Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Chicago
 Chicago's years to come

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Utemin Posted - 03/24/2010 : 15:02:30
how long does Chicago have before it gets back onto a cold run?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ryan93 Posted - 03/24/2010 : 20:48:58
I think Campbell would be a very hard sell as well. He's owed $7.14 million a season until the end of of the 2015/16 season.
Utemin Posted - 03/24/2010 : 19:25:09
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Chicago is handicapped by both Campbell and Huet contracts. The two of them together are making 13M/year, and quite frankly, not living up to it. Campbell has been better this year than last, but Huet is not playing like a 6M goalie (I'm not sure that anyone really thought he would).

They have an excellent core of forwards locked up longterm, and Seabrook as well. If they could somehow get out from under the contracts of Huet and Campbell, that 13M could go a long way to adding a solid 3rd line (or keeping some of the existing players that are otherwise going to have to go), or pickup some other dmen, whatever they need. Niemi looks to be the go-to goalie right now, and he's dirt cheap for a couple more years.

Timelines? Hard to say, it depends on what they can do in the offseason. Huet will be difficult to move with that contract, and I'm sure Chicago has been trying. Campbell may be easier.

Huet isn't worthy of 1million
irvine Posted - 03/24/2010 : 17:49:23
I give the Chicago Blackhawks 3 years (not including the remainder of this season) as being 'fine'.

They will be almost cap strapped immediatley next season as it is. They have most of their core locked up already, so they'll only need to fill in some depth roles. But they will be losing some key components as well during this off-season.

I believe they can continue on for another 3 years, by adding depth players here and there and reasonable prices. But after that, when some youth begin to expire out of contracts, it's going to become tough to sustain.

Irvine/prez.
nuxfan Posted - 03/24/2010 : 15:50:53
Chicago is handicapped by both Campbell and Huet contracts. The two of them together are making 13M/year, and quite frankly, not living up to it. Campbell has been better this year than last, but Huet is not playing like a 6M goalie (I'm not sure that anyone really thought he would).

They have an excellent core of forwards locked up longterm, and Seabrook as well. If they could somehow get out from under the contracts of Huet and Campbell, that 13M could go a long way to adding a solid 3rd line (or keeping some of the existing players that are otherwise going to have to go), or pickup some other dmen, whatever they need. Niemi looks to be the go-to goalie right now, and he's dirt cheap for a couple more years.

Timelines? Hard to say, it depends on what they can do in the offseason. Huet will be difficult to move with that contract, and I'm sure Chicago has been trying. Campbell may be easier.
baumer Posted - 03/24/2010 : 15:21:24
The Hawks to me, seem poised to become the next dynasty of the NHL. They are going to have some cap issues but when you have Keith, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Seabrook and Campbell all locked up long term then you are off to a good start.

The guys like Versteeg, Sharp, Bolland and Brouwer are probably going to be moved because they need a goalie desperately. Even if they have to trade away 2 or 3 of the above mentioned guys the core group they have are tops in the league. John Madden was a great pick up and I believe he is a UFA but players like him can be had fairly cheap on a year to year basis. Aside from the goaltending issues they need to address Chicago is the real deal and will be for years to come.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page