Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Best Defenceman

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/05/2010 : 14:13:52
Who do you think is the best defenceman of all time, I think it's definetly Orr
33   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Utemin Posted - 11/28/2010 : 13:26:24
quote:
Originally posted by Awesome One

quote:
Originally posted by Utemin
I take that as a major compliment Crazy means Different, Different means Unique, Being Unique is good

No, crazy means wierd, challenged, has problems solving things, it also means you're different and unique but not in a good way.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

Even if im not Unique in a good way i am still unique. I take pride in what I write it is Creative, sometimes BS but it is a different perspective that keeps this Channel intresting.

The Monkey is me
Awesome One Posted - 11/28/2010 : 07:07:05
quote:
I take that as a major compliment Crazy means Different, Different means Unique, Being Unique is good

No, crazy means wierd, challenged, has problems solving things, it also means you're different and unique but not in a good way.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/27/2010 : 21:37:08
Do you honestly think that someone with Orr's skill would not be the best?
Utemin Posted - 11/27/2010 : 21:30:24
quote:

quote:

I never like theese of all time sections, because I can almost Guerentee if some one with Orr's skill today played they would only be third line defense, but then again Trainers now a day are better so would Orr still be the best. Uncomparable
Shane O'Brian Wins

The Monkey is me

You are crazy monkey boy!!!!!!!!

The Monkey is me
Awesome One Posted - 11/27/2010 : 20:46:27
quote:

I never like theese of all time sections, because I can almost Guerentee if some one with Orr's skill today played they would only be third line defense, but then again Trainers now a day are better so would Orr still be the best. Uncomparable
Shane O'Brian Wins

The Monkey is me

You are crazy monkey boy!!!!!!!!

Utemin Posted - 11/27/2010 : 18:55:34
Shane O'Brian Wins

The Monkey is me
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/25/2010 : 16:35:37
Vote for Rory
top cheese Posted - 11/25/2010 : 11:11:16
Rory Fitzpatrick has my vote. Pretty much an all star
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/25/2010 : 00:25:20
Shane O B needs to come back to Vancouver!

Orr takes the cake, but I like all the love shaney is getting.
Awesome One Posted - 11/24/2010 : 17:49:20
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

I think O'brien is hanging out on pickuphockey!

Pasty

I noticed when Polish Express posted this on a different thread he said again.

Have "O'Brien and his friends" done this before?

I just hope they are O'Brien's friends because if not, these people are looking like they have syndromes.

Beans15 Posted - 11/24/2010 : 13:49:53
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

Wow, must be the Shane Obrien fan club here. I find many threads on this site somewhat bizarre, but this one has to take the cake. O'brien couldn't tie the skates of the likes of Orr, Robinson, Savard, Langway, Bourque, Coffey, Lidstrom and a plethora of others. I find his name even being mentioned here just ridiculous. Take a step out of your bubbles people.

It's a running joke Odin. Someone make a statement about O'Brien in a different thread and it became viral.

Much like the Rory Fitzpatrick for the All Star game but only a smaller scale here on PUH.

Sorry to burst the bubbles
Odin Posted - 11/24/2010 : 11:45:06
Wow, must be the Shane Obrien fan club here. I find many threads on this site somewhat bizarre, but this one has to take the cake. O'brien couldn't tie the skates of the likes of Orr, Robinson, Savard, Langway, Bourque, Coffey, Lidstrom and a plethora of others. I find his name even being mentioned here just ridiculous. Take a step out of your bubbles people.
Guest9169 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 12:46:23
My vote would be for Shane O'brien as well. Or Bobby Orr, those 2 are tied for first.
polishexpress Posted - 11/09/2010 : 11:41:10
Why isn't Dustin Byfuglien on the list?!

Oh, wait, I saw O'brien and Berg being discussed and though this was the best "TEMPORARY" defenceman thread. Sorry.
Guest7852 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 11:35:31
It is amazing that Aki Berg is not on the list

All others fall in behind Aki
Odin Posted - 11/09/2010 : 10:23:43
Holy crap! Shane O'Brien best d-man of all time? Are you guys serious when you have the likes of Orr, Robinson or even Lidstrom (and many, many others who are far superior) to pick from? I find that unbelievable.
Alex116 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 09:18:12
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

Pasty

Pasty...it's only a matter of time till one of these guests signs up with the screen name "Shane O'brien"
Pasty7 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 23:28:54

Pasty
Guest3024 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 22:31:42
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest3024

For real though, I say Shane Obrien.

WHAT IS WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?!?!?!
Is he some kind of god who I've been totally oblivious to?
I will name you a list of people who are better all-timeand now than Shane O'Brien!!!!!!!!!!

Orr
Bourque
Coffey
Potvin
Shore
Clapper
Clancey
Gadsby
Horton
Kelly
Harvey
Bouchard
Robinson
Lapointe
Savard
Park
Stevens
Chelios
Murphy
Housley
MacInnis
Leetch
Lidstrom
Pronger
Green
Doughty
Keith
Seabrook
Weber
Chara
Boyle
Regehr
Campbell
Rafalski
Bouwmeester
Even Phaneuf!!!

...and the list goes on and on and on!!!!!!

wow i cant even count that high! (still have some procrastinating to do)

See that's the trouble with the NHL and its affiliated media, they only cover the East Coast, and Shane Obrien always gets overlooked. Awesome One, dont try to play dumb, everyone knows the only reason youre talking s*** about Oh-Bee is because he doesnt have one of those super cool NHL action figure models made of him yet. So what if Bobby Orr has like a hundred?

http://search.store.yahoo.net/cmdstore/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=cmdstore&query=bobby+orr

At the end of the day, do you really judge the better man on how many toys he has made of him? No, you judge him by how good Shane Obrien is. Case wrapped up. Point closed. Good day sir.
Guest0666 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 17:18:52
Either Orr or Shane Obrien I can't choose but I probabely have to say Obrien.
Guest4412 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 17:02:50
Shane Obrien as well.
The Duke Posted - 11/08/2010 : 15:28:37
nice post guest 3024...glad some1 sees my point
nuxfan Posted - 11/08/2010 : 08:28:25
quote:
I will name you a list of people who are better all-timeand now than Shane O'Brien

Nice list. But how many of them can drink and party all night at the Roxy, and then get up for game day and play 24 minutes of average defense?
Awesome One Posted - 11/08/2010 : 05:39:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3024

WHAT IS WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?!?!?!
Is he some kind of god who I've been totally oblivious to?
I will name you a list of people who are better all-timeand now than Shane O'Brien!!!!!!!!!!

Orr
Bourque
Coffey
Potvin
Shore
Clapper
Clancey
Gadsby
Horton
Kelly
Harvey
Bouchard
Robinson
Lapointe
Savard
Park
Stevens
Chelios
Murphy
Housley
MacInnis
Leetch
Lidstrom
Pronger
Green
Doughty
Keith
Seabrook
Weber
Chara
Boyle
Regehr
Campbell
Rafalski
Bouwmeester
Even Phaneuf!!!

...and the list goes on and on and on!!!!!!

Guest3024 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 01:31:30
Beans15 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 20:41:34
My point was that simply looking at total number of giveaways is not a fair assement.

But if we want to dance, the numbers you provided are incorrect. Myers played 351 minutes and had 24 giveaways, meaning he turns the puck over every 14 minutes not every 17 minutes.

I didn't bother looking through the rest as I was trying to see the picture but the wrong colors were used.
Guest3024 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 20:22:29
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

When you ask defenseman...what aspect of the game are you looking for ? best all-round. hands down Orr, no contest.

As of today Duncan Keith leads ALL nhl players in total puck give-aways in the league...yes thats # 1 in the whole nhl, not a very impressive stat for someone who is considered by many to be one of the nhl`s best defenseman.

If you are going to paint the picture. Paint the entire picture. Sure, Keith has the most (actually tied with T. Myers) for the most giveaways. But, he is also 7th in the league in takeaways and top 20 in the league in blocked shots.

He's also played 2-3 more games than most of the other players in the most giveaway column so apples are not being compared to apples. Let's not forget that this guy also leads the league in time played and TOI/game. Comparatively speaking, Kaberle(2nd most giveaways in the NHL) has 21 giveaways in 308 minutes while Keith has 24 giveaways in 465 minutes.

Paint the whole picture, not just a piece of it.

If you are going to finish painting his picture, then finish the entire painting. Keith does lead the league in both ice time (494), and giveaways (27), but what do other players' stats look like, among ice time leaders?

Top 10 leaders in ice time with a new statistic: Minutes Played/Giveaway. In other words how often they give the puck away, measured in TOI/GvA.

Keith: Every 18 minutes
Seabrook: 36 TOI/GvA
Visnovski: 38 TOI/GvA
Martin: 74 TOI/GvA
Gologoski: 46 TOI/GvA
Enstrom: 73 TOI/GvA
Toews: 61 TOI/GvA
Leopold: 24 TOI/GvA
Gonchar: 28 TOI/GvA
Myers:17 TOI/GvA

You'll have to trust me on this stat, as it doesn't exist anywhere else as far as I know, unless you want to do the calculations yourself.

Although Keith is not the worst here, it's still not a very impressive stat for someone who is considered by many to be one of the nhl's best defenseman.

Yes, the only purpose of this post was to oppose someone else's, but the only purpose of that someone else's was to oppose someone else else's. But I've got an essay to procrastinate for, so I'd rather be a douchebag on an internet forum.

So in conlcusion, paint the whole picture, not just a piece of it.
Beans15 Posted - 11/07/2010 : 08:34:15
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

When you ask defenseman...what aspect of the game are you looking for ? best all-round. hands down Orr, no contest.

As of today Duncan Keith leads ALL nhl players in total puck give-aways in the league...yes thats # 1 in the whole nhl, not a very impressive stat for someone who is considered by many to be one of the nhl`s best defenseman.

If you are going to paint the picture. Paint the entire picture. Sure, Keith has the most (actually tied with T. Myers) for the most giveaways. But, he is also 7th in the league in takeaways and top 20 in the league in blocked shots.

He's also played 2-3 more games than most of the other players in the most giveaway column so apples are not being compared to apples. Let's not forget that this guy also leads the league in time played and TOI/game. Comparatively speaking, Kaberle(2nd most giveaways in the NHL) has 21 giveaways in 308 minutes while Keith has 24 giveaways in 465 minutes.

Paint the whole picture, not just a piece of it.
The Duke Posted - 11/07/2010 : 07:02:03

Awesome One Posted - 11/05/2010 : 16:15:11
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4412

I think its better than your polls. Except why wasnt Shane Obrien put up there?

Its tough to say considering I never actually saw Orr play, or a lot of those guys for that matter. So I will have to say Nick Lidstrom. Sorry friends.

Shane O'Brien?!?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Guest4412 Posted - 11/05/2010 : 16:02:46
I think its better than your polls. Except why wasnt Shane Obrien put up there?

Its tough to say considering I never actually saw Orr play, or a lot of those guys for that matter. So I will have to say Nick Lidstrom. Sorry friends.
Awesome One Posted - 11/05/2010 : 15:44:29
Sorry, but this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too obvious to be a forum.

Orr.

Guest5806 Posted - 11/05/2010 : 14:21:10
don't write you're opinion in the poll

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page