Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Nux win a home game on the road....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 02/02/2011 : 22:42:38
It's absolutely crazy how many Canucks fans seem to be in Phoenix when the Canucks play them! There were tons of Canucks jerseys in the crowd, plenty of cheers on every goal, much to Beans chagrin, numerous LUUUUU chants and even a bunch of "Wooooo's" (a staple following goals at home)!?!? I found myself feeling bad for the Coyotes! I guess it's those Canadian fans wanting to get out of the cold? There were even a couple of "green men", though not the originals i assume?

Speaking of attendance, did anyone notice the empty seats in Dallas at last nights game? Seems the freak storm they had kept many away! Anyone hear what the actual attendance was? Couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 thousand???
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 02/03/2011 : 15:16:03
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Alex, I'm pretty sure that was the green guys - but really, who can tell when you're head-to-toe in green leotard? They seemed to act the same way

I only saw them really briefly. Didn't they have jersey's on? It was because of that i figured it wasn't them but i guess they may have thrown them on so people there might understand they were Canucks fans (in case they hadn't seen them before?).
nuxfan Posted - 02/03/2011 : 13:55:37
Alex, I'm pretty sure that was the green guys - but really, who can tell when you're head-to-toe in green leotard? They seemed to act the same way
Mario 66 Posted - 02/03/2011 : 11:43:48
Lol Beans is so right when he talks about how much the southern states get crippled by snow. My buddy does business in Atlanta all the time and any time there is snow regardless of the amount the entire city is shut down.

Lemieux owns Gretzky
Alex116 Posted - 02/03/2011 : 10:37:02
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan
Even the green guys were there, I saw them parked right beside the penalty box as usual.

Was it the actual "Green Guys"? Do you know for sure? I just assumed it wasn't.
nuxfan Posted - 02/03/2011 : 09:46:25
quote:

Having been to Dallas and having a friend who lives in Houston, trust me when I say that 1cm of snow will nearly shut down the place.

Beans, same in Vancouver.

the problem in Dallas wasn't snow apparently, it was ice. I read it rained for a solid day, and then immediately dropped to -15 - one giant skating rink.

Ya, tons of fans in PHX last night, as others have said, its a pretty close trip to make - and a pretty nice one, usually, weather-wise. Even the green guys were there, I saw them parked right beside the penalty box as usual.
Alex116 Posted - 02/03/2011 : 09:25:08
Nucks07, that's hilarious, i never saw that!

Lunchbox, that is very true and some friends and i had talked about a little weekend roadie but have yet to do it. One of these days! The flights out of Bellingham (about an hour south of here, just over the border, for those not in the know) are crazy cheap. These include Palm Springs, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Cali and i heard they may begin flying to Hawaii? For example, i can go to Vegas, stay at the Venetian and air and hotel will cost me about $850 out of Vancouver. The same trip out of Bellingham is just over $500. I've heard it's all to do with airport taxes and other taxes when flying from Canada.

Beans, from what i saw on TV, the 2,500 that Nucks07 said he heard looked more accurate than 12,500! There were almost entire sections in the corners and behind the net (lower bowl) that were empty!!! I don't doubt that snow in a place like that can only mean disaster! It's def not the product on the ice as the Stars are having an awesome year and the Canucks, aside from the success they're having, are always a big draw down there!
Beans15 Posted - 02/03/2011 : 07:05:57
I heard the attendance in Dallas was 12,500. Regardless, I don't think anyone who hasn't been to Dallas can appreciate how much even a little snow will impact that city or other southern cities. There is no snow tires, there are no plows, there is nothing to deal with even a dusting of snow. If that snow melts and freezes again, there are no sanding trucks to deal with it.

Having been to Dallas and having a friend who lives in Houston, trust me when I say that 1cm of snow will nearly shut down the place.
Lunchbox Posted - 02/03/2011 : 00:20:24
I'm not surprised really...I've heard some analysts talking on the radio about this. Apparently, a round trip flight to Phoenix is a couple hundred bucks out of Bellingham, and with Phoenix pretty much paying you to come to a game, it makes sense for Vancouver fans to do this sort of thing.
Nucks07 Posted - 02/02/2011 : 23:55:18
Team 1040 said 2,500 people in Dallas but not sure if thats correct... Did you see the guy in the Nucks jersey at the Coyotes game with the sign that said " Im actually a coyotes fan I just dress like this to fit in"? I laughed my ass off

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page