Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Most hated Canadian Hockey Team

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9951 Posted - 05/15/2010 : 00:48:37
Which Canadian NHL team is the most hated

This is my personal choice (1 being the most hated, 6 being the most liked):

1. Vancouver
2. Edmonton
3. Toronto
4. Ottawa
5. Montreal
6. Calgary

Heres what I think the outcome will be:

1. Toronto
2. Montreal
3. Ottawa
4. Edmonton
5. Vancouver
6. Calgary

40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Clatts Posted - 04/30/2012 : 19:04:23
quote:
Originally posted by Cyclonis

quote:
Originally posted by Guest7961

steven harpers flames end of discussion

ZOMG LOL! Perfect! No i don't know why everyone seems to hate Van...seems strange to me. Like a backlash beacause they do have a good team.

Personally I dislike Kesler for his comments on the Canadian olympic team but whatevs as I think the Sedin's were they only guys on the ice last year who weren't cheap shotting everyone around them so...Ya Calgary! Keep cherry picking Iggy! You can make it!

Keep cherry picking those number 1 pics Edmonton...maybe one day you'll have a winning recored...

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Guest2992 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 17:37:17
Personaly I dislike The USA very much, they make hockey a gongshow and should be erased from the NHL.. And there anouncers SUCK ! IDIOTS
Guest2639 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 15:30:08
If it not Scottish it's crap.
Cyclonis Posted - 04/30/2012 : 09:51:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7961

ZOMG LOL! Perfect! No i don't know why everyone seems to hate Van...seems strange to me. Like a backlash beacause they do have a good team.

Personally I dislike Kesler for his comments on the Canadian olympic team but whatevs as I think the Sedin's were they only guys on the ice last year who weren't cheap shotting everyone around them so...Ya Calgary! Keep cherry picking Iggy! You can make it!
CaliforniaSeal Posted - 04/30/2012 : 08:18:40
Don't like any of the Canadian teams. I did like the Nordiques before they folded and the old Jets before they reformed with the worst logo ever. I also ued to like the Flames until I moved to Calgary.

My most hated Canadian teams go in this order:

Montreal
Ottawa

Edmonton
Winnipeg
Toronto
Vancouver
Calgary

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Clatts Posted - 04/30/2012 : 05:02:00
quote:
Originally posted by theraj662

There are two types of people in this world:

Those that are Habs fans, and those that are jealous.

End of discussion.

Jealous of how terrible you've been lately?

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
theraj662 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 03:44:27
There are two types of people in this world:

Those that are Habs fans, and those that are jealous.

End of discussion.
Guest9558 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 09:19:43
I would say Toronto is the most hated and the most loved of all the
Canadian teams. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Leafs do not inspire apathy.
Guest7752 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 08:30:22
I would have to say Calgary as a non-emotional pick for most hated Canadian team.
Nothing to do with the fans, or rivalries, etc...
Just due to the fact that management always "thinks" they have the right team to make a splash in playoffs, so they don't tweak or make changes. And when they do - they go back to signing players that they had previously let go. (Jokinen, Cammalleri)
How different is this team from 2008 to 2010 when you look at the top players?
So - therefore, that's my pick because not much progress has been made since this team "had" potential a few years ago...

As an emotional pick for most hated Canadian team - Leafs.
No explanation available... it emotional, and if it had to be put in writing, this server would have to be upgraded for more space.

Now if you consider hating a team for its fans, media, etc... then the most hated Canadian team would have to be a tie for Leafs, and Vancouver.
Leafs media, fans, etc... are the funniest to watch. They crap all over the team and always have solutions as if the solutions they think of will immediately solve everything.
"Fire Wilson" chants from fans and media forced Wilson out - and then what?
They boo their team, and when Kessel finally scores (even during the boos), they jump off their seats and cheer?
Vancouver media and fans have always been, and will always be bandwagon jumpers. They make national news when they are only winning - don't hear of them any other time.
The team has never won the cup, and only been "up there" at best. And when they do get "up there", they are too soft to finish the job and find excuses to compensate. This starts from the coach... he's over-rated and would be nowhere if it wasn't for some excellent players on this team today, and for a few years now. They should have had their names on the cup by now, but they have the wrong coach.

I know I've offended some sensitive posters here... but let's not get too offended... it just personal choices.
ryan93 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 07:51:43
I don't dislike any of the Canadian teams. Toronto is my favorite among the bunch, with Winnipeg I guess being my least favorite. There was a time when I hated the Ottawa Senators (back during the height of the battle of Ontario), but those days are long gone...

1. Winnipeg
2. Ottawa
3-6. In no order whatsoever...Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Vancouver
7. Toronto
Guest5034 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 07:41:44
?? I know we JUST came back, but thanks for leaving the Winnipeg Jets entirely out of this conversation....
Guest2058 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 06:15:00
Are you not forgetting the Winnipeg Jets? If yuo are looking at all Canadian Teams!
Guest8028 Posted - 04/01/2012 : 09:33:22
Living near edmonton and not drinking the kool-aid , oiler propaganda is laughable. They cant see the glory days are gone and not coming back. Why cant they see its not working and screem for change? The managment cant grasp the simplest league call up rules how can they function on more complex issues? Sad but fans not aware enough to demand action.
Guest0677 Posted - 01/16/2012 : 17:14:26
1. Toronto. It's not really the team's fault - it's the Toronto centric TCOTU crowd. I'm sick and tired of seeing Toronto on TV when there are other good Canadian teams on at the same time. This hatred goes back many years.

2. Calgary. Damned puck kicking cheating vermin.

3. Winnipeg, Edmonton, Montreal and Winnipeg in no particular order. These are all teams I can cheer for. Actually, in the playoffs I can cheer for any Canadian team, even 1 and 2 above.

7. Vancouver. Been a fan since their first season.
Mikey Boy Posted - 01/14/2012 : 09:24:20
#1 WINNIPEG JETS!!!!!
#7 leafs

MP
Guest8112 Posted - 01/14/2012 : 09:21:33
Where are the freak'en Jets????? Let's get your s*** together man! There r 7...count them 7 Canadian hockey teams. Jets r the best and the leafs sucks!
Guest0124 Posted - 01/14/2012 : 07:32:02
yeah keep hatin on canucks cause were the best in the league.......CBC CANADAS BEST CHANCE!!!!!!!!
Guest7692 Posted - 01/14/2012 : 04:45:28
Everyone should really cherish this moment with utmost sincerity, as Beans has not jumped on this opportunity, like he has done with every single other one, to rip on the Canucks. I am sort of in shock actually... Praise the Lord Stanley!
Guest4306 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 22:48:42
Patrick Roy was a prima Donna, and he was disrespectful to his coach. That's why Habs fans booed him!
Guest6441 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 09:50:08
How can anybody like the Montreal Canadiens? The way the fans "boo" their own players and drive them out of Montreal. Look what they did to Patrick Roy. They're the worst fans in the NHL. No support at all.
Guest6978 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 02:29:38
Canucks are still in better shape than all the other Canadian cities whether or not they won the cup last year is irrelevant to that and so jealous fans can go suck it.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 01/09/2012 : 18:45:07
Thank you Despensier, that may be one of the most well written and enjoyable posts I have read in here in a long time. I am an Oiler fan, but agree, it would be nice to see ANY Canadian team win the cup and allow a country`s passion to show!

Despensier Posted - 01/09/2012 : 16:54:29
Interesting topic; filled with passion like most Canadian hockey fans are but also containing its fair share of inaccuracies. None of us are perfect but this is one I could not let pass:

"Ottawa is another loser who's Never won anything but a new coach,lol"

Funny but not quite true.

Please see -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stanley_Cup_champions (or similar): The defunct version of the Ottawa Senators had five Stanley Cup appearances winning four of them (1920, 1921, 1923, 1927; lost in 1915). The modern version to which you are undoubtedly referring has one appearance and, to be sure, they lost.

I'm not a huge Senators fan these days but I'm with our friend from New Brunswick -- I don't hate any Canadian team. In fact, I can't wait for ANY Canadian team to win a Stanley Cup again.
It's been too long!

But to return to the topic which, as I recall, was "Which Canadian NHL team is the most hated", it seems pretty clear the list should be similar to this (most hated to least hated):

1. Toronto or Montreal or (currently) Vancouver (crab bucket syndrome)

4. Edmonton or Calgary (only hated by each others' fans?)

6. Ottawa (only maligned by Leafs fans? Possibly by Habs fans this year?)

7. Winnipeg (I think we all want them to stay this time but the way they've been playing, probably fans of SE division teams must loathe them! Once realignment happens, probably Calgary and Edmonton fans will have a new hate dance partner, especially since Vancouver will be shifted out of the NW division to the Pacific one or whatever it/they become).

Quebec (City) and Hamilton too when GB gets his head out of his...but, well, I digress.

(See: http://www.mowatcentre.ca/research-topic-mowat.php?mowatResearchID=31. This is a recent study that convincingly argues that Canada can support TWELVE teams!)

Hard-core fans of any team tend to hate their rivals. Nothing new there.

But throughout my life I've been a Leafs fan, a Habs fan, an Oilers fan, (I was happy for the Flames when they won,) a Leafs fan again (even though they didn't win), then a Penguins fan, and a Hawks fan. I've even liked the Sabres and the Sens from time to time. OK, for my BC friends, a Ca-nuckle-head too. I’ve gained a little perspective.

I just love great hockey and whichever team is playing that gets my vote.

Since I'm an "old" guy, in my lifetime the Leafs have won the Cup three times; the Habs 12; the Oils 5; the Flames once; the Penquins thrice and the Hawks but once; the Sabres and Sens, not a sausage. (If you do the math you’ll be able to figure out how old I am! :-P)

I don't necessarily consider myself a bandwagon-jumper though some of you (maybe most) will accuse of being one: I'm just a Canadian Hockey Fan. There's no doubt we're knowledgeable and passionate about "our" sport.

So just like most of you, I love hockey and will watch any team play any other team any time.

The NHL is majority-populated by Canadian players anyway, regardless of franchise, which is why I play fantasy hockey. On this website.

GO CANADA!

Now someone (besides individual players playing for American teams) bring us home the Cup. 'Nuff said.

(And thank you for your indulgence if you’ve made it this far!)

"There is nothing so uncertain as a sure thing." -- Scotty Bowman
Guest9289 Posted - 01/09/2012 : 13:21:27
So the Canucks have alot in common with the Washington Capitals. big deal. Win something that someone cares about.
Guest4803 Posted - 01/09/2012 : 12:22:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8159

quote:
Originally posted by NucksFan444

Whats with all the hate against Vancouver? May I remind you that we, along with the Canadians, have taken a huge step towards bringing the cup to Canada. In fact, who can argue with the fact that Vancouver has a very decent shot this year. And to the people that think that us Vancouver fans have no class, that is completely false.From the Sedins donating 1.5 million dollars to the BC Children's Hospital, to Hamuis taking time out of his schedule to maintain his friendship with his good friend dealing with Downs Syndrome. And the odd strange behavior doesn't make us as a group horrible. Sure the Green Men are a little quirky but it adds character to our team. At least we don't continue throw waffles on the ice, or boo Chara every time he touches the puck. I forget the exact game, but for a game in the Boston series(the one with the early disallowed goal), the fans were just out of control. Also, to the people who are bothered by the fact that the Canucks Fans chant "Lou" after every time he touches the puck, actually watch a Vancouver game and you'll see that you are exaggerating completely. Bottom line, stop hating the Canucks, and admit that your jealous that were doing great and your team cant even make the playoffs.

Canucks eh, How many times have they won the Stanley ? Sorry my friend, we have NOOO reason to be jealous of the Canucks.
They've only made the playoffs recently, maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 15 yrs and all hell breaks lose up there when they lose. All those fool fans going nuts and tearing down the city, over a game, ohh and Ottawa is another loser who's Never won anything but a new coach,lol. As I remember all the other teams have won a cup or multiple cupS like the Canadians, Maple Leafs, Oilers.. So maybe it was a century ago, but at least WE WON hahahahaha[ xx(]
Canucks, they like to tie a carrot on a stick and lead you fans to run and get all exited for Nothing...

only made the playoffs 3 or 4 tmes in 15 years? how about only won the Division 4 out of the last 5 years ..
Guest8159 Posted - 01/09/2012 : 06:51:39
quote:

Whats with all the hate against Vancouver? May I remind you that we, along with the Canadians, have taken a huge step towards bringing the cup to Canada. In fact, who can argue with the fact that Vancouver has a very decent shot this year. And to the people that think that us Vancouver fans have no class, that is completely false.From the Sedins donating 1.5 million dollars to the BC Children's Hospital, to Hamuis taking time out of his schedule to maintain his friendship with his good friend dealing with Downs Syndrome. And the odd strange behavior doesn't make us as a group horrible. Sure the Green Men are a little quirky but it adds character to our team. At least we don't continue throw waffles on the ice, or boo Chara every time he touches the puck. I forget the exact game, but for a game in the Boston series(the one with the early disallowed goal), the fans were just out of control. Also, to the people who are bothered by the fact that the Canucks Fans chant "Lou" after every time he touches the puck, actually watch a Vancouver game and you'll see that you are exaggerating completely. Bottom line, stop hating the Canucks, and admit that your jealous that were doing great and your team cant even make the playoffs.

Canucks eh, How many times have they won the Stanley ? Sorry my friend, we have NOOO reason to be jealous of the Canucks.
They've only made the playoffs recently, maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 15 yrs and all hell breaks lose up there when they lose. All those fool fans going nuts and tearing down the city, over a game, ohh and Ottawa is another loser who's Never won anything but a new coach,lol. As I remember all the other teams have won a cup or multiple cupS like the Canadians, Maple Leafs, Oilers.. So maybe it was a century ago, but at least WE WON hahahahaha[ xx(]
Canucks, they like to tie a carrot on a stick and lead you fans to run and get all exited for Nothing...
Guest4895 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 23:49:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9951

Which Canadian NHL team is the most hated

This is my personal choice (1 being the most hated, 6 being the most liked):

1. Vancouver
2. Edmonton
3. Toronto
4. Ottawa
5. Montreal
6. Calgary

Heres what I think the outcome will be:

1. Toronto
2. Montreal
3. Ottawa
4. Edmonton
5. Vancouver
6. Calgary

Guest4178 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 12:57:45
Very funny Open_Ice!

While you may have put an end to the silliness, I was kinda curious to see how far this would continue! :)
Open_Ice Posted - 01/06/2012 : 12:46:11
...and a partridge in a pear tree!

Wait, I'm doing this wrong aren't I.
Guest7961 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 11:11:47
milton merchants
Guest7961 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 11:11:00
markham waxers
Guest7961 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 11:10:14
saint catherines tee pees
Guest7961 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 11:09:27
peterborough T P T's
Guest7961 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 11:00:46
Alex116 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 07:55:25
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice

In fact, Montreal has never won the President's Trophy and has not made it to the Stanley Cup finals since that time 18 years ago in 1993.

While true, this is a little misleading. The President's trophy has only been around since the mid 80's and only 15 different teams have won it. It's not like Montreal has never come first, in fact you'd only have to go back about 6-7 years to the late 70's where i'm sure they came 1st overall in the league, likely a few times.

Open_Ice Posted - 01/05/2012 : 02:28:26
Hmm I stand corrected... Thanks to Guest4178 for pointing out that Montreal won in 1993 which means that technically I was alive for a Stanley Cup win.. (though too young to understand what was actually going on)

From what I gather, Guest4178 is basically saying "Hey, it's only been 18+ years since Montreal won a cup!"

In fact, Montreal has never won the President's Trophy and has not made it to the Stanley Cup finals since that time 18 years ago in 1993.

In the meantime, every single other Canadian team (with the exception of Toronto) has made the finals since 2004.
Calgary 2004
Edmonton 2006
Ottawa 2007
Vancouver 2011

For me, Montreal has not been the #1 Canadian team in a long time...
Guest4974 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 15:52:49
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0459

THE HABS JUST PLAIN SUCK,EVERYONE HATES THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL PART OF QUEBEC AND AS WE ALL KNOW QUEBEC IS ALWAYS THREATNING TO SEPERATE,THEY MIGHT AS WELL TAKE THE HABS WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A PART OF REAL CANADA ANYWAY,I WILL NEVER BE A HABS FAN,I WILL HOWEVER CHEER FOR TEAM CANADA IN THE OLYMPICS EVERYTIME!
THE HABS SUCK,SUCK SUCK AND JUST PLAIN SUCK JUST LIKE THE WCLC FIXED LOTTERYS,REGARDS A SASKATOONIAN SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW!

You should help us to separate. It would be better for you, and for us. VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE!!
You canadiens are so afraid of Quebec!
Guest4178 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 14:09:11
I don't understand "Open–Ice's" comment about Montreal: "I haven't been alive long to see you win anything." Then you haven't been alive long enough to see any Canadian team win the cup.

Montreal is the last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup, which they did in 1993. So the Habs fans do have something do brag about, aside from being the team with the most Stanley Cup wins of all time. (And by a wide margin.)

I'm neither a Habs fan or a non-Habs fan, and while I kinda understand people rooting against the best team (or a team with a rich history like Montreal), there seems to be a bit of envy involved when stating a hate for certain teams.

I'm a hockey fan, so I find it hard to hate specific teams, especially Canadian teams. (Because Canadian teams have Canadian fans.) Players move around so much, and aside from that, every team has players to like, as well as players to hate. Sure, some teams have more goofballs that other teams, but take Vancouver for example. I don't like the way Alex Burrows or Maxim Lapierre play, but a lot of teams have agitators. On the other hand, I think the Sedins are great players (and classy players), so it's hard not to admire or respect them as players.

I'm not saying that I don't cheer for a particular team, but I'm just past the "our team's great, and your team sucks" stage of my life.
Open_Ice Posted - 01/04/2012 : 13:16:55
1. Toronto (Every week the majority of Canadians think "I want to watch my team, not yours" or "why are they only talking about the leafs in the intermission? they aren't even playing and they aren't even a playoff team!")

2. Vancouver (I think the most hated team in North America now, they only seem to win by drawing a 'questionable' penalty and then scoring on the powerplay)

3. Montreal (I haven't been alive long enough to see you win anything, why do your fans think you're the best team every year?)

---HUGE GAP---

4. Ottawa (They are closest to Toronto & Montreal and are playing better / have promising young guns -jealousy maybe?)

5. Calgary (Leafs fans seem to hate them just because the leafs traded with them and apparently which ever team gets more points won the trade?)

6. Edmonton (What can I say, how can you hate a team that hasn't been a threat in a while)

7. Winnipeg (No rivalries yet, nobody is really worried about them)
Alex116 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 11:28:25
Where do you people come from???

First this....
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6463

quote:

if your trying to say that the canucks fans are good, then could you explain the riot to me please? :)

Buddy, go look up all the threads from last June/July on the topic, and maybe you'll have a better understanding. NO ONE wants to rehash that entire topic again.

Then this....

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2978

Has Winnipeg been sold to the USA and I didn't hear about it?

Look at the freakin' date the original post was made. FYI, Winnipeg didn't have a franchise when the poll was made.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page