Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Bob Gainey Quits Habs

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grandfarfadet Posted - 02/08/2010 : 13:00:27
Bob Gainey just left his position as GM of the Montreal Canadiens. Pierre Gauthier wil take the seat while they search for someone else.

As a Habs fan, I feel it is a necessary evil. I mean that Bob is great and he is a big part of the Habs history, but change was needed. My only concern about this is that happens so late in the season. Maybe Gauthier will sign Plekanec and Price and/or Halak before it's too late.

Thinking about that, Gainey will now have plenty of time to think. I hope he accepted the death of his daughter. I'm sorry for him.

Dear Bob, thanks for what you've done and I hope you live long and happy.

John Kordic is the living proof that drugs can kill! -Traduction of a famous Jean Perron sentence
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Odin Posted - 02/11/2010 : 11:04:52
Sorry Axey,

Can't agree with you. At this point I would rather keep Halak. Bottom line though: they should keep both.
Axey Posted - 02/10/2010 : 17:58:40
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by Axey

I think many things have lead to Bob handing the job down to Pierre. The man has been through alot, and when in a place like Montreal its hard to get a break. The guy has been a class act with many positive moves, even though we only tend to see the bad.

Also the fiasco with Price and Halak definitely brought alot of stress to the table and he probably didn't want to be the guy to deal with it since people are going to be upset either way. But he did say that deals are in the works already, today I read on a site about Edmonton trading for Price. Eberle was rumoured in the deal, I think this is bad for both sides myself.

Absolutely not even in the cards. Eberle is not going anywhere and why would the Oilers go after a goalie when Khabibulin still has 3 years after this season on his deal. From the word in Edmonton, his surgery went great and he is expected to be 100% for next season.

Even if Edmonton was in the market for a goal, they still would never give up Eberle. Not today anyway. Not until he gets a crack in the bigs and they see what he can do.

There are plenty of rumours on this, I'm just relaying what was said. I do think it is a terrible idea on both sides.

Back to the goalie situation Halak has to go, Price must stay.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 02/10/2010 : 08:18:13
Gainey Wins again... err, wait.

Looks like the Burke vs Gainey feud is over for now.

Hey 7752 - I think Bob was just afriad of getting smoked by the leafs over the next few years,

(for all the hab fans, this is more of an inside joke than anything)

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
grandfarfadet Posted - 02/09/2010 : 04:21:15
Talking about Eberle and his stellar play during junior championship, I would keep the guy if I was Kevin Lowe. I'd like to see him as the Habs fan I am, but the deal is just not possible in my mind unless Khabibulin gets in Montreal too, meaning we have to send a first-rounder or add players on both sides, like Horcoff to get rid of his ugly big contract for Edmonton and probably Plekanec, which is something I would not accept as a fan. I must admit that Halak under the supervision of Khabibulin who could share his experience with the young goalie would be something...

Anyway, it's now Mr. Gauthier's problem. I wonder what he has for us under the sleeves, as he worked with Bob for some moves during the season knowing that Bob would quit eventually.

John Kordic is the living proof that drugs can kill! -Traduction of a famous Jean Perron sentence
Beans15 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 20:32:03
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

I think many things have lead to Bob handing the job down to Pierre. The man has been through alot, and when in a place like Montreal its hard to get a break. The guy has been a class act with many positive moves, even though we only tend to see the bad.

Also the fiasco with Price and Halak definitely brought alot of stress to the table and he probably didn't want to be the guy to deal with it since people are going to be upset either way. But he did say that deals are in the works already, today I read on a site about Edmonton trading for Price. Eberle was rumoured in the deal, I think this is bad for both sides myself.

Absolutely not even in the cards. Eberle is not going anywhere and why would the Oilers go after a goalie when Khabibulin still has 3 years after this season on his deal. From the word in Edmonton, his surgery went great and he is expected to be 100% for next season.

Even if Edmonton was in the market for a goal, they still would never give up Eberle. Not today anyway. Not until he gets a crack in the bigs and they see what he can do.

Canucks Man Posted - 02/08/2010 : 19:46:50
Next move: Trade Price, Sign Halak

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest9494 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 19:29:13
The rumour was it was either Price get goes or he goes. It looks like he made his decision.

Congrats to Gainey without Injuries Habs looked good this year and would have made the playoffs.
irvine Posted - 02/08/2010 : 17:18:45
Edmonton - Montreal trade, involving Price & Eberle?

Price, I could see being involved in a deal.. perhaps. But Eberle? WOW, so much upside for this kid.

More details please... as I just can't see why in their right minds Edmonton would trade Eberle before even giving him the chance to prove himself on an NHL level.

Irvine/prez.
Axey Posted - 02/08/2010 : 16:58:20

Guest2270 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 14:30:34
Gainey has looked so sad for a long period. Seems like he has no jest for his job anymore. If your mind isnt in to it, move on.
grandfarfadet Posted - 02/08/2010 : 13:41:42
Little update there, as I watch the press conference. Pierre Gauthier is the GM to stay. They won't search for someone. It's Pierre, period.

Also, Bob will stay as a special adviser.

Beans15 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 13:35:28
The reason made sense. Gainey didn't want to spend another 4-6 years in the position. However, I doubt that is the true rationale. It's time for a shake up in Montreal as it's obvious this team has the talent to make the playoffs but not the talent to win the Cup.

Gainey is a hockey icon and a class guy all the way. I hope this give him a chance to ride off into the sunset.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page