Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 And What's Wrong With Koval-choke?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4178 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 13:34:26
Most people know that Kovalchuk is having a bad year, but it's interesting to see how bad when you look at his current stats (as of January 10th):

Goals: 10 (113th in the NHL)
Even Strength Goals: 6 (154th in the NHL)
Plus/Minus: -29 (781st in the NHL – Dead Last)

Kovalchuk is averaging nearly 22 minutes per game, so he's definitely getting the ice-time. What happened? Is this just a bad year, or did the Devils severely overpay a prima donna past-his-prime hockey player? He's only 27, and while there are many examples of players who peak at 27 (or later years), there are many examples of players who peak at an early age too!

Maybe he's pacing himself, and for the duration of his 15-year $100 million contract? :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 01/11/2011 : 10:20:34
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinOilCountry

Kovie went 6th overall in my draft, same guy also took Brodeur. He's been in last since day 1 despite some really strong late round picks. So much for Kovie being a ringer...

This clown is coasting, or NJ is falling off to get draft picks that don't cost as much as vets. There's my conspiracy for the hour!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.

Guy in my pool who got Kovalchuk and Parise with his first two picks and followed up with Brodeur is also feeling the pain of the NJ meltdown! Yup, he too is in dead last.....by a mile!
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 01/11/2011 : 09:31:41
Kovie went 6th overall in my draft, same guy also took Brodeur. He's been in last since day 1 despite some really strong late round picks. So much for Kovie being a ringer...

This clown is coasting, or NJ is falling off to get draft picks that don't cost as much as vets. There's my conspiracy for the hour!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
n/a Posted - 01/11/2011 : 05:47:00
Worst pool pick ever indeed! In my pool, which weights 2 pts for a goal, one for an assist, with lots of extra points for hattricks, I had Kovie 4th on my personal draft list, and I think he was picked just before my spot (7th). Whew!!!

Different team, no chemistry, disagrees with coach, lazy player after a big contract signed, bad team, wrong system . . . pick one. Heck, pick them all!

But look at Kovalchuck not as this year's disppointment, but as next year's potential steal . . . hmmm? Or do we really think he's fallen off that completely?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Pasty7 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 16:29:30
Alexi Yashin anyone. i mean i don't know Kovy but maybe he's got his contract and now its cruise control

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
The Duke Posted - 01/10/2011 : 16:06:05
I didn`t watch Kovy in Atlanta...i haven`t watched him in NJ, maybe the odd game . Just an opinion but is it the overall team system that may be so diffrent ??

Maybe in Atlanta Kovy was let loose to do what-ever he wanted with no personal defensive responsibilty...thus leading to more offensive production, floating around the opposing teams blueline

Maybe with more defensive responsibilty in NJ ( who always had team defense structure ) Kovy hasn`t brought in to the program, thus throwing off his total game....just an opinion.

One main reason for sure.....NO PARISE !!!
Guest4131 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 14:04:50
Worst pool pick EVER. I thought for sure the chemistry of Kovalchuk, Parise and Zajac would have been one of the top lines in the NHL, something like the Thornton, Marleau and Heatley line last year...boy was I wrong..

Parise's injury of course did not help, but Kovalchuk surely didn't have anywhere near a Parise in Atlanta and he was still ripping up the scoresheet.

I really don't have an answer for this, but he is a HUGE reason why the Devils are at an almost never before seen struggle this season....

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page