Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Savard's Comeback

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9297 Posted - 04/21/2010 : 06:22:19
Reports are that Marc Savard has been giving medical clearence to rejoin the team.

If he can play will his return significantly help Boston or is it a case of wait iand see.

I think he would definately help the power play, but anymore than that I don't know.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 05/01/2010 : 20:08:45
@ Guest4050:

I'm not sure i'd say Boston have a 'better' goaltender this year. Not to mention, they still have Tim Thomas (that goaltender) from last year who can step in, and still be a good goaltender if need be.

Tuukka Rask has had an excellent season, don't get me wrong. But Thomas won the Vezina last year, which to me is a pretty darn good season. He has not performed to Vezina standards this season, but he has also not played a ton. Due to Rask taking over.

They are both (they being Rask & Thomas) talented goaltenders. But I'm not ready to say Rask is better than Thomas, the current Vezina owner. Thomas has more experience, which is the only edge I give him. He's not played awful this year, in my opinion. He just lost out to a rookie goaltender, playing better.

--

As for Savard coming back... of course this is a huge, huge boost for Boston. He is by far their most gifted and talented offensive minded player. He should help the powerplay immensely, and bring in some much needed play making. He's the type of guy who makes others around him, better. Because he can make a perfect pass, that generates something from nothing. Not to mention, he has the potential to net a few goals him self.

We seen what he brings to the table already... scoring the game winning goal in OT, in his first game back.

And what about Carcillo? I'll give him credit, he backs up his antics (at times.) He will do some fighting, although I have seen him back down to some guys he knew would own him. But, to grab a guy by the throat like he did, to me... should be a game misconduct. Cowardly thing to do, as seems more of a threat to me. Than anything.

So, to sum this up... I don't think Savard turns the Bruins in to a true Cup Contender this season. He no doubt helps this team immensely... but I still don't see them making it to the Cup Final, let alone taking Lord Stanley. They still lack the goal scoring that is going to be needed, especially when things really close up (if they make it to the next round).

They'll need to create something from nothing, on every play. They do not have the goal scorers who can do that, even with Savard setting them up.

Irvine/prez.
Guest2746 Posted - 05/01/2010 : 17:10:33
Nice goal Savy!!!!
Guest4050 Posted - 04/28/2010 : 17:33:21
With the return of Savard, does this make Boston a serious threat for the cup? I think it does. This is the same team that won the East last year except they have a better goaltender than they had last year. The only draw back is the don't have Kessel and his game breaking goals.
I think they can make some serious noise in these playoffs and if some breaks go their way, make the finals.
nuxfan Posted - 04/21/2010 : 12:02:01
quote:
Savard back.. what happened to Willie Mitchell the hit wasn't that bad!

It apparently was, cause he's not back. I've heard rumours all the way from "he's training again" to "career ending concussion". I recall that hit, at the time I thought it was pretty bad, but never did I imagine him out this long.

Sort of hijacking a thread - does anyone else have any info on Mitchell? He's UFA this year too, which will make it an interesting summer for him should he come back and be ready to play next year.

Savard - I'm not sure how a team can think the return of their top scorer and best player will not help them. Savard is critical to the success of Boston, no matter what has happened there since he got hurt.
Guest4271 Posted - 04/21/2010 : 11:30:32
Savard only been cleared to join the team( that means practice I guess ). He hasn't been cleared for game action yet.
Utemin Posted - 04/21/2010 : 11:26:42
Savard back.. what happened to Willie Mitchell the hit wasn't that bad!

The Monkey is me
ryan93 Posted - 04/21/2010 : 07:49:15
I think Savard will be a welcome addition. It's been a low scoring series so far, and the Bruins defense has been creating the majority of their offense. Their powerplay is 1-6 in the series, and that's where Marc Savard should really help out.

The Bruins are up in the series so i know you don't like messing with the chemistry too much, and Savard hasn't played in a while so you can't expect him to be anywhere close to 100%, but still, he's by far the teams best offensive player so it can't hurt.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page