Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Can Willie Mitchell Survive?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 08/26/2010 : 14:56:35
WIllie Mitchell just signed a 2 year deal with the LA Kings. Will he complete his new contract without further serious injury?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
umteman Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:44:37
ha ha, dream on. Isn't he nursing an injury right now?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
leigh Posted - 08/27/2010 : 17:08:04
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

By the way, Slozo, can you spot me a G??? I will use my avatar as collateral. Cool???

----------------
LOL!!! Nice one!

I can't really see him making it through the contract without a major injury, or many small ones. By this I mean being out 20 games or more due to injury. FYI he's only once played a full 82 games. Once you have a severe head injury, like the one he suffered this past year, it is tough to get back and stay back. Especially if he does not adjust his game style. He's not a huge guy and he plays bigger than he is (good for him!) but the Kings hired him to keep playing his game and he will. So this will mean he's is succeptible to his usual injury list.

Personally I think he's a stand up guy and when he's on his game there are not too many guys that have his defensive abilty (his hockey stick must be over 6 feet long!!!) But I think his best years are behind him and he will not be able to play full seasons. I hope he does though.
Beans15 Posted - 08/26/2010 : 20:23:11
It's Bernier's season. Quick is going to tank early and the Kid will save them.

And Kopitar is for real. Especially is Smyth is healthy all season. Both are PPG or better if both healthy.

By the way, Slozo, can you spot me a G??? I will use my avatar as collateral.

Cool???
n/a Posted - 08/26/2010 : 20:02:00
Would not be a bad bet, Beans, except for one thing: unproven goaltending. And, Kopitar for real?

It's a crapshoot year to year . . . but really, a g-note? A thousand bucks? If you can afford that, well, good luck dude.

I agree though, LA's D is fearsome when healthy - they would beat Vancouver at this point with everyone in the lineup.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 08/26/2010 : 18:29:48
Not even considering the Concussion issue, which first surfaced in 2002 and has kept him out of the line up 3 separate times, he has also had issues with his groin for nearly a decade as well as knees, wrists, ribs, and the dreaded "upper body" injury.

That being said, the 2 year deal for $3.5 million per is fair. If he is hurt and can't play long term than no worries. If he is healthy, he is a great shut down guy that can help any blue line.

I say he played less than 60 games in each season but plays his part and moves the Kings ahead. Honestly, I really like their blue line today. Offensive guys like Johnson and Doughty. Defensive guys like Green and Mitchell. That's a nice top 4.

Healthy is the key, but healthy and this team is dangerous. I am thinking about dropping a G-Note in Vegas on the Kings. Gotta be about 30-1.
nuxfan Posted - 08/26/2010 : 16:54:37
hard to say really... Willie plays a physical game, and 2 years is a long time. He may not get another concussion, but he's certainly open to other types of serious injuries.

I voted yes, only because I wish him well.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page