Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Alphabet-based teams/which is the best

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PhillyFan12 Posted - 02/16/2010 : 14:00:15
Let me preface this by saying I had a couple hours to kill: I constructed teams based upon the first letter of players' last names...I then combined letters in groups of two (A+B, C+D, etc.) to see who had the strongest team. Of these teams, seven stood out as the possible top team. I've listed possible line combinations of forwards, along with the six defenders and goalies. Which team is the strongest?

A-B team
Booth-Backstrom-Alfredsson
Brunette-Bergeron-Briere
Bourque-Bolland-D. Brown
Benn-Arnott-Boyes

Ballard
Bogosian
Bouwmeester
Boyle
Brewer
Burns

Brodeur
Backstrom

C-D Team
Clowe-Crosby-Doan
Cammelleri-Datsyuk-Callahan
Dubinsky-J. Carter-Cleary
Cooke-Cullen-Clutterbuck

Campbell
Carle
Chara
Coburn
Corvo
Doughty

Clemmensen
Conklin

G-H Team
Heatley-Getzlaf-Hossa
Huselius-Horton-Gaborik
Gagne-Helm-Havlat
Hartnell-Gaustad-Hornqvist

Hamhuis
Hamrlik
Hejda
Gonchar
Green
Grossman

Hiller
Giguere

K-L Team

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-P. Kane
Kariya-M. Koivu-Kessel
Laich-Lecavalier-Knuble
Kunitz-Kesler-Langenbrunner

Kaberle
Karlsson
Keith
Lidstrom
Kubina
Kronwall

Lundqvist
Luongo

M-N Team
Nash-Malkin-Malone
Morrow-Marleau-Nolan
Neal-McDonald-Miettinen
Michalek-Madden-C. Neil

Markov
Martin
Niedermayer
Michalek
Mitchell
Myers

Nabokov
S. Mason

O-P Team
Ovechkin-Pavelski-Perry
Parise-Plekanec-Pominville
Penner-Oshie-Okposo
Ponikarovski-Peverly-Park

Orpik
Phaneuf
Phillips
Pitkanen
Poti
Pronger

Pavelec
Price

S-T Team
D. Sedin-H. Sedin-St. Louis
Smyth-Thornton-Semin
Sharp-Spezza-Stamkos
J. Staal-E. Staal-Selanne

Seabrook
Souray
M. Staal
Streit
Timonen
Suter

Thomas
Toskala
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6840 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 14:21:49
Halak should of been in there; none the less i voted for the G-H team. The S-T team is an offence explosion but with no goalie and lack of defense i only see them coming in second place. (sort of like russia just Russia had a goalie)
Guest7309 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 13:16:12
quote:
Originally posted by PhillyFan12

quote:
Originally posted by Guest7309

quote:

i'm a fast typer. but i had spare time so i just made this poll. Yes i play hockey and yes i'm Assistant Captain on my team. Should be captain, played 20 games so far this year and got 11 goals and 28 assists, i'm a d-man hehe

hmmm only 20 games u probably play house league

i meant to say 30 games so far, but i still have 20 games left.

ur a joke
ryan93 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 05:41:58
And i actually just now took the time to read the entire original post, and my bad, you did create teams with all the letters i mentioned a few posts back...you've only included the 7 best of the bunch, gotcha.
ryan93 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 05:39:46
You shoulda made a team out of the remainding letters than...R's like Brad Richards, Mike Richards, Mike Ribeiro, Bobby Ryan, Brian Rafalski, Stephane Robidas, etc etc...then guys like Jarome Iginla, Henrik Zetterberg, Marc Andre Fleury, Patrik Elias, Erik Johnson, etc. etc. etc.
PhillyFan12 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 02:27:22
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:

i'm a fast typer. but i had spare time so i just made this poll. Yes i play hockey and yes i'm Assistant Captain on my team. Should be captain, played 20 games so far this year and got 11 goals and 28 assists, i'm a d-man hehe

From that post you shouldn't be captain, or even the A, brag much? A captain would never brag about his or her own personall accomplishments.
btw even though this is the worst poll ever, S-T is the best

wth dude, no i doint brag at all. this is not a crapy poll, its a fun poll and guest7309 said "do you have a life". i said yes i'm play hockey and assistant captain, i'm just answering his question Canucks Man

CANUCKS RULE!!!

PhillyFan12 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 02:24:22
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Just curious, why did you leave out letters E, F, I, J, Q, R & then everything after T.

because they have no good players on those teams, mabye a couple, but i said teams that would possibly the best.
PhillyFan12 Posted - 02/17/2010 : 02:21:18
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7309

quote:

i meant to say 30 games so far, but i still have 20 games left.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/17/2010 : 00:22:30
quote:

From that post you shouldn't be captain, or even the A, brag much? A captain would never brag about his or her own personall accomplishments.
btw even though this is the worst poll ever, S-T is the best

CANUCKS RULE!!!
irvine Posted - 02/16/2010 : 17:34:35
Ryan,

because his hockey cards as a youth did not include the alphabet on the back of them.

just kidding philly. :)

Irvine/prez.
ryan93 Posted - 02/16/2010 : 17:22:40
Just curious, why did you leave out letters E, F, I, J, Q, R & then everything after T.
redneck76ca Posted - 02/16/2010 : 15:20:59
The K-L team is really balanced with some great grit and two way forwards, throw in a great d line and two of the top 5 goalies in the league and I think that they are the best team.
Guest7309 Posted - 02/16/2010 : 15:17:15
quote:

HawkinOilCountry Posted - 02/16/2010 : 14:50:55
Going with the K-L team here.

Impressive scoring, a solid 4th line, great D and the King himself in net with a Bobby Lou backup? Yes please!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 02/16/2010 : 14:29:29
S-T team killed it with Thomas Toskala as the only choices for goalies so I went with M-N which had best rounded D, Great forwards and goalie tandem
PhillyFan12 Posted - 02/16/2010 : 14:24:24
Guest7309 Posted - 02/16/2010 : 14:11:54
do u have a life holy crap.... theres something wrong with u if u got this much time on ur hands but id guess id have to say s-t?
PhillyFan12 Posted - 02/16/2010 : 14:02:32
I had to say the S-T team

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page