Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Blackhawk woes

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/21/2010 : 02:50:38
So,

Another wonderful game against the Blackhawks tonight.

If Canucks met Hawks in the playoffs (again), will the Canucks win?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Utemin Posted - 11/27/2010 : 19:12:50
ByfUGLYan was not a Luongo Slayer Last year infact the problem was that he Douched up the Nux Injuring half our defense a few Forwards and I guess Luongo Making him the Captain Douche who Caused Chicago to win through process of Elimination

The Monkey is me
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/25/2010 : 00:56:10
This is based on our past 2 playoffs, and also that one game.
Hawks just look like they got our number, and know how to beat us (proven last game).

Nevertheless, anything can happen before now and the playoffs.

Plus Byfuglien is off the team. That helps.
nuxfan Posted - 11/22/2010 : 15:28:13
are you really trying to predict the outcome of a hockey series in May based on the outcome of a single game in November? On Oct 19, the Canucks lost 6-1 to MIN. Does that mean that they have little chance of beating MIN in a playoff series in May?

I didn't see the game - have been in Cuba for the last week soaking up some sunshine and mojitos , however seeing the boxscore it was no doubt a stinker. There will probably be more stinkers throughout the year, against other teams. The Canucks are obviously going thru a rough patch right now, they'll sort it out.

As slozo says - will and can are 2 different things, and the will question is impossible to predict for many reasons. The Canucks certainly can beat CHI in a 7 game series though. Don't get all panicky over a single game in November.

doublechamp7 Posted - 11/22/2010 : 13:57:53
The only reason Van city would have a chance is because Loungo is better than all of the blackhawk goalies and Buffy the Loungo Slayer is in Atlanta now
Guest4988 Posted - 11/22/2010 : 13:53:37
Hey Utemin:

You may want to get your facts straight before you make false statements such as Van. beating Chicago two years ago almost every game in the regular season by wide margins such as 7-2 etc. In fact, two yrs ago in the 08-09 season, they were 2 and 2 against each other. Scores were Chi-3, Van-1: Van-7, Chi-3; Chi-4, Van-2 & Van-4, Chi-0. In 07-08, Van held a 2-1-1 edge, scores were 2-0, 3-2, 3-2(Shootout)"for Van. and 4-1 for Chicago. Last yr, they were also 2-2 with Chi winning 1-0 & 6-3, while Van. won 5-1 & 3-2.

The bottom line is both teams'regular season records against each other in the past three yrs has been pretty even. Of course, the Hawks have showed their superior depth in the playoffs in the last two yrs with series wins of 4 games to 2 each.
Alex116 Posted - 11/22/2010 : 11:01:59
"Can" or "Will" won't matter if the Canucks play like they did Sat night! Yikes!

Thing is, if they meet up in the playoffs, it'll likely be close with either team having a good shot at winning. Chances are, they'll finish near each other in the standings and therefore neither will be a heavy favorite, they're both good teams. Be interesting to see which team does better in the second half and down the stretch. From what i saw Saturday though, the Canucks will likely be praying that someone else takes the Hawks out for them!!!
Utemin Posted - 11/21/2010 : 22:43:33
This should be easy.

as soon as Salo and Ballard are completely healthy the Canucks defensive holes that are hurting them will be filled up, after completly being filled with Chemistry and every thing the Canucks will be an Unstopable power house. Then again Luongo is getting quite beat up from the other teams players he could get injured for the playoffs making the Canucks have slim to no chance of making the playoffs.

2 years ago the Canucks beat Chicago almost every time in the regular season by wide amount like 7-2, so the regular season game does not mean too much. especially after the performance against Chicago before being an even game.

The Monkey is me
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/21/2010 : 13:28:20
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

BTW - badly worded poll.

Can and will are two totally different things . . . should be 100% "can", as of course any team could potentially beat any other team, regardless of how low/high the odds.

Fixed.
The Duke Posted - 11/21/2010 : 13:10:41
Depends on which Loungo shows up. The solid one or the inconsistent one.
n/a Posted - 11/21/2010 : 13:03:22
BTW - badly worded poll.

Can and will are two totally different things . . . should be 100% "can", as of course any team could potentially beat any other team, regardless of how low/high the odds.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Oilearl Posted - 11/21/2010 : 10:42:08
Vancouver is maybe reading the paper too much and believe they're going to be the cup champs..... last night was a reality check for them. Chicago is one of 6 teams in the west that can knock them off in a 7 game series. the only performance that was good last night for Vancouver was the singing of the national anthem.
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/21/2010 : 09:42:13
they could win but i dont think they will if they meet
Guest4125 Posted - 11/21/2010 : 08:19:17
Two losses to crap teams (Edmonton, and Calgary) with 7-2 scores,amongst other things, there is no chance of a repeat in my opinion.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

sorry, but didn't they shut out Edmonton 5-0, and then walk in to Vancouver last night and walk all over them 7-1??
ya...seems pretty woeful to me.
Awesome One Posted - 11/21/2010 : 07:48:57
Two losses to crap teams (Edmonton, and Calgary) with 7-2 scores,amongst other things, there is no chance of a repeat in my opinion.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page