Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Introductions
 2011 Winter Classic

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/28/2010 : 11:19:08
The 2010- 2011 Winter classic is the Washington Capitals vs the Pittsburgh Penguins.What do you think.

RESIGN MARLEAU
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zara678 Posted - 01/21/2011 : 21:38:43
its cool i really like it
irvine Posted - 05/31/2010 : 16:36:40
This is off-topic, however I just noticed this while reading this post... so I will ask here.

@Jumbo Joe Rocks:

For your signature, do you mean 'Re-sign Marleau' or, do you really mean 'Resign Mearleau'.

The first being, for the Sharks to Re-sign Patrick Marleau to a new contract. Where the latter, is for Marleau to hang up the skates and call it a career (quit).

Just wondering.

Irvine/prez.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/31/2010 : 06:33:00
Would be better....

Toronto vs. Ottawa @ BMO Field, Toronto

Toronto vs. NY Rangers @ BMO Field, Toronto

NY Rangers vs. Detroit @ Meadowlands Stadium, NY

Detroit vs. Toronto @ BMO Field, Toronto

Oh...Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment owns BMO Field too, so it would actually cost half the price of playing anywehere else. No "Stadium Rental / Leasing fees"
Sensfan101 Posted - 05/30/2010 : 12:10:45
An Ottawa-Toronto game on the canal would be so cool. Not sure if thats possible though.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
irvine Posted - 05/28/2010 : 21:28:00
Perhaps it is too early for another Penguins outdoor game.

But, we have to admit that Washington / Pittsburgh games are always entertaining these days, so why not just enjoy it?

We know there will be another one next year, and likely the year after, and after that. As long as it is generating income, which it is and likely will continue to do, it's going to be there.

As for the Montreal vs Calgary one, i'm not sold on this one. To me, it should have been (if it had to be two Canadian teams), Ottawa VS Toronto, or Toronto vs Montreal to begin with.

But, if the product on the ice produces during this game, I'm all for it. I just don't think Calgary vs Montreal will be all that exciting to watch, personally. WSH/PIT always is, so i'm all for it.

Irvine/prez.
Beans15 Posted - 05/28/2010 : 19:35:00
McMahon Stadium, home of the Calgary Stampeders.

I like the idea of another outdoor game in Canada, but I agree that TO should be involved in this one. Why Montreal again??

Secondly, the US one should also include some different teams. Pitt was there just a couple of seasons ago. Why not Washington against the Rangers??

As much as I like Pitt and Crosby, I don't like them in the Winter Classic so soon. I mean, a team or a player is not bigger than the game. It reminds me of the NBA who put all their eggs in Michael Jordan's basket and when he walked away they had nothing to market against.

Bettman needs to not force the Crosby/Ovechkin rivalry. Just let it happen and market the game and it's players, not just a couple of players.
Deaner Posted - 05/28/2010 : 15:24:33
that sucks it should be toronto vs montreal and calgary vs edmonton. pitty just had one give it to some canadian teams this year...
Pasty7 Posted - 05/28/2010 : 11:48:34
its confirmed by tsn Calgary Montreal at Mcahoon stadium (or something like that) and Pens vs. Caps at Heinz stadium

Pasty
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/28/2010 : 11:28:54
BS....there are a lot of other teams that should be in this one...

Too quick for the Pens to be playing in another one...
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/28/2010 : 11:20:06
I think the Crosby vs Ovi will be cool to watch.

RESIGN MARLEAU

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page