Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Expansion...?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrBoogedy Posted - 05/26/2011 : 22:41:46
So I just read an article about Seattle vying for an NHL team, joining the list along with Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Kansas City. It looks like Winnipeg is going to get theirs, but what about these other cities. With all of this interest I can't help but wonder if another expansion may be in the near future...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs81 Posted - 05/27/2011 : 11:27:11
Wasn't Kansas City in the run for a team when Pittsburgh needed a new arena and they were struggling, then they won the lottery, drafted Crosby and the rest is history.

But yeah I think they already have an NHL ready arena and they HAD a group of people (with Luc Robitaille in it) wanted to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins a while back. Don't know if they are still in the mix or if they have any ownership.
ginks40 Posted - 05/27/2011 : 09:39:45
Kansas City did used to have a team. The Kansas City Scouts (I think they only lasted a few years) then relocated to Colorado (Rockies) who subsequently relocated to New Jersey (Devils).

nuxfan Posted - 05/27/2011 : 07:15:46
quote:

With as many teams in financial trouble in the markets they're in right now (Phoenix, Atlanta, Florida, Islanders, Columbus), there is no way that the NHL is considering expansion. They don't have enough viable hockey markets as it is.

Yeah, I gotta agree here too... the last thing the NHL needs is more teams - diluted talent, adding to a season that already goes as long as it can. There are a few teams that could stand to move to better markets.

I like the idea of a Seattle team, if only to provide an opponent within a 3 hour drive of VAN, and another team out west. KC, I have no idea about their hockey desire.
Guest4470 Posted - 05/27/2011 : 06:03:01
If Kansas City had any interest in a team, they'd already have either Atlanta or Phoenix.

With as many teams in financial trouble in the markets they're in right now (Phoenix, Atlanta, Florida, Islanders, Columbus), there is no way that the NHL is considering expansion. They don't have enough viable hockey markets as it is.
MrBoogedy Posted - 05/27/2011 : 01:47:29
I think that Kansas City used to have a team way back once upon a time, not sure if their name is on the cup... unlike the 1917 Stanley Cup champions the Seattle Metropolitains. Somehow I think that even if they do end up with a team again, they won't be using that name.
Lunchbox Posted - 05/27/2011 : 01:40:02
I wouldn't mind 32 teams if only so not more than half the teams make it to the playoffs every year....but I dont like the idea of odd numbers in divisions...always bothered me in baseball...

I wouldn't be against a Seattle team if they could sustain it. Would be a great rivalry for Vancouver, and I think QC has always been a good hockey town, and with the expos gone, the corporate dollar might be a little stronger now...

Does anyone know about KC...is it even a hockey town? I think I heard somewhere that the baseball and football teams have perennially struggled as far as cash-flow is concerned...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page