Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Philadelphia
 Which Hawk

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/29/2010 : 14:09:27
Which Chicago Blackhawk would you want to build a team around?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Utemin Posted - 12/01/2010 : 15:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

Toews is arguably the best choice, but I'd say a very strong case could be made for Keith

You don't normally build a team around a defenseman (unless you're TOR I suppose ). Keith is a valuable addition, but your top line centre/leader is really the best choice.

Nashville is built around Weber, and gues what, it works!

The Monkey is me
nuxfan Posted - 11/30/2010 : 21:46:03
quote:

Toews is arguably the best choice, but I'd say a very strong case could be made for Keith

You don't normally build a team around a defenseman (unless you're TOR I suppose ). Keith is a valuable addition, but your top line centre/leader is really the best choice.
Guest0947 Posted - 11/30/2010 : 18:02:50
Toews is arguably the best choice, but I'd say a very strong case could be made for Keith. He may be having somewhat of a down year this year in some of the stats depts, but this is one of the top 5 defencemen in the league today. He's young, strong, a leader, offensive, defensive, plays monster minutes. Has pretty much the same trophy case as Toews less a Conn Smyth and plus a Norris.

In the Olympics he led the team in ice time and was a force playing with Doughty. In last years playoffs he took a puck in the face, lost a bunch of teeth and came back minutes later. He's a warrior and a dynamo.

All in all not a bad "second" choice to build your team around.
Guest4178 Posted - 11/30/2010 : 14:30:51
Toews hands down!

You won't likely see Toews punching out a cab driver, or laughing with opposing team members after a game, and when his coach is nearby doing an interview.

That being said, I'm not surprised to hear about players acting up, especially with factors like age and money considered. It's particularly impressive to see young players show leadership and maturity when they do. Toews is a current example, but past examples include Yzerman, Sakic, Lidstrom, all players who were mature beyond their years when they joined the NHL.

Guest4626 Posted - 11/30/2010 : 14:07:07
You're saying it's a bad poll yet people who are saying that are choosing different people
Yewcandoit Posted - 11/29/2010 : 23:33:16
Easy.

Toews.
Guest4412 Posted - 11/29/2010 : 20:33:06
Id for sure pick Turco. This poll is almost as bad as those two line combination ones.
sahis34 Posted - 11/29/2010 : 18:23:12
Just because you have 15 options doesn't mean you have to use them all

Go OILERS Go!!!
Utemin Posted - 11/29/2010 : 18:19:36
Toews or Hossa
My Vote goes to Toews because he is Canadian.

The Monkey is me
Guest4125 Posted - 11/29/2010 : 16:02:20
this shouldn't even have to go to a vote. it's Toews...no question.
nuxfan Posted - 11/29/2010 : 15:35:24
Toews for sure.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 11/29/2010 : 14:32:53
Toews, easy.

If I'm looking for any player currently in the league to build my team around, Toews is in my top 10 of ALL active NHLers.

Youth? Check
Leadership? Check
Talent? Check Check
Maturity? Check

Not too mention most valuable forward in the Olympics, Gold Medal, Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe. Captain Serious is AAA steak in the Butcher shop of the NHL.

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Guest4967 Posted - 11/29/2010 : 14:24:22
TOEW'S hand's down. he's the cloest thing to a real leader the nhl's seen in a long time. well more mature then his years, love to see him in detroit.
Awesome One Posted - 11/29/2010 : 14:23:42
Toews, great all-around player, has skill, leadership, and can get a lot of points if he wants to.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page