Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Bettman Issues

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/08/2007 : 09:12:42
What is your biggest issue with Gary Bettman?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 02/11/2007 : 17:12:46
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4009

I just think he has the personality of a dead cat.

Then, in other words, he has no personality...
Guest5015 Posted - 02/11/2007 : 09:31:58
is it just me or does the officiating in the nhl seem like something out of professional wrestling..i truly believe the officials are more competent than what they are showing on many nights, and many bad calls seem to go in favor of the home teams...if this is mandated than i am truly digusted!.....this would mean the commisioner has ruined the integrity of the entire league..i like alot about betman, not the least of which is his knowledge of the need to preserve canadian interest in nhl... i only voted lack of competence because i percieve that the officiating has been tampered with by his office..that would be the worst thing any official could ever do..i hope i am wrong..but i call it as i see it.
hoteghdf2@yahoo.ca
Guest8058 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 20:17:05
WAT A LOSER
HE THINKS HE KNOWS HOCKEY BUT HE IS GAY
GO DETROIT GO DETROIT
ALL THE WAY
Ripley Posted - 02/10/2007 : 15:55:31
So to sum up this thread goes something like this:

He looks like Dracula (which is a very important point)
He is a VERY smart man
He is a very devious man
He screwed up but has fixed some of his mistakes
He has little man's syndrome
He made the game marginally more interesting
He is an annoying interview
He is an arrogant little puke
He has no passion for the actual game
He has fooled himself into thinking he knows what the fans want
He introduced the Cap = good
He has the "personality of a dead cat" (also a very improtant point)

I'll add one; his body twitch is creepy.
Beans15 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 11:04:04
He had the cones to fight off the NHLPA and the guts to shut down the league for a year. Lots of the rule changes have been argued, but I think the changes that were made with the CBA as well as the rule changes will make the league viable for a long time and help the players stay healthy for longer careers. He isn't responsible for all of that, but he is the head of it.

I personally think the sport and the business of the sport are much healthier now than 10 years ago. For that, he get's some props from me.
Guest6296 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 08:55:34
Bettman is an arrogant little puke! The schedule for the west sucks, out here, we see the young up-coming stars once in three years. That alone sucks the big one If the attendance is up, why is Pittsburgh struggling to keep thier nose above water? They have two of the best young stars in the game right now. Maybe thats not his fault, but I still think he stinks!!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 02/10/2007 : 07:06:40
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

. And like him or hate him, he's got the grapes to make changes.

Often bad changes
Canucks Man Posted - 02/09/2007 : 08:37:57
I dont mind him, he can be annoying in interviews, but people seem to think every little thing that they dont like about the game is his fault. Like the schedule every team was on board for a three year plan 2 years ago A THREE YEAR PLAN im impressed that the guy didnt just give the majority of the teams what they wanted and stuck with the original plan.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Reiko24 Posted - 02/08/2007 : 21:04:35
I don't really like him because he is too much about economy and not enough about passion.
Beans15 Posted - 02/08/2007 : 20:25:27
Babs, I agree with you 100%.

And like him or hate him, he's got the grapes to make changes.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/08/2007 : 19:15:20
Sure he's had his share of moments that make it easy to pick on him, but instead I'll focus on a bit of positive: the game today. I don't mean the TV contracts, or the schedule, or the lack of filled seats... I mean the GAME. Something needed to be changed about the way it was about 4-5 years ago and thank god he did. I'm not saying he didn't clean up his own mess, but I don't care how my Big Mac is made as long as it tastes good when I get it, if you know what I'm saying.

Also, the salary cap is the best thing that ever happened to the NHL. Before the All-Star break, 27/30 teams were in reasonable playoff contention, you can't get any better than that. As it stands now, 25/30 teams are within 5 games of the playoffs.

Don't bother arguing with me about this stuff, I just wanted to point it out. I know he may have screwed up more often than improved the game, but I know that I sure as hell like what I see on the ice.
Guest4009 Posted - 02/08/2007 : 18:19:41
I don't hate the guy, I just think he has the personality of a dead cat. Every time Ron MacLean of CBC interviews him, he gets snotty because he realizes he's sitting beside a guy who knows the game better than he does, so he acts like a five-year-old.
I think he did a decent job with the lockout, actually, but has dropped the ball on more ocassions than not. The scheduling issue of late is a good example. He tells MacLean that he knows hockey fans prefer the schedule the way it is now. What a load of garbage. I don't know one person west of Toronto that thinks the schedule as it is is any good. What other league with 82 games a season would purposely keep it's best star players isolated in one zip code? I don't think he's a putz for having an opinion, he's a putz because he thinks he knows what real hockey fans want.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/08/2007 : 18:15:38
I guess we could say we hate him for all the reasons on the poll (except the last one, lol)
semin-rules Posted - 02/08/2007 : 17:25:04
I hate him for all the reasons ultyman said..

hey Admin...do you like him?

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
ultimatetitman Posted - 02/08/2007 : 17:23:59
He's an idiot. He knows a little bit about basketball, and thought that was enough to run an entire league. I sincerely doubt he had even seen an NHL game before he took the reigns.
How's this for a conspiracy theory?... David Stern basically ran the campaign to get Bettman into his NHL position in a deliberate ploy to have Bettman ruin the game, thereby promoting basketball. Before you scoff, look at where basketball was 10 years ago, even with Michael Jordan returning after his 1½ year gambling suspension... er... retirement. It was about as popular as herpes at a high school prom. Meanwhile hockey was indeed the "in" sport in the U.S. and Gretzky was in New York, where the game's marquee player needed to be to sell the game there.
Now, the NBA far surpasses the NHL in every way in the U.S. and Bettman is STILL running it. Somebody really needs to Bertuzzi that rat Bettman!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/08/2007 : 15:58:17
God I Hate the Guy. That should really be a topic to vote on. He screws the NHL and he is in charge of it. Think about it, the NHL is a standing joke in the USA. If he had gotten a little less money and signed with ESPN, the new NHL would probably be a success. He is a little migit who thinks he is tall.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/08/2007 : 09:32:02
He was in Vancouver last night and was about as arrogant as it gets when he was asked about his contract being extended to 2012. HE was basically saying that it was old news (even though TSN reported it for the first time yesterday) and when he was asked about the length of it he said somthing like "I dont keep track of the exact details". If I was the reporter I would have kicked him in the nuts.

He screwed up royally by thinking he was a big man standing up to ESPN. Now he is on Versus and nobody watches it. ESPN doesn't even really carry NHL highlights. His expansion to the Southern US in hopes of a national television contract sure hasn't panned out. A 1994 Sports Illustrated column announced the NHL as the new 'In' sport. Way to run with that one Gary.

I could go on and on about it but it just pisses me off too much.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Mikhailova Posted - 02/08/2007 : 09:18:38
His lack of competance. (And the fact that he looks like Dracula )

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page