Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 MONTREAL PULLS THE TRIGGER

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ToXXiK1 Posted - 02/24/2011 : 11:01:20
Atlanta trades Brent Sopel & Nigel Dawes to Montreal for Ben Maxwell & a 4th round pick.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
doublechamp7 Posted - 02/25/2011 : 09:07:59
I like this trade for Montreal. Sopel is a player I like alot when I saw him on the Blackhawks. Maxwell is an underachiever and Nigel Dawes is one of the top scorers in the AHL.

Bring back the Jets!
Guest2622 Posted - 02/25/2011 : 08:45:06
quote:
Originally posted by chef

Montreal has dropped the ball in f** town again,if this is it for trades from Montreal then don"t expect them to go far this year in the playoffs not with teams like Boston & Philly with there size & physical game.
Don"t get me wrong ,I have followed Montreal for the past 25+ years but one thing they haven't done in the last decade is make a decent trade come the deadline. They need a sniper with size in a bad way!!
. 6 forwards on the roster are 5'11 and smaller.

They are simply to damn small.

Habs for the Cup

Funny thing is that very few deadline rentals end up being any good. I may be biased a bit, but from watching the litany of Sens deadline trades flopping one after another, I actually am beginning to find this a little comical.
Guest2622 Posted - 02/25/2011 : 08:42:57
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Don`t think there is too many takers for Gomez.

I`ll never understand why Montreal didn`t just sign Gaborik instead of taking Gomez off the Rangers cap and letting them do it.

That one is simple.Injury history.

n/a Posted - 02/25/2011 : 02:47:23
Yeah, I'd agree - ho-hum trade. Sopel is still serviceable, but he doesn't really give Montreal anything they wanted/needed from a more skilled d-man.

With the regulation loss to the Leafs last night, does this continue to put more pressure on the GM for a trade, possibly for takers for Cammalleri? Perhaps.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Pasty7 Posted - 02/24/2011 : 21:20:15
quote:

I`ll never understand why Montreal didn`t just sign Gaborik instead of taking Gomez off the Rangers cap and letting them do it.

Apparently a trade was done Gomez for Ed Jovanoski and then Jovo cop got hurt and it fell through,,,,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
chef Posted - 02/24/2011 : 20:39:42
Penner or Richards would be nice but i think the habs can"t afford either of them, especially having the Gomez contract and all,can"t say i"m much of a Gomez fan!!!

Habs for the Cup
chef Posted - 02/24/2011 : 20:39:00
Penner or Richards would be nice but i think the habs can"t afford either of them, especially having the Gomez contract and all,can"t say i"m much of a Gomez fan!!!

Habs for the Cup
JonPolley Posted - 02/24/2011 : 19:48:44
really should go for Penner or even better Richards and dont get me wrong I love the guy be Plekanec is not a 1st line center.. put Richards in there or conver Penner to the center position and put Plek on the 2nd line where he should be and we could do ok.
chef Posted - 02/24/2011 : 18:54:01
Montreal has dropped the ball in f** town again,if this is it for trades from Montreal then don"t expect them to go far this year in the playoffs not with teams like Boston & Philly with there size & physical game.
Don"t get me wrong ,I have followed Montreal for the past 25+ years but one thing they haven't done in the last decade is make a decent trade come the deadline. They need a sniper with size in a bad way!!
. 6 forwards on the roster are 5'11 and smaller.

They are simply to damn small.

Habs for the Cup
Guest8802 Posted - 02/24/2011 : 18:32:45
quote:

Because Gaborik didnt want to play for Montreal.. he wanted to play for the Rangers
The Duke Posted - 02/24/2011 : 15:52:52

JonPolley Posted - 02/24/2011 : 11:56:56
Sopel.. decent PK and a little depth for Max.. its alright.. its not earth shattering though. We need someone big on O.. simple as that. Plus the one thing that worries me about this trade is that its put us dangerously close to the cap.. we only have 1.8 left which probably means unless we trade someone like Gomez for a couple draft pics then turn around and grab a big forward for peanuts.. this sucks.
Guest4748 Posted - 02/24/2011 : 11:53:20
It's an OK trade. Maxwell has never been able to really pull it off when he was in Montreal. He seemed to have topped his game already. As for Nigel Dawes, we have a lot of these kind of players in MTL...I sure hope they'll be more from Pierre Gauthier.

Oh and, yeah, we have WAY too many defencemen.
Wisniewski, Gill, Subban, Weber, Hamrlik, Picard, Mara and now Sopel.
Plus the injured ones...Gorges, Spacek, Markov
And there's Brendon Nash that we can call, he's trustworthy.

Maybe there will be a trade involving defencemen, I hope so.
Alex116 Posted - 02/24/2011 : 11:15:28
Not sure of all the players involved, but Sopel's a serviceable dman with playoff experience. Bit of a ho-hum trade but mayber there's more to come.

With more and more deals though, the deadline looks to be more and more dull by the day!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page