Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Outdoor Games

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tbar Posted - 12/14/2010 : 06:54:03
With One outdoor game every year and Two this year is the NHL killing the excitement of an outdoor game?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tbar Posted - 12/21/2010 : 13:55:38
Winnipeg has added seating to the stadium to total 55.000 in attendance.
chef Posted - 12/20/2010 : 19:09:00
Well considering Winnipeg is a solid block of ice throughout winter it shouldn't be to hard to figure out a place to play like maybe the Winnipeg stadium which seats I think 25,000 -32,000.that event would sell out for sure! We are use to watching games outside,the way it was meant to be.
I can Dream can't I.

Habs for the Cup
ToXXiK1 Posted - 12/20/2010 : 02:18:11
Problem is, would these cities have big enough arenas? I think the Bruins / Flyers game tallied 40k in attendance? I'll have to look it up, but, I doubt they can hold the capacity.

Wikipedia has it listed at 38,472, 12th all time in attendance to a major hockey event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_hockey_games_with_highest_attendance
Yewcandoit Posted - 12/19/2010 : 18:00:51
Chef,

That is an awesome idea. I know for a fact that Hartford has built a new outdoor arena. An NHL outdoor game there would be awesome.

A game in Quebec City and Winnipeg would do really well too.
chef Posted - 12/18/2010 : 13:28:50
About the out door games? it would be nice if these teams who are selected were to play in the cities who have lost there old NHL teams like Winnipeg ,Quebec and Hartford. Love to see it happen.

Habs for the Cup
doublechamp7 Posted - 12/17/2010 : 14:09:44
I dont think two is two much as the American media is overplaying the Caps-Pens matchup and you never hear anything about the Habs-Flames game.

IM A CHAMPION!
MyTeamRules Posted - 12/15/2010 : 20:15:05
Its not the exciting on TV, and since I don't live at the location of where it is held I could care less.
Where is it getting held this year?
TheRC Posted - 12/14/2010 : 21:00:59
It's a nice touch for New Years day. Hangover + lazy holiday + mid-day novelty hockey game? Sign me up.

I don't think I would care if as much if it were on any other day, and I'm a little sick of Pittsburg, but outdoor games are still ok. I want to see Toronto next year. Montreal, Ottawa or even Buffalo would make for a good rivalry game. Well, maybe not Buffalo, it's less a rivalry than it is my favorite team folding over and getting stomped. Don't want to watch that.

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail"
Guest5806 Posted - 12/14/2010 : 15:04:00
once or twice a year is still very rare
Yewcandoit Posted - 12/14/2010 : 12:00:09
I don't think it's too common of an occurrence. I think it's a great tradition. I just wish that some of the teams on the west coast would be capable of putting on this kind of event.

Unless temperatures drop significantly (or new superstars emerge in the eastern teams), we'll be seeing the same teams playing in these winter classics.

[Mod Edit - Spam, please remove from your signature]
ToXXiK1 Posted - 12/14/2010 : 09:50:54
Ya true, but i threw it in there just for the rivalry side of it.
tbar Posted - 12/14/2010 : 09:28:00
Agree with yah Toxxic....Habs would also be a repeat team. They played in EDM. a couple years back when they hosted it.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 12/14/2010 : 08:04:56
I think it should be cut back now. Even 1 every year is overkill for me. But, I think it's mostly done for the U.S. audience that the NHL has been chasing for years to get interested in the game of hockey. Problem is, you can only have it in cities cold enough and there already is a fan base in those markets. That being said, they sell out to massive crowds and everyone seem to get right into it. My biggest problem is Pitt is in it again, can they not pick a different team?? Leafs vs Habs, Det vs NYR.......
tbar Posted - 12/14/2010 : 07:38:27
I would have to say they are pumping these games out a little too much. I think if they keep having them at this pace the novelty is going to wear off and it will just become expected. I think if they are going to keep doing this they should go find something else creative such as a game on the River or maybe something like the KHL did last year.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page