Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Rivalry in the NHL?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/26/2010 : 08:14:58
Which two teams truly hate each otehr the most?...(In your mind) lol

"Pain heels, chicks dig scars, but glory...glory lasts forever"
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 09:29:36
quote:
Originally posted by FLYING -V

Maybe i'm just out of it , but i've never really noticed too much hate between the wings and preds. So i'm questioning their presence on this list

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!

i was in Nashville in november to see a habs preds game then a titans bills game and the thing about the preds and wings is there was a gm plant put in Nashville and all sorts of Detroit locals were transferd there, hence Detroit fans in Nashville,, the Nashvillians i spoke with call them pred wing fans because they go to most of the preds games and the only sell outs in Nashville are wings preds games.,... where the wings fans are the majority, hence the hatred of preds fans towards wing fans ,, because the wings fans take over the preds rink ,, which btw is actually a really nice rink at a absolutly amazing location

Pasty
Guest9169 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 09:05:02
What about Tampa Bay and Florida? Don't they have some sort of state rivalry?
Guest9232 Posted - 06/08/2010 : 06:21:08
anyone that says Montreal and the Leafs aren't a good rivalry are pretty young.. check the 60's. Both teams dominated the cup.. they had to have built a rivalry back then.. but yeah since then not so much I would agree so I'd have to go with Habs/Boston. The Habs have had some wicked games with them over the years and I SO loaaaaaathe the Booins!
Guest6483 Posted - 06/03/2010 : 15:46:30
the battle of ontario
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/31/2010 : 08:24:38
Ducks-Sharks

RESIGN PATTY
FLYING -V Posted - 05/28/2010 : 16:44:27
Maybe i'm just out of it , but i've never really noticed too much hate between the wings and preds. So i'm questioning their presence on this list

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/28/2010 : 16:40:19
Detroit-San Jose/and sometimes San Jose-Chicago

RESIGN MARLEAU
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 05/27/2010 : 13:36:07
Battle of Alberta; easy

09-10 is the first season that one team has ever swept the other; and games are always pretty gritty. AND Souray broke his hand on Iginla's face! I'm 90% sure that guy is a robot.

And who doesn't like Blue Shirts vs Red Shirts?

T.O/ Montreal; and Pens/ Caps are the runners up

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Deaner Posted - 05/27/2010 : 12:30:42
Ya the boston and montreal games get pretty hairy too, I like how the washington and pitty games are getting more and more gritty too. Any rivalry is good for the NHL...
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/27/2010 : 07:18:23
Agreed, even though recent games between the Bruins and Habs have been serious battles....over the years, few NHL Rivalries come close to matching that of the Leafs and Canadiens.

The only thing I can really compare it to is the rivalry between the Yankees and Red Sox.

Both the Leafs and Habs take their game to different levels when they play each other, and whether its in Toronto, or in Montreal...the arena is always electric!
Deaner Posted - 05/27/2010 : 06:14:17
I agree with you matt. watching a montreal vs toronto game is like watching your two favourite fighters go at it for the belt every time, you can feel it in your stomache. Now thats good hockey...
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/26/2010 : 12:48:08
No rivalry in hockey has as rich of a history as Montreal/Toronto. It goes beyond just hockey, its anglo ontario vs french quebec.

While the two teams havent met in the playoffs since 79, and the leafs havent made the playoffs the past 5 seasons, I think that the hate between Hab and Leaf fans will burn forever as both consider themselves the hockey mecca.

dont mean to knock other cities or teams, but hockey without montreal and toronto just isnt hockey.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
irvine Posted - 05/26/2010 : 11:17:21
I too believe the Habs/Bruins one is a good rivalry.

Irvine/prez.
Axey Posted - 05/26/2010 : 10:05:56
I gotta go with Habs/Bruins, Leafs just aren't a good enough team the last couple seasons to make it seem intense or give a chance of the teams meeting in the playoffs.

The Habs play the Bruins pretty well every playoffs, and I think as of rigth now I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page