Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Montreal Canadians Will have a Captain!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 07/16/2010 : 11:27:03
According to the Montreal Gazette and RDS, coach Jacques Martin has Declared the habs will have a Captain for the 2010-2012 regular seasons debut on october 7th. So who is it gonna be?

Pasty
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 07/22/2010 : 11:57:34
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Leafs81[/i]
[br]I voted for Gionta. I don't really know who steps up in the dressing room but Gionta has the experience and the respect from other players, he seems to have the hability to take on the pressure, and he's skill enough so the fans wont pick on him. Cammalleri should concentrate on scoring goal, like others said, and Gorges, well maybe he could be a great captain but I think you need to be a great franchise player in order to be the leader of a great franchise like MTL. Some montreal fans thought even Koivu wasn't skill enough to be their captain.

Even though I don't like how everyteam puts their top players as captain it seems like for history sake you can't just give the C to a 3rd or fourth d or a third or fourth liner. Especially in a team with such a rich history as the Canadiens.

plus it will bge very funny to see 5ft 6 Gionta Standing Next to 6ft 4 Phaneuf after a scrum talking to the ref's lol

Pasty
Leafs81 Posted - 07/22/2010 : 11:54:22
I voted for Gionta. I don't really know who steps up in the dressing room but Gionta has the experience and the respect from other players, he seems to have the hability to take on the pressure, and he's skill enough so the fans wont pick on him. Cammalleri should concentrate on scoring goal, like others said, and Gorges, well maybe he could be a great captain but I think you need to be a great franchise player in order to be the leader of a great franchise like MTL. Some montreal fans thought even Koivu wasn't skill enough to be their captain.

Even though I don't like how everyteam puts their top players as captain it seems like for history sake you can't just give the C to a 3rd or fourth d or a third or fourth liner. Especially in a team with such a rich history as the Canadiens.
Guest7752 Posted - 07/22/2010 : 11:09:05
hal gill
redneck76ca Posted - 07/20/2010 : 15:17:16
quote:
[i]Originally posted by nuxfan[/i]
[br]I'm always wary of teams that simply make their best player captain. I'm not saying that Cammarelli doesn't deserve it, perhaps he does. But to give him the captainacy just because he scored the most goals is not the wisest move. Having the C can have adverse effects on players, especially in a Canadian market. You don't want Cammarelli to suddenly stop scoring all those goals.

I don't know Georges that well, so can't really comment. But if he is that sort of quiet leader and has been a captain before, then perhaps he is a good choice. Let him take the pressure off the other guys so they keep doing their thing. I'm a fan of giving the C to the true leader, not the true scorer.

His name is spelled Gorges for those that don't know. I wouldn't mind having Gorges take the captaincy. I want as much pressure off of my goal scorers.
nuxfan Posted - 07/19/2010 : 08:31:28
I'm always wary of teams that simply make their best player captain. I'm not saying that Cammarelli doesn't deserve it, perhaps he does. But to give him the captainacy just because he scored the most goals is not the wisest move. Having the C can have adverse effects on players, especially in a Canadian market. You don't want Cammarelli to suddenly stop scoring all those goals.

I don't know Georges that well, so can't really comment. But if he is that sort of quiet leader and has been a captain before, then perhaps he is a good choice. Let him take the pressure off the other guys so they keep doing their thing. I'm a fan of giving the C to the true leader, not the true scorer.
Pasty7 Posted - 07/19/2010 : 08:11:40
their three best options in my opinion are, Cammalleri, Georges and Gionta, in that order, all three of these guys should have a letter at the very least, Georges was Captain in Junior and apprently he is a great quite captain that leads by example,, and he would be my first choice by far if Cammalleri hadn't done everything right to get ym vote, A he speak extremly well to the media and even after a bad game is out there and ready to face the music, he always is their to say the right thing for a teamate,, He is doing a great job with the young guys, apparently he has been Golfing regularly with Subban, and even took Lars Eller out on the links since he was traded to MTL, not to mention when the chips were down in the playoffs he put the team on his back,, ever notice how focused he is being for a game,, and how often (espcially during the playoffs) he goes out their and gets the first goal of the game,, just a winner all the way around with a winningattitude,, imo their is no way he cant wear the C

Pasty
MrBoogedy Posted - 07/18/2010 : 21:44:28
I think Cammalleri will get it. He's the purest goal scorer Montreal has seen in years, and seems like he has the heart and attitude to lead. Gorges is apparently the unsung captain of the locker room, but i don't think alot of the fans would like to see him sporting the C because he's not a highlight reel player. Carey Price? Not even worth commenting on.
irvine Posted - 07/18/2010 : 21:20:34
Carey Price as Captain? EEEEEEKKKKK.

In no way, should Montreal proclaim Price as their Captain. By NHL rules, he can not 'officially' be Captain. They could do what Vancouver has, and utilize 3 Assistant Captains, while Luongo is known as their unofficial Captain. Which, I don't think is working great in Vancouver.

And, certainly will not work in Montreal. Price is not a leader. And naming him Captain, won' t help his cause any. Price is already feeling the pressure of Montreal, and he has failed (to an extent), under that pressure. Making him the Captain, the kid will likely fall apart completely. At this point, he still atleast has a chance. Name him Captain, and I forsee a huge failure in the works.

Not to mention, no one wants Price (in MTL dressing room), telling them how to do things. To me, Price is fairly lazy. I also find he takes playing in the NHL for granted, or so it seems. He does not put the work in, that is needed to compete at the top level every game. He's going on natural talents alone. Not natural talent, coupled with hard work and better that talent.

Price as Captain, equals ultimate team failure. Also, it equals Price melting down.

Irvine/prez.
Guest9729 Posted - 07/18/2010 : 20:11:31
Carey Price

Hell this franchise has already destroyed this young goaltender.

This could be the franchises way of telling him to rise to the challenge and become that next great goal tender for the bleu, blanc et rouge.

If he does not rise to the challenge than the great fans will run him out of town. Hope he can run faster than they riot though
redneck76ca Posted - 07/17/2010 : 16:06:56
quote:
[i]Originally posted by nuxfan[/i]
[br]maybe its because i live out west and don't get a lot of habs coverage...but I don't recall having heard markov ever speak. does he have the chops to face the media after every game and answer questions/criticism? is he a leader in the locker room?

i'm genuinely asking btw, i don't know the answers. i hear cammarelli talking a lot, and gionta on occasion.

Markov has not been a big media guy but that would have to change. As far as in the dressing room, all I have heard is good things.
nuxfan Posted - 07/17/2010 : 09:17:48
maybe its because i live out west and don't get a lot of habs coverage...but I don't recall having heard markov ever speak. does he have the chops to face the media after every game and answer questions/criticism? is he a leader in the locker room?

i'm genuinely asking btw, i don't know the answers. i hear cammarelli talking a lot, and gionta on occasion.
redneck76ca Posted - 07/17/2010 : 02:49:08
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Sensfan101[/i]
[br]I really think Gorges emerged as the leader of this team during the playoffs. I highly doubt he will be named captain but if he did I think it would be a great choice.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Personally, I think that Markov should be the man. I know that there was a lot of grumbling when he reportedly turned it down last year, but I think that he is ready to take on that role. Markov will become a Canadian citizen this year, and I think this is a move to soldify his captaincy. IMHO, he deserves it, and he will step up with the C. Markov had always played his best when he played on the edge with a physical element. I think that the captaincy will make him take ownership of the team, and force him to play a grittier style which brings out his best. My opinion is definitely skewed by the fact that I am a long time Habs fan and Markov is a long time Hab; whereas, Gomez, Gionta and Cammi are new Habs.

If it had to be one of the new Habs, I'd most like to see Gionta or Gomez get the C, most preferably Gomez. I don't want any added pressure on my goals scorers. Cammi and Gionta will lead by scoring a combined 70 goals.

Ranking of preference for the Captaincy:
Markov
Plekanec
Gomez
Gionta
Gorges
Cammi
Sensfan101 Posted - 07/16/2010 : 22:25:50
I really think Gorges emerged as the leader of this team during the playoffs. I highly doubt he will be named captain but if he did I think it would be a great choice.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Deaner Posted - 07/16/2010 : 19:05:10
i went with gionta but i was thinkin maybe markov due to the experience and the fact that he is a canadian citizen now haha
irvine Posted - 07/16/2010 : 18:24:58
I'm the same.

It's either Cammalleri or Gionta. To me, Gionta leads the way slightly.

Far behind both, but closer than other is perhaps Markov.

Irvine/prez.
nuxfan Posted - 07/16/2010 : 13:26:05
I guessed Gionta. Hard to say though, who else on the Habs other than Gionta and Cammerelli are captain material? I usually look for the character vet guy to fill that role, but no one really stands out... Gionta is already an A, so you have to think that the C will be a promotion for one of the A's.
Tiller33 Posted - 07/16/2010 : 11:32:04
Probabaly be Cammalleri, but it shouldn't be. Don't know who it should be but not him. Carey Price maybe?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page