Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Price vs Halak

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockeyrocks101 Posted - 11/24/2010 : 16:09:30
Both of these men have put up great numbers and have helped their team alot but which goalie has done better?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/09/2010 : 06:57:19
I voted Price for now.

He has exceeded everyone's expectations, and Halak has done what many thought he would. It may not be fair to put one of these guys ahead of the other based simply on expectations, but it involves so much more pressure and heat in Montreal in that situation for a young goalie that . . . I'd easily give the nod to Price here. He has been phenomenal so far, and has been the model of consistency - exactly what I thought his issue might be.

Halak has played great, and of course for both goalies it is tough to seperate team defensive play from the goalie stats . . . but Halak has played in a place with very little pressure comparably, with a strong back-up behind him. That different situation makes it so much easier for him to perform at a high level.

Price by a nose.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Utemin Posted - 12/08/2010 : 20:18:20
Halak has shown much more skill, but Price has shown the record. I wouldn't have put either of theese teams in the playoffs at the start of the year, but theese goalies have given the team hope.

Numbers are important so Price has done better, though I think Halak is the better goalie.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful
Alex116 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 00:31:16
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

his team are all on the IR. Halak is not the problem right now in STL, they have too many injuries to significant players.

Next on the IR is prob Beans from jumping up and down on his couch thinking about our bet.

Then again, with the win last night vs the 'Nucks, they're back "in" for now! lol...

What a crazy conference! Gonna go right down to the wire for playoff spots by the look of it!
nuxfan Posted - 12/06/2010 : 22:36:10
his team are all on the IR. Halak is not the problem right now in STL, they have too many injuries to significant players.
irvine Posted - 12/06/2010 : 21:47:19
Price is my current vote. But, I believe teams have a good factor in this.

Price has played consistent hockey, since the season began. He has yet to (that i've seen), had a bad game. By bad game, I mean a game that he lost it for his team, as we've seen in years past.

As for Halak, he began fierce. The first 10 or so games, Halak was unstoppable. But since, he has been marginal for the Blues. But, I don't put it all on Halak. He's still playing good hockey (to me), but his team, are letting him down.

Irvine/prez.
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/24/2010 : 23:47:23
Yea,

They are probably about equal.

But, Price has exceeded everyone's expectations.
Alex116 Posted - 11/24/2010 : 22:12:15
Ditto what Beans said.

I do think it's close, but i give Price a slight edge.
Awesome One Posted - 11/24/2010 : 17:35:25
Price has landed Montreal in an extreemly high place in the standings for a two-time defending 8th seed team, but Halak has also helped his team overacheave.

I'd say Price because of all of the expectations to be as great as Halak was in the playoffs.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Beans15 Posted - 11/24/2010 : 17:31:48
I would say Price, reason being is that he had a far tougher battle at the start of the year to earn his rep. He was completely written off in Montreal with a lynch mob of fans who all thought Montreal kept the wrong 'keeper. Halak just had to be anything more than average and he would be been considered a success.

Now, Halak has been better than average however a little streaky. STL started off with 24 goals against in their first 12 games and have since allowed 32 goal against in their past 7 games including blow outs of 5, 6, 7, and 8 goals in one game. Montreal's not allowed more than 3 goals against in regulation in all but one of their games this year.

I would say Price has been more consistent and had a harder battle to start the year so that's my vote.
hockeyrocks101 Posted - 11/24/2010 : 16:11:06
Man both these guys have been phenomonal!!!!! My vote is equal.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page