Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Worst Fans In Canada

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0844 Posted - 03/17/2007 : 12:50:20
Who do you think has the worst fans in Canada.
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
polishexpress Posted - 11/09/2010 : 14:18:09
IMO, all hockey fans are pretty weak when it comes to the regular season.

I think all Canadian teams rock the house during the playoffs, though.

If anyone is interested, here's a youtube clip of how real fans-and I mean fans in the sense of "fanatics"- act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMY6Au6e9Ak&feature=related

The clip is of a Polish soccer team's fans in Warsaw. The stadium holds about 33,609, so average for a soccer(football stadium). So imagine half the intensity for a comparison to an NHL game, and I think it still beats any NHL cheering.

The thing that is crazy about the clip is that they are attending a charity game! Though they don't do the flags and murals things often, they do chant like that at most games.

Can you imagine if an NHL game would have people cheering like that?
Alex116 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 09:26:20
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8701

Ottawa has the worst fans, Don't seel out allow their captain to get booed at home whenever the leafs vist.

Hands down Leaf fans are the best. Not the ones who can afford to go to the ACC but the ones who traverl to OTT MTL and BUFF and take over the rink!

No other fanbase can / does do that regularly

NEVER have leaf fans ever taken over the Montreal's rink never in my life time.... can i repeat myself NEVER EVER NEVER! the Bell center is a sea of red when the habs play period...

Pasty

Pasty....that's what many Leaf fans believe about a lot of opposing rinks. I hear their claims all the time here when we play them. "Us Leaf fans were louder, blah, blah, blah". I will admit, the Leafs have a huge following here but it's certainly not many making the commute from TO to take over our arena! Not with the cost of air travel in our own freakin' country (that's another topic i should avoid cuz it drives me nuts). While often during Leaf games here, you do hear "go Leafs go" chants momentarily, they're almost immediately drowned out by the Vancouver fans. It'd be almost impossible for there to be more Leaf fans here than Canuck fans at a Vancouver Canucks game!
BTW, same goes with the Habs fans here. There are thousands of them and they def make their presence felt when the Habs are in town!
Thing is, it's not that surprising. My Dad's a huge Montreal fan, but born and raised here. He didn't have the Canucks as a kid and chose to follow the Habs because of that. I cheered for them as well growing up but eventually took to the Canucks. Makes sense that there'd be many Montreal and TO fans here for similar reasons!

Pasty7 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 03:03:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8701

Ottawa has the worst fans, Don't seel out allow their captain to get booed at home whenever the leafs vist.

Hands down Leaf fans are the best. Not the ones who can afford to go to the ACC but the ones who traverl to OTT MTL and BUFF and take over the rink!

NEVER have leaf fans ever taken over the Montreal's rink never in my life time.... can i repeat myself NEVER EVER NEVER! the Bell center is a sea of red when the habs play period...

Pasty
Statman Posted - 11/09/2010 : 01:05:01
Which Canadian city has the worst fans??

This has to be the biggest troll topic ever! This was probably posted by some American from Phoenix or Atlanta or whichever other city is having attendance problems at the moment. He has his feet up on the empty seat in front of him and his laptop on the empty seat beside him and he's laughing his butt off while reading your posts.

Canadian fans rock!!! If you don't believe that, go to any city in the country where Team Canada is playing! End of story.
TheRC Posted - 11/08/2010 : 11:32:50
Cite poor Toronto fans all you want, just don't forget that very few "fans" get the good seats at the ACC. A huge portion of the lower bowl seats are owned by corporations and filled on a nightly basis with jerks who are there to cement business deals and would rather spend the first 10 minutes of each period eating sushi rather than watching the game. It is absolutely dead down there, and I much prefer sitting up high where the tickets are still outrageously priced, but at least start to fall within the price range of the sort of fan who doesn't mind swilling beer and shouting all game long.

Considering who owns a lot of the season tickets at the ACC, the impressive thing isn't that the Leafs sell out every game no matter what, despite the fact that the team hasn't won anything for decades, it's the fact that they could probably double or triple the arena capacity and there would still be people who want tickets but couldn't buy them at the gate.

Add that to the fact that those true Leaf fans who can't afford the disgusting ACC prices (further marked up by scalpers) flood the arenas in Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo and even Florida whenever their team hits the road, I'd say those are pretty good fans.

Sure you have the morons who jump on and off the bandwagon, and talk up every mediocre addition to the team as if he were going to single-handedly win the cup, but that's just what happens when you mix passion and an IQ below 85.

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail"
Guest8701 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 10:01:24

nuxfan Posted - 11/08/2010 : 08:33:48
quote:

Vancouver fans are disrespectful ie: Laser pointer, Green people (although they are hilarious!).

oh come on! How can you not like 2 dudes in head-to-toe green leotard dancing right outside the visiting player's penalty box? Thats just good hockey fun, I love those guys!

For those of you that haven't seen this little slice of Vancouver awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ICMRAUEoE
Awesome One Posted - 11/08/2010 : 05:24:19
I hate to admit it, but I have a dislike for four Canadian teams.

Montreal gets clouded by their old traditions and can't admit they haven't won a cup since 1993.

Vancouver fans are disrespectful ie: Laser pointer, Green people (although they are hilarious!).

I am a Flames fan so Edmonton just naturally seems horrid to me.

And Toronto is just Toronto!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Guest8683 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 00:16:08
It HAS to be Montreal! Those idiots will burn down their own city at playoff time, win or lose. At the beginning of the season, they all booed Price. Now he's their hero. Bunch of no-mind idiots.
Alex116 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 22:16:07
Beans, as far as i've seen, never denies disliking the Canucks and admits this bias when discussing them. I'll give him that much!

And Beans, as far as our anthem singer, how can you not love a guy with a cumberbund big enough to double as a car seat cover? All kidding aside, i don't mind him overall, but let's face it, he's just an anthem singer and ANY anthem singer who can get a crowd involved (especially in Canada), is pretty good in my mind!

Having said that, i'd be willing to vote us Canucks fans as worst if it means keeping "nuxsux" from making one of his quarterly appearances here?
Awesome One Posted - 11/07/2010 : 19:20:45
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

the leafs fans are the stupidest
the canadiens fans are the most passionate
the sens fans are the least passionate
the canucks are the most arrogant
the flames fans like Iginla too much
us oiler fans are just awesome

Go OILERS Go!!!

All but the one about the Oilers being awesome are correct.

With the username I have, I should know a thing or two about awesome things with my name!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

sahis34 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 19:06:08
the leafs fans are the stupidest
the canadiens fans are the most passionate
the sens fans are the least passionate
the canucks are the most arrogant
the flames fans like Iginla too much
us oiler fans are just awesome

Go OILERS Go!!!
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 18:25:04
Im from winnipeg and i think that oiler fans ditch there team first and montreal fans are hardest on their players
Awesome One Posted - 11/07/2010 : 18:10:42
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

What do you mean thank you for finally admitting it? I never denied it??

I'm a little new here!

Beans15 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 12:04:06
What do you mean thank you for finally admitting it? I never denied it??

And Nux, if you think that fella can sing, you and I must both have a perception different than reality.

But at least we can both watch a video and see a headshot.
nuxfan Posted - 11/07/2010 : 10:44:06
I like Mark Donnelly. And seriously, the man can sing... also, bonus points for having the Odds play at your home games.

quote:

I firmly believe I am the lone Oiler fan with objectivity and a firm perception of the real world

The fact that you cheer for the Oilers makes me question your firm perception of the real world
Awesome One Posted - 11/07/2010 : 09:41:47
quote:

Absolutely right!! I am biased and have admitted it on several occasions. I dislike the Canucks and everything about them, including their ‘bad’ fans. I say ‘bad’ fans as for the most part it is the smallest portion of any fan base which makes the entire group look foolish. Although, 20,000 people chanting their goalies name when he makes a routine save or stops the puck behind the next gets old incredibly fast. I also hold true that singing the anthem was resurrected in recent years by Oiler fans, but I understand why Canucks fans feel compelled to sing part of the anthem from that moronic opera singer that Van has hired to sing. He is gross.

However, in recent days I have come to terms with the fact that Edmonton truly does have the worst fans. As posters on here prove over and over again, I firmly believe I am the lone Oiler fan with objectivity and a firm perception of the real world.

I wish all Oiler fans were like me.....

Thank you for finally admitting it!

The opera singer is gross!

Beans15 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 07:34:42
Absolutely right!! I am biased and have admitted it on several occasions. I dislike the Canucks and everything about them, including their ‘bad’ fans. I say ‘bad’ fans as for the most part it is the smallest portion of any fan base which makes the entire group look foolish. Although, 20,000 people chanting their goalies name when he makes a routine save or stops the puck behind the next gets old incredibly fast. I also hold true that singing the anthem was resurrected in recent years by Oiler fans, but I understand why Canucks fans feel compelled to sing part of the anthem from that moronic opera singer that Van has hired to sing. He is gross.

However, in recent days I have come to terms with the fact that Edmonton truly does have the worst fans. As posters on here prove over and over again, I firmly believe I am the lone Oiler fan with objectivity and a firm perception of the real world.

I wish all Oiler fans were like me.....
Guest9984 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 01:54:07
I'm interested to know why Beans has such a hate-on for Vancouver. I go to Vancouver home games quite often (a family friend has season tickets) and I don't see this rampant, terrible behaviour/attitude that everyone seems to be talking their mouths off about. Sure, you can isolate incidents like riots and such, but those generally happen when a couple people get upset and then it spreads and it becomes not about the team or the fans anymore, but about a mob mentality. That has nothing to do with the "everday" attitude of the fanbase, which I believe is quite amicable.
Guest5806 Posted - 10/10/2010 : 12:28:07
canucks fans are phonies
Guest5806 Posted - 10/09/2010 : 09:15:23
Vancouver hands down
Guest9469 Posted - 10/09/2010 : 08:56:26
Montreal fans by a long shot! Why? Here are but a few reasons:

- Biggest bandwagon fans on the planet. Don't believe me? Pay close attention when they have losing seasons.
- Boo their team at a drop of a hat. Poor Carey Price. Did they not call him Jesus Price a few years ago?
- Boo other team players for no reason!
- Boo National Anthems.
- Make fun of their hall of famers. Ex.: Chanting Carbo! Carbo! when Gainy was behind the bench. But of course, Gainy was suddenly a genius last year when they went to the semis.
- Arrogance. They think it is their right to win the cup.
- Ole Ole Ole. WTF?

And on and on.......
nuxfan Posted - 10/08/2010 : 23:15:13
quote:

But Vancouver fans(for the most part) are great big jerko's.

Tuesday. 3pm. Schoolyard, out by the swingset. And I'm bringin' Alex too!

Alex116 Posted - 10/08/2010 : 17:48:15
Glad you guys made sense of that last guest post, cuz i sure couldn't? All i got out of it was that he/she is a Canuck's fan?
Beans15 Posted - 10/08/2010 : 17:42:17
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

there should probably be some sort of rule that you can't trash talk until your team has won a game in the regular season...or has scored a goal...or has won a fight. Some sort of quality control.

So does this mean I can talk enough smack for 3 people??

Kidding.

And I agree, most every NHL team has fans that will leave the game early if it's a blowout. Vancouver is not immune to this.

But Vancouver fans(for the most part) are great big jerko's.
nuxfan Posted - 10/08/2010 : 17:07:23
Guest, Canucks fans leave before games out of hand as much as anyone else...
Guest0823 Posted - 10/08/2010 : 16:07:23
All the fans in Vancouver are from other places like Calagry and that stuff... If you go around to the houses and everything though you can see familys watching the game and tape recording them. Also if you go to a 'nucks game they dont leave with 15 minutes left in the game when its 5-1 or something like that. I've watched hockey games where toronto fans leave with 15 minutes left in the game. Now thats a bad fan!!!

CANUCKS FOREVER AND EVER!!!
nuxfan Posted - 10/08/2010 : 15:37:42
there should probably be some sort of rule that you can't trash talk until your team has won a game in the regular season...or has scored a goal...or has won a fight. Some sort of quality control.
Alex116 Posted - 10/08/2010 : 14:48:23
Welcome back.....i suppose?
nux-suk Posted - 10/08/2010 : 12:53:19
I hate to admit that anything Vancouver has done is their own original idea but........they did. BC Lions also invented the WAVE in the crowd. I guess they desreve credit where it is due, however, that credit is also given in the form of WORST fans in Canada. Hi Alex116, I am back to harass you for another 9 months!!haha
Alex116 Posted - 09/27/2010 : 21:25:54
I'm still lost when it comes to this Sportsnet 1 / ppv thing? I don't get it at all, and i'll admit, it's my own fault. I absolutely hate Shaw Cable. I have it only because i hate it slightly less than i do Telus! Don't even get me started!!!

Heard this Sportsnet One thing was gonna cost me 5 bucks a month? I'll def add it, but begrudgingly. Not because 5 bucks hurts me, just i hate giving Shaw more money!

Next year, if it stays at 5 bucks a month, i figure Beans will be paying for most of my season . J/K of course, if i win his money, it goes straight to beers!
Gusteroni Posted - 09/27/2010 : 12:28:13
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0362

Leaf nation for sure - Very loyal fans that know nothing about hockey. Love them in my hockey pools because they couldn't tell you the top 2 players of any team and don't have 2 top players themselves. People continually buy tickets to a less than NHL caliber team and don't demand a better product. Half the fans that are able to afford going to the game are there for the social aspect not the team. Most of the real fans are at home watching at home on TV for free. And now the satelite and Rogers Cable are trying to take free aspect away from the real fans and make it like the NY Yankees games pay per view. It is coming sooner than you think. You will either have to buy Leaf TV or Rogers Sports channel which is not included with all the rest of the sports channels. Soon there will be no true Toronto fans.

As long as CBC is airing Leafs games on Saturday nights I'll be happy as those are the only games I can get unless they are here playing the Oilers or Flames. CBC has the Leafs scheduled for 24 games this year and I think the reason for it is because Leafs Nation is wide spread and very good for ratings and I don't see CBC stopping this trend.

I've had the Center Ice package before and it was great but it is quite pricey, at least that's what my wife thinks. If what you say is true about a PPV format coming soon that probably would be the worst corporate decision ever made. I remember talking last year about if the Flames or Oilers could warrant having their own channel and it pretty well ended in a resounding no. Hence why they had PPV's, and I never understood that.

I sure wish I could get Leafs TV (12 games this season) at $2 a month, that is way better than having to pay $15.95 a PPV game like we used to here in Alberta for up to 16 Oilers or Flames games each a season. Now they have done away with PPV and essentially the Oilers and Flames kind of did get their own channel...Sportsnet One. It's free right now but it will cost something after Oct. 31/10. Die hard Edmonton and Calgary fans will add this channel to their line-up gauranteed as will I. I'm thinking the PPV's were losing money and something had to be done.

I believe as long as CBC and Leafs TV are around there will never be Leafs PPV. Why would they not just add more games to Leafs TV so more people purchased that channel? If they could market Leafs TV outside of the Ontario region I would bet they would triple their viewership as there are True Toronto fans everywhere and there always will be.

"When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too."
Guest0362 Posted - 09/25/2010 : 10:05:40
Leaf nation for sure - Very loyal fans that know nothing about hockey. Love them in my hockey pools because they couldn't tell you the top 2 players of any team and don't have 2 top players themselves. People continually buy tickets to a less than NHL caliber team and don't demand a better product. Half the fans that are able to afford going to the game are there for the social aspect not the team. Most of the real fans are at home watching at home on TV for free. And now the satelite and Rogers Cable are trying to take free aspect away from the real fans and make it like the NY Yankees games pay per view. It is coming sooner than you think. You will either have to buy Leaf TV or Rogers Sports channel which is not included with all the rest of the sports channels. Soon there will be no true Toronto fans.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 09/25/2010 : 09:24:49
There was a lot of laptops, crackberries and other electronic gizzmo's. Most of those stiffs never looked up most of the game, They were free tix given to me by my boss, so i had to take them !! And ya, never down there again, upper bowl for sure. Oh, and by the way, I didn't say the Leafs and Bruins were pathetic, it's the 3 piece suited fans in platinums that are.

"Can't see the forest for the trees? BUY A CHAINSAW !!"
Porkchop73 Posted - 09/25/2010 : 08:42:46
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

My vote on worst fans goes to Toronto. I've been down to alot of Bruins / Toronto games and it's pathetic. It's so gaged to corporate it''s not funny. I had tix once to platinums and we were told to keep it down or get booted..........are you kidding me????

I am a little surprised that you say a Leafs/Bruins game was pathetic. Usually when the Habs, Bruins or Sens are in town the place is pretty hoppin. You were sitting the platinums however and they all think they are the most sophisticated fans in the hockey world and often ruin the experience the regular fans.
If you want the real Leafs fan experience at the game, buy tickets to the upper bowl. It is a totally different experience up there with the regular folk and it gets loud sometimes and nobody up there tells you keep it down
I agree the lower bowl is too corporate and full of stiffy white collared, 3 piece suits that don't even watch the game. Heck they don't even make it back to their platinum seats before the start of each period because they aren't done with the caviar and champagne in their VIP room. I consider these Leaf fans the worst in the league, not all Leaf fans.
I have had great experiences watching the game at the Loose Moose on Front St.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 09/25/2010 : 03:05:36
100% agreed Slozo. We did end up leaving and went to Gretzky's place and had a blast. It's just a shame that it is all corporate, doesn't give the fans the seats to make noise.

n/a Posted - 09/24/2010 : 16:33:36
But Toxxic - those aren't fans. Your powers of observation have to improve, my friend . . . sitting in the stands of a place that fills it with 80% corporate seats gives you zero sense of the real fanbase of Toronto, most of whom can only dream of going to a game.

. . . next time you are in Toronto, go to a SPORTS BAR and watch a mid season hockey game, hopefully against a team like Columbus - a real "slow night", so to speak, hockey-wise.

Then you will see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ToXXiK1 Posted - 09/24/2010 : 15:11:50
My vote on worst fans goes to Toronto. I've been down to alot of Bruins / Toronto games and it's pathetic. It's so gaged to corporate it''s not funny. I had tix once to platinums and we were told to keep it down or get booted..........are you kidding me????

Gusteroni Posted - 09/24/2010 : 12:22:15
I'm not sure if you can call them all the "worst" fans in Canada but some Montreal fans need to give there head a shake. Booing Price in a pre-season game, not only that but the first pre-season game...c'mon. Granted he had a terrible game but do you fans in Montreal realize he is your #1 goalie this year? I'm pretty sure that doesn't help his confidence. I wonder if he is ruing the day he signed his new contract. I guess I should just "chill out" about all this.

"When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too."
Guest4159 Posted - 09/10/2010 : 09:47:58
Yeah...nice white towels Edmonton....where'd you get that idea from?

quote:

If you want to hear vocal fans, check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk

Sound familiar??? Vancouver ripped off Edmonton on this big time. The only time this was cool in Vancouver was during the Olympics. Other than that...........

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page