Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 (Team Canada) who should of Green Replaced

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6840 Posted - 03/13/2010 : 22:36:34
It is obvious Mike Green is the best D-Man in the league and Yzermans and idiot but which D man should he replaced
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 23:11:34
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked
[
Guest6840, thanks for clearing up the question of the seriousness of the poll, I really thought you may have had Green's jock up your nose, now I see it was probably not the case, I'm still not sure if you type with one hand or two, when you talk about Green tho...if you know what I mean...

LOL...another beauty!

BTW, FatE, i agree that it's crazy to question the picks now. But then again, had we lost that game in OT, there'd likely have been many other one handed typing Green fans out there voicing their opinions!
Guest6840 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 21:26:59
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

And honestly, if you put a guy like Drew Doughty or Duncan Keith in Washington in Greens spot, then i think they'd have just as many points as Green. Well maybe not Doughty, but definitely Keith (he only has 6 less points than Green, on a a team that has scored 44 less goals).

Kieth is over rated offensively none the less one of the best defensive defense his assists are undeserved. (Kieth still should be a spot higher then Green on Canada due to his defensive talent.)
Guest6840 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 21:24:59
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2247

olympics are over...we won...pick another topic !!

Ok lets talk about the Parr Olympic Sledge Hockey team.... Cherish the Olympics forever this will be the last one is 2012 happens after all :D
Guest2247 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 17:10:30
olympics are over...we won...pick another topic !!
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 03/14/2010 : 15:28:47
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

They won in o/t in the final, against an American team they lost to earlier. They also had a very close squeaker against Slovakia.

Just because they won, doesn't mean the team wouldn't have been better with Green or Stamkos or Carter or any other guy who many think should have been on the team.

I don't think Yzerman is an idiot either, but I do feel he had a few better options than Bergeron and Seabrook among others.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Really Slozo my friend? You are right, they may have been better with other choices, but as is, they were good enough to win GOLD, not sure how you second guess that...

Green very well could have been the defensive liability that cost them, with the pressure being applied, we'll never know, but come on, Yzerman was instrumental in picking a Gold medal team and some still have the gall to play armchair GM? Strange...

Guest6840, thanks for clearing up the question of the seriousness of the poll, I really thought you may have had Green's jock up your nose, now I see it was probably not the case, I'm still not sure if you type with one hand or two, when you talk about Green tho...if you know what I mean...
Guest6840 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 14:00:19
it was a joke so every one knows. (Most of you already knew.) None the less he should of made the team; Gratz to Canada's gold!
Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 13:20:54
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

Actually, what raised my ire the most is not that the poster had some controversial opinions, but that he/she has the guts to post them using ridiculous grammar and spelling, even for online posting.

1. "who should of Green replaced" - Who Should HAVE Green Replaced? - note the question mark...

2. "It is obvious" - not it is not obvious, it's your opinion, so use IMO or something like that

3. "Yzermans and idiot" - should be Yzerman's an idiot

4. "which D man should he replaced" - should be which D-man should he replace?

Other than that, I like when someone posts their opinions

I'm usually not one to bring up grammar on an online forum, especially when you don't know ages or literary levels that people are at, but the "should OF" thing is used a ton on here. I see it in almost every thread and have to hold my breath and count to ten so that i don't say something! I'm glad you pointed that one out because there are a ton of guilty parties as far as that mistake is concerned.

.....and now, back to hockey talk.....
polishexpress Posted - 03/14/2010 : 11:17:24
Actually, what raised my ire the most is not that the poster had some controversial opinions, but that he/she has the guts to post them using ridiculous grammar and spelling, even for online posting.

1. "who should of Green replaced" - Who Should HAVE Green Replaced? - note the question mark...

2. "It is obvious" - not it is not obvious, it's your opinion, so use IMO or something like that

3. "Yzermans and idiot" - should be Yzerman's an idiot

4. "which D man should he replaced" - should be which D-man should he replace?

Other than that, I like when someone posts their opinions
ryan93 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 10:24:18
And honestly, if you put a guy like Drew Doughty or Duncan Keith in Washington in Greens spot, then i think they'd have just as many points as Green. Well maybe not Doughty, but definitely Keith (he only has 6 less points than Green, on a a team that has scored 44 less goals).
ryan93 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 10:21:52
It's not like offense from the blueline was a problem even without Mike Green, the guys Yzerman took were no slouches.

Duncan Keith is 2nd among defensemen in points
Drew Doughty is 3rd among defensemen in points
Chris Pronger is 4th among defensemen in points
Dan Boyle is 5th among defensemen in points

plus Niedmayer is 11th & Weber is 13th (2nd in goals scored).
Alex116 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 09:56:50
quote:
[i]
Next time the Olympics are on the TV, try and avoid wearing Green's jockstrap like a gas mask....you missed quite the tournament..

FatElvis, that's some funny sh!t....

I can't even vote in a ridiculous poll like this. I'm not even sure what's worse, saying Green is the best D-man in the league or calling Yzerman an idiot? Prob the latter. You can at least make somewhat of an argument for Green i suppose?

n/a Posted - 03/14/2010 : 08:22:38
They won in o/t in the final, against an American team they lost to earlier. They also had a very close squeaker against Slovakia.

Just because they won, doesn't mean the team wouldn't have been better with Green or Stamkos or Carter or any other guy who many think should have been on the team.

I don't think Yzerman is an idiot either, but I do feel he had a few better options than Bergeron and Seabrook among others.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest9103 Posted - 03/14/2010 : 06:47:50
I vote for secret option D: lol.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/14/2010 : 01:48:50
Wow, how can Canadians even be complaining right now, we won GOLD moron, would Mike Green have given us a better Gold or something? Last time I checked Gold is the best you can do, so please stop complaining and enjoy it.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 03/13/2010 : 23:49:18
You are absolutely right, if Team Canada had only taken Green, the best defenceman in the universe, they may have a had a chance to win Gold, instead of that blockhead Yzerman picking the team he did.......

You do know they won Gold, don't you...

Next time the Olympics are on the TV, try and avoid wearing Green's jockstrap like a gas mask....you missed quite the tournament..
polishexpress Posted - 03/13/2010 : 22:40:19
Mike Green is NOT the best D-man in the league, that is just your opinion. Just because he is one of the best offensive d-men in the league doesn't make him the best. I'll take Doughty over Green anyday. Let the forwards score, let the d-men do their job, defend.

So my vote on your poll is C: Yzerman is not an idiot, and Green should not replace any defender, because the olympics are over...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page