Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Los Angeles
 Kopitar- broken ankle

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sahis34 Posted - 03/26/2011 : 16:56:11
can the kings Kope without Kopitar? he's likely out for the 1st round

Go OILERS Go!!!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0462 Posted - 03/29/2011 : 12:58:07
Thats a bad brake.Another elite player gone till next year.L.A. has a ton of youth,you just never know.Look what Pittsburgh has done without Crosby and Malkin.
Guest0750 Posted - 03/28/2011 : 22:02:57
gone till next year.
nuxfan Posted - 03/28/2011 : 17:02:48
Kopitar is too big a loss to fill IMO, and coupled with the loss of Williams I don't think they can go far. I think they might struggle into the playoffs, but losing arguably one of the 10 best centres in the NHL today is going to be huge when the playoffs start.
baumer Posted - 03/28/2011 : 15:54:45

Williams, as far as I know, put off surgery and is expected to miss 3 to 4 weeks. Still, without Kopitar they lack a premier set up man. Does anyone think the Kings can make a serious run? I can"t rule them out with Penner, Brown, Smyth, Johnson, Doughty and Williams returning hopefully sooner rather than later.
Alex116 Posted - 03/27/2011 : 19:33:35
Crushing blow. Not much hope for them now imo. Williams is out as well is he not? Not sure for how long, but they are a much less dangerous team today, that's for certain.
n/a Posted - 03/27/2011 : 10:10:27
Yeah, that is not a minor injury . . . huge blow to the LA playoff chances there. I think LA will be out by the time he gets back.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
doublechamp7 Posted - 03/27/2011 : 09:55:47
quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

it's not going to be easy for them, but they were lucky, they picked up dustin penner, so there's no need to worry

Penner probably wont fill that hole though as he is a winger and Kopitar is by far their best center

Bring back the Jets!
foolpittier Posted - 03/27/2011 : 08:03:21
it's not going to be easy for them, but they were lucky, they picked up dustin penner, so there's no need to worry
Guest0750 Posted - 03/27/2011 : 08:01:06
i don't think we will see him till next year. i rolled my ankle at the end of feb, it'll likely be 8 weeks till i can play again, with out kopitar they will not make it past first round and i don't see him back till 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. something like that will take more than 6 weeks, 8 weeks is probably a better guess on how long he will be out.
TheRC Posted - 03/26/2011 : 19:06:15
Seeing that footage in slow-motion was sickening.

Speaking from personal experience, if you suffer a break like that, you're not coming back any sooner than 6 weeks, and you certainly won't be 100% for a few weeks after you are cleared to play. That's a huge blow for the Kings. Poor Kopitar.

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail"
nuxfan Posted - 03/26/2011 : 17:11:54
he's likely out longer than that - 6 weeks minimum with a broken ankle. I don't think they can cope.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page