Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Draft Lottery

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Awesome One Posted - 04/12/2011 : 17:45:32
So, in case you haven't heard, the DEVILS have wone the draft lottery.

However by virtue of the "+4 rule", they only get the 4th pick and the OILERS will pick 1st.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5655 Posted - 04/13/2011 : 12:03:26
Unless the scouts really don't like either RNH or Larsson as future 1st line/ 1st pair players, they should keep the first pick. Even if both players take 3 plus years to reach their potential, we will still need players like that in 4 years!!!!

However, I too think after this year we should have plenty of prospects in the pipeline, and I would be willing to part with next years first round draft pick and one of the youngsters to make a deal for that #1 center or first pairing defenceman we need. The whole point of drafting the "best player available" is having the best player - and if you have too many of one type/position, you have to be willing to trade them to fill holes in your lineup!
sahis34 Posted - 04/12/2011 : 22:11:02
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

An interesting question is didn't NJ lose a 1st round draft pick as part of their punishment for circumventing the salary cap with the original Kovachuk deal?

Is this that pick???

Good news for Edmonton. Frankly, I would like to see them deal the pick. There is more than enough young talent in the system. What is missing is established defensemen. Even if they draft a kid like Larsson, he is legitimately 3-4 years before he is helping that team win.

I would like to see the Oilers make a package with Hemsky and the 1st pick (and this is not the deal but simply an example) for something like Erat and Weber.

That's trading down in both cases if nashville throws in 2 1st round picks maybe
Guest8149 Posted - 04/12/2011 : 19:02:22
I know the Oilers are building for the future, but I agree with Beans about dealing their #1 pick in this year's draft. There's no real standout player, like a Crosby or Stamkos.

The Oilers could use a stud defenseman, but they need a centreman with size and other assets, like winning face-offs. The Oilers are weak at centre, with Horcoff, Gagner, Cogliano as their top three. After that, they're depth chart goes to Brule, Hartikainen and Vandevelde. Not really a legitimate #1 centre in the bunch, either today or 1-2 seasons from now.

How about Jeff Carter? His name comes up in trade rumours, so I wonder if he's available?

Carter is still quite young (26), and he's scored 36, 33, and 46 goals the past three seasons. He's good in the face-off circle (54.7% this past season), and he's locked in at a
reasonable $5.2 million until the end of the 2017-18 season. The Oilers have cap room to
accommodate Carter's salary, and the Flyers have cap challenges. If the Flyers make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, they will be even more challenged to keep players.

If the Oilers packaged their #1 pick along with Hemsky, I'm wondering if that's too much for Carter? Probably, but I would trade Hemsky straight up for Carter, and probably their 2nd or 3rd pick.

nuxfan Posted - 04/12/2011 : 18:07:36
NJ lost *a* first round pick in any of the next 3 years, and I believe it was their choice. Clearly this was not the year to do that.
Beans15 Posted - 04/12/2011 : 17:55:53
An interesting question is didn't NJ lose a 1st round draft pick as part of their punishment for circumventing the salary cap with the original Kovachuk deal?

Is this that pick???

Good news for Edmonton. Frankly, I would like to see them deal the pick. There is more than enough young talent in the system. What is missing is established defensemen. Even if they draft a kid like Larsson, he is legitimately 3-4 years before he is helping that team win.

I would like to see the Oilers make a package with Hemsky and the 1st pick (and this is not the deal but simply an example) for something like Erat and Weber.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page