Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Who is the better Sedin?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Utemin Posted - 10/24/2010 : 19:05:10
Who is better Henrik or Daniel Sedin?

The Monkey is me
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 11/11/2010 : 19:04:48
There is no better Sedin. They are exactly the same! :)

Irvine/prez.
Blackbetty Posted - 11/11/2010 : 10:39:50
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

quote:
Originally posted by doublechamp7

personaly i would like to see what its like to have them on different teams

Me too, I'd bet my Bobby Orr autographed jersy that they would not be able to accomplish a thing playing on different teams.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

If this for some crazy reason happens you have a deal. I'll take that jersey off your hands for you because I think they could still put up big numbers without eachother.

"It's not about who you know, it's about who you blow"
Awesome One Posted - 11/11/2010 : 10:05:29
quote:
Originally posted by doublechamp7

Me too, I'd bet my Bobby Orr autographed jersy that they would not be able to accomplish a thing playing on different teams.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 09:44:28
Walter.Ego Posted - 11/11/2010 : 01:09:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3GPkF7m5s

Here's the link. ^That's me by the way^. I gotta keep my rep up.
Guest3024 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 01:05:22
quote:
Originally posted by Yewcandoit

I would say Daniel; he can really put the biscuit in the net.
Anyone see the between the legs goal at the end of last season?

Yes that move was unreal, but if you watch the whole play you will see that Henrik delivered him a no-look, through the legs tip pass. Seriously check it out again if you don't remember that. That goal was seriously amazing, with Hank's play included.

I am gonna say that they are of the same calibre. They play different roles. Daniel has shown that he can make plays, as has Henrik shown that he can score (although not as much as the other). If they both just shot the puck, they wouldn't be as effective. They are just two eggies in one basket.
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:52:11
I would say Daniel; he can really put the biscuit in the net.
Anyone see the between the legs goal at the end of last season?

Everytime I've been to a Canucks game, the sedins are flying. That dates back to 2001!

Both are great, but Daniel puts it in the net.
n/a Posted - 10/26/2010 : 09:12:54
There really should be a third option here, which is where my vote goes - they are equal.

They might be the only two players in the league that when put together, I find it impossible to choose between the two. I do place more importance on goal scoring, but Henrik's playmaking is at such an elite level, it really does make the entire line so much better.

I'd have them dress in street clothes, and point at the one on the right. I wouldn't be able to tell them apart anyways!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
The Duke Posted - 10/25/2010 : 16:01:30
Hard to say since they always play together....Henrik seemed to do great without his brother for a while last year.
nuxfan Posted - 10/24/2010 : 21:38:36
they are so complimentary, its really hard to say - I agree with Canuck Man, it comes down to your preference for setup man or finisher. True, Henrik has the Art Ross/Hart, but what if Daniel isn't injured for 6 weeks last year - does he beat Henrik for either or both?

They are virtually identical in ppg over their entire careers - Hank is .785, Daniel is .775, which is downright freaky over the course of an 9 year career. They compliment each other brilliantly, and honestly some of the passes they connect on are just unreal - even when they don't end up in the net.

If I had to choose one as my favourite, I'd go with Daniel - only because he finishes more, and I like the goal scorer. I can get soooo frustrated with Hank sometimes, he'll be in really good shooting areas but still look to pass off to Daniel when he should just shoot the puck. Drives me mad.

That being said - if I could only have one of them on my team, I'd go with Hank. I don't think Daniel would do as well without Henrik as we saw Hank do without Daniel last year - elite playmaking centres are not a dime-a-dozen and Daniel definately benefits from Hank. As have Burrows, and Anson Carter before him. One of the very surprising results from last year's Daniel-less games was that Hank actually did all the things that people said he needed to do - he scored some goals, he went to the net, he got more physical. He proved he's the all-around player and can play on his own.

I hope we don't have to find out the other side to that coin.
Beans15 Posted - 10/24/2010 : 19:47:19
One of them has a Hart and Art Ross and one of them doesn't. I think that should answer the question.

Ultimately, it would be hard to tell this without them being on different teams or Henrik being hurt for a length of time to see what Daniel would do. We've already watched Henrik still be brilliant without his brother. Could Daniel do the same?? That would answer this question pretty clearly.
Canucks Man Posted - 10/24/2010 : 19:12:20
Such a tough question. Do you want the playmaker or the goal scorer? Personally I want the goal scorer, you can teach people to pass, you can't teach goal scoring. So I pick Daniel, the advantage Henrik has in this poll though, it that we have actually seen what he can do without Daniel there next to him.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page