Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Upset team for the cup

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hockeyrocks101 Posted - 11/23/2010 : 16:12:29
Its still early in the season but which upset team has the best shot at the cup?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Utemin Posted - 11/29/2010 : 16:33:08
The Blue Jackets, a hot goalie is what you need to win the 2 cup and Columbus has Garon a Great goalie and S.Mason another great goalie.
It is amazing that every one still considers St.Louis a bad team after they had the best record for the second half of the year 2 years ago, and now have an even better team.

The Monkey is me
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/29/2010 : 10:51:05
I also voted Tampa. Although I agree the Goaltending is not elite both Ellis and Smith are excellent goaltenders and are proven starters. Biggest weakness to this point would be team defense.
Awesome One Posted - 11/26/2010 : 06:23:28
quote:
Originally posted by slozo
I wouldn't vote TB, just because of the one line / mediocre goalie and defence thing. In the playoffs, they will get killed by a deeper team that can even half neutralise the Stamkos juggernaut.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I don't think so, here's their top two lines (imagine there are no injuries)

1:Stamkos, St. Louis, Downie
2:Lecavalier, Gagne, Malone

And they could also trade for a better goalie at the deadline

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
MrBoogedy Posted - 11/25/2010 : 21:23:02
I voted Montreal of course. Most projections had them not making the playoffs this year, and though it is early in the season, they are 3rd overall, Price is on fire, most of the key elements seem to be in place. As long as Cammalleri can find his game, they'll be sailing.
Pasty7 Posted - 11/25/2010 : 21:01:33
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

You'll never get poor comments from me, dude . . . only well thought out, inciteful comments!

It's spelled COLUMBUS, btw.

And LA was already rated as a potential contender before the year started, so I would not put them in the category of upset team here.

Would have to add Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta and Montreal to your list.

Crazy as it sounds coming from a Leaf fan, I choose Montreal. Price is playing amazing, by the time the playoffs roll around Markov will be back, and the offence hasn't even really gotten rolling yet. Their defensive chemistry has been amazing, or maybe it's the coaching.

Close second would be the Blues for me.

I wouldn't vote TB, just because of the one line / mediocre goalie and defence thing. In the playoffs, they will get killed by a deeper team that can even half neutralise the Stamkos juggernaut.

I love it !!!!!!! dang i love it!!

Pasty
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/25/2010 : 20:18:48
I think a lot of teams of looking at LA as the real deal, they're hardly an underdog
hockeyrocks101 Posted - 11/25/2010 : 18:48:33
I understand that LA isn't that much of an underdog but i put them on this list because they have a young team and usually that means no stanley cup. Like when Pittsburgh lost in 07 but once their young guys eg malkin, crosby and fluery got more experienced from that cup run they won the cup the next year. As for Tampa i put them on this list because they haven't made the playoffs in the last 3 or 4 years. Sorry for the mistake slozo.... i'm only 12.
n/a Posted - 11/25/2010 : 14:31:40
You'll never get poor comments from me, dude . . . only well thought out, inciteful comments!

It's spelled COLUMBUS, btw.

And LA was already rated as a potential contender before the year started, so I would not put them in the category of upset team here.

Would have to add Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta and Montreal to your list.

Crazy as it sounds coming from a Leaf fan, I choose Montreal. Price is playing amazing, by the time the playoffs roll around Markov will be back, and the offence hasn't even really gotten rolling yet. Their defensive chemistry has been amazing, or maybe it's the coaching.

Close second would be the Blues for me.

Guest0044 Posted - 11/25/2010 : 07:08:03
leafs fans must drooling at this.... but they are too afraid of making comments... they may jinx the leaf's chances if they say something here
Awesome One Posted - 11/25/2010 : 06:38:55
quote:
Originally posted by Yewcandoit

I wouldn't call LA or Tampa underrated at this point.

Tampa has 2 Hart winners, and looks like a 3rd one this year.

Only St. Louis, Lecavalier never did it.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/24/2010 : 23:59:41
I wouldn't call LA or Tampa underrated at this point.

Tampa has 2 Hart winners, and looks like a 3rd one this year.

LA just has a good all around team.

I choose LA, because of their depth.
nuxfan Posted - 11/23/2010 : 17:12:54
Semin - there is a big difference between "really improved" and "good chance to win the cup". I don't think that TB can be considered a favourite at this point, however they have certainly improved over last year. If they manage to get a couple of big pieces - 1 good PP dman, one good stay-at-home dman, a solid starting goalie - then things might change.

My vote goes for LA.
semin-rules Posted - 11/23/2010 : 17:04:05
I think Tampa bay isn't really underated to win the cup,
they are among the few to have a good chance
Awesome One Posted - 11/23/2010 : 16:50:43
quote:
Originally posted by hockeyrocks101

This is tough because these teams all have inexperienced players which makes it tough to win the cup. Lets here what you guys have to say.

Tampa all the way, but they have a lot of experienced veteran superstars (St. Louis, Lecavalier, Gagne).

hockeyrocks101 Posted - 11/23/2010 : 16:15:46
This is tough because these teams all have inexperienced players which makes it tough to win the cup. Lets here what you guys have to say.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page