the other goon that fit into that category about 10 years ago. How Minnesota can waste any cap room on this guy is beyond me.

quote:
And Burrows backs up what?? How many fights has this bag of pucks been in this year?? Last year?? He has zero major penalties this season and 4 last year. For a guy that plays like that to never fight is a joke. He doesn't back anything up. Scoring is not the back up I am talking about. It means when you talk crap and you instigate, you back it up with your fists. He doesn't do that and neither does Cooke.

Beans, seriously, you gotta get off the Burrows hate train. Sure, you don't like him - but your least favourite player in the league? Really?!? I wouldn't like him much if he didn't play for the Canucks, but you gotta respect that he is effective without being a total goon. I don't think any Canucks fan will ever claim that he is the best player on the ice, or that he is an elite player like Lecavalier or Iginla, but he is a formidable opponent that does his job (pest that can score) very well. Whether you want to admit it or not, he is a very good defensive forward that backchecks well, and his penalty killing skills are amongst the best in the league - Burrows and Kesler are perhaps the best penalty killing tandem there is right now. He can score, he can hit, he can skate well. He gets under the skin of opposing players, and can back it up when he has to.

He has 1 fighting major this year BTW, last week in Nashville vs Hamhuis. You say that he never fights, but it takes 2 to tango - I have never seen him back down from a fight, so perhaps no one is seriously challenging? Do you have a particular example of an occasion that an opponent has dropped the gloves looking for a fight with Burrows and he has skated away?

quote:
If he couldn't score, I would think you would have the same thoughts about him as you do about Cooke.

If Burrows couldn't score, he would not be in the NHL, and this discussion would be moot.
Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 23:07:38
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

Neil is not on the team just for fighting. He is not a talentless goon. He is an amazing checker and a above average 4th liner who is very useful in front of the net on the powerplay. Who cares if he lost a fight to a goon who can barely skate.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Sensfan....i will give Neil credit for Sat night for having a go with Rypien. While he doesn't count as a heavyweight by any means, there's not a lot of middle weights or especially lightweight who're willing to drop'em with Rypien! Yeah, Neil's bigger, but Rypien's no easy task, not to mention, it was a pretty good fight! The announcer's gave the decision to Rypien, but he was sporting a little blood from a cut below his eye? Not sure if it was a prior cut that opened up but regardless, it was a good battle that'd i'd call a draw.
Guest6840 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 21:21:49
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

I voted for Steve Downie the other day, but I wasn't going to post about it.

However, after today, I think I will...

Downie is as useless as they come. Forget Cooke, Downie is the lowest of the low. This kid brings nothing to the table, except a bad attitude and garbage plays.

How many suspensions must a guy have (suspensions that do not even relate to a hockey mistake), ones that are just complete garbage. Must a guy have, before being tossed from the NHL?

In junior, the guy knocked his own teammates teeth out during practice (punched him) during an argument. Other suspensions during junior also. Comes to the NHL, gains a 20 game suspension during pre-season for more garbage hits. Has seen more suspensions since then as well.

Now, slew foots Crosby and lands on his leg, looked like the leg snapped. Luckily, Crosby has strong enough legs that he was able to continue the game.

The guy is just CRAP. A coward, who can't play a clean game. I just hate this guy. Why is he Canadian? :(

Irvine/prez.

I completely agree with that. Cooke also does not bring a lot to the table in this case though. (it would of been nice if Crosby got injured though)
Sensfan101 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 19:11:21
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

quote:

quote:

Maxim Lapiere, Alex Burrows, Patrick Kaleta, Chris Neil.

All of them are ******* who talk tough but never really back it up, Neil will fight, but only guys smaller than him. Lapiere will drop the gloves, but wont throw a single punch, watch the fight earlier this year against colby armstrong, colby lays a clean hit on bergeron then lapiere just grabs him and hangs on..... what a *****.Kaleta cheapshots guys then turtles when its time to answer the bell and we all know about Burrows now.

[Moderator Edit - Some might be offended with such words]

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Neil only fights guys smaller than him?? are you serious!? clearly you don't watch hockey if you can say that with a straight face. Neil is not a very big guy and will fight anybody if he thinks it will help the team.

Really?

Neil has 8 fights this year and only 3 have been against guys bigger than him, Mike Rupp and Eric Godard and Luke Schenn.

Neil will fight the 20 year old schenn no prob, hes still a kid but he runs like a scalded dog from Colton Orr. Im telling you, you will never see Neil (or very rarley) take on legitamite heavyweights in the NHL, he only fights the middle weights or below. Yet he talks like a heavyweight and sens fans put him in the same category,

By the way, on hockey fights.com Rupp and Godard were both declared the victors by the voting public, more proof that he cant dance with the big boys.

Neil is not on the team just for fighting. He is not a talentless goon. He is an amazing checker and a above average 4th liner who is very useful in front of the net on the powerplay. Who cares if he lost a fight to a goon who can barely skate.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
irvine Posted - 03/14/2010 : 16:41:20
I voted for Steve Downie the other day, but I wasn't going to post about it.

However, after today, I think I will...

Downie is as useless as they come. Forget Cooke, Downie is the lowest of the low. This kid brings nothing to the table, except a bad attitude and garbage plays.

How many suspensions must a guy have (suspensions that do not even relate to a hockey mistake), ones that are just complete garbage. Must a guy have, before being tossed from the NHL?

In junior, the guy knocked his own teammates teeth out during practice (punched him) during an argument. Other suspensions during junior also. Comes to the NHL, gains a 20 game suspension during pre-season for more garbage hits. Has seen more suspensions since then as well.

Now, slew foots Crosby and lands on his leg, looked like the leg snapped. Luckily, Crosby has strong enough legs that he was able to continue the game.

The guy is just CRAP. A coward, who can't play a clean game. I just hate this guy. Why is he Canadian? :(

Irvine/prez.
Guest6840 Posted - 03/13/2010 : 22:26:11
Cindy Crosby is high up there but i have to say Byfuglian (if thats spelt right)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/29/2010 : 10:44:14
quote:

quote:

quote:

All of them are ******* who talk tough but never really back it up, Neil will fight, but only guys smaller than him. Lapiere will drop the gloves, but wont throw a single punch, watch the fight earlier this year against colby armstrong, colby lays a clean hit on bergeron then lapiere just grabs him and hangs on..... what a *****.Kaleta cheapshots guys then turtles when its time to answer the bell and we all know about Burrows now.

Neil only fights guys smaller than him?? are you serious!? clearly you don't watch hockey if you can say that with a straight face. Neil is not a very big guy and will fight anybody if he thinks it will help the team.

Really?

Neil has 8 fights this year and only 3 have been against guys bigger than him, Mike Rupp and Eric Godard and Luke Schenn.

Neil will fight the 20 year old schenn no prob, hes still a kid but he runs like a scalded dog from Colton Orr. Im telling you, you will never see Neil (or very rarley) take on legitamite heavyweights in the NHL, he only fights the middle weights or below. Yet he talks like a heavyweight and sens fans put him in the same category,

By the way, on hockey fights.com Rupp and Godard were both declared the victors by the voting public, more proof that he cant dance with the big boys.

Matt thats because Neil is a middle weight and an agitator. He makes no claim to being the heir apparent to Laraque.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/29/2010 : 10:41:28
quote:

quote:

Really?

Guest4746 Posted - 01/29/2010 : 09:44:43
Geoff Courtnall
baumer Posted - 01/29/2010 : 08:17:15
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

I think my least favorite players of Christmas past are Hasek (OMG embellish more!) and Chelios (should've retried 10 years earlier).

Least favorite players of Christmas present are Pronger (can you tell I'm also an Oilers fan?) and Emery (I think it was Emery. I mean the guy in net when Ottawa went to the final).

And I my least favorite future NHLer is Taylor Hall. I think this kid is being way over-hyped. Give me Cam Fowler before this kid.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.

Couldn't agree more with the pick of the fututre. I have seen Fowler, Seguin , and Hall play this year. Seguin, in my opinion , should be #1 with Fowler a close second and in all honesty, I saw nothing that convinced me Taylor Hall is the future of an NHL franchise. As to the most hated player I have to go with Steve Downie. i know he's toned it down a bit but I just can't forgive him for sucker punching Jason Blake last year. Seriously, who punches a guy with Leukemia. lol
ryan93 Posted - 01/28/2010 : 18:19:57
For me it's a toss up between 3 guys not on that list...

Patrick Kane
Cory Perry
Scott Hartnall
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/28/2010 : 14:09:25
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7886

All valid points, and you could even argue the talented part... Yes, he's got great numbers but the vast majority of the time all he does is park himself out in front & waits for someone to feed him easy goals.

Put him on a lesser line and I'd be surprised if he topped 25 goals on a complete season.

Basically, last year Ottawa experimented with splitting the 3 players up to see which could play without support. No surprise Alfredson was consistant while rotating throughout lineup. Spezza seen a good reduction in points, but the big surprise was Heatley was the player who seemed reliant on the other 2 the most and the largest ruduction in overall points. Nobody is gonna say he doesn't have a keen eye for offensive plays and an awesome shot, but he needs to have chemistry with his linemates way more than his linemates need him. Only way he is going to maintain being a part of the best line in the game is if he's is feeding off players of his caliber, especially a gifted passer. Not like Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Crosby. Those guy carry a line with lessor players.
Guest7886 Posted - 01/28/2010 : 14:01:46
All valid points, and you could even argue the talented part... Yes, he's got great numbers but the vast majority of the time all he does is park himself out in front & waits for someone to feed him easy goals.

Put him on a lesser line and I'd be surprised if he topped 25 goals on a complete season.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/28/2010 : 13:22:22
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2856

[quote]Originally posted by Guest9198

Darcy Tucker, Chris Pronger & Dany Heatley.
[/quoteok I agree with Pronger and Tucker but why Heatley]

Probably because of his second request to trade after signing long term contract. How about his refusal to waive no trade clause after said trade request. Or maybe the vehicular homicide he commited to a teamate which he skated on with regret and bad memories, with his victims family support only to request trade to get as far from them as possible. Maybe he just doesnt like the gap in his teeth. Either way the is good reason Heatley is thought of as a talented bag of crap. Hope this clears that up.
Guest2856 Posted - 01/28/2010 : 12:58:58
[quote]Originally posted by Guest9198

[/quoteok I agree with Pronger and Tucker but why Heatley]
Gusteroni Posted - 01/28/2010 : 12:51:04
Carcillo really bothers me but I also like his gritty play, at least he does back up his mouth. The thing I hate is he makes a spectacle of himself. The devil horns to the crowd and that not so toothy smile everytime he heads to the box after he been in a fight (even if he gets his a$$ kicked), not to mention his terrible moustache. I guess I just don't like his face. I wish he would have been lipping off Hunter instead of Acton in a TO game a couple weeks ago, to see Hunter drop the gloves again would be precious. If only coaches could fight. Cooke could be the worst though, I don't know how many times I have seen him skate away with his tail between his legs when a guy wants to drop them, what a disgrace.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Alex116 Posted - 01/28/2010 : 00:29:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4762

P.S. My least favourite 'was' Barnaby when he played- but he's actually decent in the booth now so I'll change my pick to Ribeiro.

Met Barnaby when he in town while playing with the Hawks a few years back. Wasn't a big fan of his till we ran into him and a few teammates. Actually, a really nice guy.

BTW, i'm a little surprised at all the hate for Ribiero? What's the deal there?
Guest4013 Posted - 01/27/2010 : 14:47:53
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8764

Hal Gill. It is painful watching him try to keep up with NHL quality skaters. Just. Painful. Honorable mention to Phaneuf. Would love to see that guy come across the middle with his head down in front of, oh, let's say Mike Richards (since Scott Stevens is retired.)

Not going to happen. He's always the one on the right end of the head down hits.
Sensfan101 Posted - 01/27/2010 : 13:54:59
quote:

Guest8144 Posted - 01/27/2010 : 07:13:22
quote:

haha sorry
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 01/27/2010 : 06:44:05
I think my least favorite players of Christmas past are Hasek (OMG embellish more!) and Chelios (should've retried 10 years earlier).

Least favorite players of Christmas present are Pronger (can you tell I'm also an Oilers fan?) and Emery (I think it was Emery. I mean the guy in net when Ottawa went to the final).

And I my least favorite future NHLer is Taylor Hall. I think this kid is being way over-hyped. Give me Cam Fowler before this kid.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Guest4762 Posted - 01/27/2010 : 06:22:31
All of you need to read the title of this thread again. "Least Favourite Player" is personal opinion. I can say my least favourite player is Wayne Gretzky and I'm not 'wrong' if I think that.

Beans you have stated 10x over how you feel so move aside and let's collect some other thought on the subject. Stfu about Burrows and Cooke.

P.S. My least favourite 'was' Barnaby when he played- but he's actually decent in the booth now so I'll change my pick to Ribeiro.
Beans15 Posted - 01/26/2010 : 11:02:12
Hey Alex, none of that changes the fact that Burrows plays that reckless, on the edge, instigating type of play and rarely if ever backs it up.

As far as Team Canada?? Wow, I would seriously have lost respect for Yzerman if that happened. Burrows, in no facet of the game, should be considered one of the best this country can produce. Not even close.

Oh, hold on. Maybe he might have a Olympic Career. Only it will be in the Summer Olympics and involve a board and a swimming pool. In fact, it would nearly assure Canada a Medal, he'd just need to decide which height to dive from. He sure gets enough practice during the season.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/26/2010 : 10:32:38

Alex116 Posted - 01/26/2010 : 07:51:22
Beans, i admit, i skimmed through many of the posts, especially the guest posts and therefore missed some of the "walks on water" and such references? Never would i consider him elite, but there's no denying he's found chemistry beyond what ANY player who's been tried on that line thus far!

I don't consider him to be Cooke with a scoring tough at all. Matt Cooke was never an effective shut down guy. When Burrows played with Kesler, they were considered a top shutdown line with whoever played alongside them. A lot of the credit went to Kesler but Burrows was very key on that line. It was not easy for the coach to split them up but at the time, he was desperate to find someone who could help the Sedins get to that next level. Now, maybe it's fluke, maybe Bernier could be doing the same thing and perhaps it's simply the Sedin's having breakout years, but we really can't ever tell that. Regardless, because the guy has been labelled a diver, he get's a lot less respect around the league. That's the consequences of your actions i guess. I'm certainly not gonna sit here and try to argue he's never dived before and therefore i respect your opinion on him.

Funny, this kid was mentioned to be in the mix late last year (not just around here but on HNIC) for team Canada and there was rumour he was on the list to attend the orientation camp at one point? Be real interesting to see if that camp was this coming summer considering the year he's having?

On a side note, i argued with friends that i didn't think and still don't think he'd belong. The Sedin's aren't on Team Canada and there's no telling what chemistry he'd find with other guys? As a third or fourth line checker, maybe, but i'd say that's even a stretch as there are better guys for that role, a few who've been picked and a few who missed........
Beans15 Posted - 01/26/2010 : 07:41:33
Ya Alex, you did miss some stuff. If you look back, there are a few guests that have been talking about Burrows and his ability to walk on water like the other guys could once do.

And maybe NEVER is a hueg word, but 4 fights in 2 season, with 0 this season is close enough to never for me. Argue the details all you want, but at the end of the day the only difference between Burrows and Cooke is that Burrows can actually score. If he couldn't score, I would think you would have the same thoughts about him as you do about Cooke.

Just because the guy scores does not mean he plays a classy style of hockey.
Alex116 Posted - 01/26/2010 : 00:08:51
Personally, i can see where guys would hate Burrows. Yes, he's been labelled a diver. Yes, he's chippy. Yes, he's a trash talker. Yes, he's irritating to play against. Yes, he's also proving to be a pretty decent all around player and to see a guy like this have success for another team aside from your own would prob lead one to dislike him? I'm fine with that. Personally, i always disliked Matt Cooke when he was here and was happy to see him go. Not only did he RARELY drop the gloves, he was far more of a dirty / chippy player than Burrows. He crossed "the line" far more often than Burrows does and never was able to contribute more than just being an agitator on the ice. Burrows on the other hand, became a solid third line checker/grinder and when given a chance, progressed to the top line where he found some chemistry with the Sedins.

Beans, I don't agree with the statement that he "NEVER" fights because in fact he has. Also, where did anyone claim him to be an "elite" scorer??? Did i miss something?

Regardless, i think the whole Auger incident has brought a lot of this hatred on however i do know some didn't like him before that anyway? No prob, to each their own. I'm pretty happy he's here and has found some magic with the Sedins......
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 01/25/2010 : 15:02:12
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8605

Burrows is awsome. How could you hate a guy that worked his way up from the ECHL like that. Didn't get anything handed too him like say, Gagne, Gilbert or any of those other garbage Oilers. Gagne will never be half the player Burrows is because he is a whiney, entitiled piece of garbage, which if you play for the Oilers gets you a $5 mil/yr contract. And you can't put him in the same league as Cooke. Burrows will fight if he's in that situation, I've seen him do it plenty of times.

If you're gonna trash talk, at least get the guy's name right, otherwise you sound just like misinformed, misaligned, confused, maladjusted, 'wish I could be good heckler', that you are shooting for, yet missing by just that little bit...

It's Gagner(son of former player Dave Gagner, in case you actually are only as old as your post makes you sound)....and entitled? WTF? Can't put him in the same league as Cooke? Burrows fight plenty of times?

Sounds like you're actually the one fighting....to breathe...easy fix though....have someone pull your noggin from your shpincter and it should be fine...

I mean really, as a Guest account? Have some hangers, sign your bad self up and let the trash talk have a face, instead of this....makes me chuckle every time.

I don't even find Burrows to be my least favorite, there are others, but to try and defend his antics by comparing him to others that have nothing to do with anything other than your dislike of a team?.....weak.

Guest8605 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 13:30:30
Burrows is awsome. How could you hate a guy that worked his way up from the ECHL like that. Didn't get anything handed too him like say, Gagne, Gilbert or any of those other garbage Oilers. Gagne will never be half the player Burrows is because he is a whiney, entitiled piece of garbage, which if you play for the Oilers gets you a $5 mil/yr contract. And you can't put him in the same league as Cooke. Burrows will fight if he's in that situation, I've seen him do it plenty of times.
Guest9297 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 12:58:04
Gotta go with Burrows. He has taken a dive more than once, like some Canuck fans say, I will never forget when Boumeester gave him a love tap in the back and I think security was looking for a sniper in the arena. then the little douch has the nerve to peek up over his gloves and when he found out there would be no penalty he got up and skated off. Now I wonder why the refs would have an issue with him?
Guest4803 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 12:49:54
just mentionting that your least favourite player is better then any player on your team thats all...funny how both of the players you list are canucks past and present that doesnt have to do anything with your descion does it? Youve taken this whole burrows/auger thing and ran with it, lets face it everyone emebelishs now and again even your precious oilers. Have fun in the cellar with all the leafs fans.
Beans15 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 12:34:17
Is it just me or do people not read??? What the hell does Edmonton and the number of 50 points player they have or their lack of succes have to do with who your least favorite player is??

Seriously, can someone, anyone put together an arguement against Burrows and Cooke being dive artists and embelishers who don't back up what they do physically??

Anyone??

I patiently await the next "The Oilers Suck" comment.
MSC Posted - 01/25/2010 : 10:26:12
This was a fairly obvious choice for me as well....Mike Ribiero.
Guest9275 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 10:22:42
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9198

100% agreed.
Guest9275 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 10:18:55
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6974

quote:

Alex Burrow and Matt Cooke.

Brilliant.

If either of the players ever put on an oilers uni you would be first in line to suck there peckers, and Burrows doesnt back it up? no one in the league has more goals than he has in 2010, he backs everything up. He's the only player in history that played at least 1 game in the echl and scored more than 20 goals in a season. He's tied for 9th in the league in goals. He had one bad dive, and guess what, it worked the player got a 5 minute penalty. boo hoo, btw how does he feel to cheer for a team that hasnt won in 10 games?

Nope, you are wrong. Either of these tools become Oilers and I choose to stop watching Oilers hockey for a while. Never stop being a fan, but stop watching.

And Burrows backs up what?? How many fights has this bag of pucks been in this year?? Last year?? He has zero major penalties this season and 4 last year. For a guy that plays like that to never fight is a joke. He doesn't back anything up. Scoring is not the back up I am talking about. It means when you talk crap and you instigate, you back it up with your fists. He doesn't do that and neither does Cooke.

Typical Fairweather fan. The point of being a fan is not ever giving up on your team. I have been an Oilers fan since I remember watching hockey in 1982. By the way, how many Stanley Cup parades have you had there in Vancouver???

First thing first, for last 20 years Edmonton is hanging on to the wins they had 20 years ago. They are waiting for another Gretzky and Messier to save them . Guess what, Messier was on the Canucks and did absolutely nothing. Have you look at the stat recently, who is on the bottom of the Northwest????
Before you Burrows, maybe you should take a look at the players' stat. Vancouver has at least four players, which includes Burrows, that have over 50 points. Who does Edmonton have, Penner?

If they continue this way, I don't see Edmonton winning the Stanley cup this year.
Beans15 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 10:10:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6855

Why would any fan want one of their top scorers fighting all the time? Burrows backs it up more by scoring than by fighting. Chirping is part of the game & letting your fighters do the fighting is also part of it. Canucks look decent but maybe not cup contenders... but Oilers? come on, the good ol' days are over & have been for a while. At least Canucks seem to have a bit of direction albeit maybe still a couple seasons to fruition.

No one said this thread was to talk about what team was better than the other. You don't need to tell me the issue the Oilers are having nor the positive direction the Canucks are going. I have eyes and can see that very clearly.

No one said that Burrows has to fight every game. But to play that style of game and never drop them is a joke. Look at a guy like Iginla or Lecavalier. They don't chirp nearly to the degree that Burrows does (or dive or embelish calls) and they will still drop them when they need to. And they are also their teams best players.

Burrows (and Cooke for that matter) go out of their way to instigate and NEVER fight. I can appreciate the guys out there like Avery and Tootoo that also do the same kind of instigating. Only they will also drop them every once in a while to keep people honest.

Burrows doesn't. Regardless of him scoring. Raymond or Demitra, or Rypien, or even Luongo could score 30 goals a year playing with the Sedins. Let's not get crazy and talk about this guy as if he is an elite scorer, because he is simply not. Jonathan Cheechoo anyone?????
Guest9275 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 09:47:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3269

what about the sedin twins i have always hated them and always will

I just think you don't know how to appreciate two good players. I think they are wonderful and very under rated. Both of them on ice they make magic.
Guest6855 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 09:29:40
Why would any fan want one of their top scorers fighting all the time? Burrows backs it up more by scoring than by fighting. Chirping is part of the game & letting your fighters do the fighting is also part of it. Canucks look decent but maybe not cup contenders... but Oilers? come on, the good ol' days are over & have been for a while. At least Canucks seem to have a bit of direction albeit maybe still a couple seasons to fruition.
Guest4227 Posted - 01/25/2010 : 09:18:52
Mike Komisarek
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/25/2010 : 09:17:26
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6974

quote:

Alex Burrow and Matt Cooke.

Brilliant.

If either of the players ever put on an oilers uni you would be first in line to suck there peckers, and Burrows doesnt back it up? no one in the league has more goals than he has in 2010, he backs everything up. He's the only player in history that played at least 1 game in the echl and scored more than 20 goals in a season. He's tied for 9th in the league in goals. He had one bad dive, and guess what, it worked the player got a 5 minute penalty. boo hoo, btw how does he feel to cheer for a team that hasnt won in 10 games?

Nope, you are wrong. Either of these tools become Oilers and I choose to stop watching Oilers hockey for a while. Never stop being a fan, but stop watching.

Typical Fairweather fan. The point of being a fan is not ever giving up on your team. I have been an Oilers fan since I remember watching hockey in 1982. By the way, how many Stanley Cup parades have you had there in Vancouver???

I think they had had a stanley cup parade every year at the beginning of the season since 1994 Its funny how many times iv'e heard a Canucks fan talk how much a cup favorite there team is. This might be the best chance they have had since there cup final and my moneys still on them to choke in the 2nd round no matter the opponent.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page