Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Mike Milbury is a Toolshed

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 02/20/2010 : 12:43:32
I noticed that Mcguire gets a lot of flak on this forum... but let's talk about the worst hockey on-air personality of them all.... Mike Milbury. This king of douches carries an arrogance that is almost entirely unwarranted. I can't believe that CBC and NBC both made the same mistake the Islanders did a year ago and gave this guy a job.

He doesn't even try to hide his horrendous biases, and routinely spars with whoever is on the air with him, acting like an 8 year old when someone brings up a reasonable counter-point. Ironically, he compiled possibly the worst track record of any General Manager in the history of the league, and hasn't demonstrated a shred of insight that has ever enhanced my experience of watching a game.

I particularly enjoyed his recent nonsense defending 'cheap shots' as long as players were willing to back it up by fighting. Gigantic wtf, but what do you expect from this clown.

For recent evidence of Milbury's pathetic 'colour commentary'
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/02/milbury_and_roenick_fight_over.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 13:49:01
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6412

Mike Milbury was the WORST GM in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the NHL!

An example of one of his "Wonderful" trades while at the helm of the Islanders: (Keep in mind this is one of MANY)

Zedeno Chara, Bill Muckalt and the 2nd overall pick in the 2001 draft (Jason Spezza) to Ottawa for......(wait for it)............... Alexi Yashin!

LMFAO!

I agree! Ottawa fleeced him by convincing him to include Muckalt in that deal!!!
Guest6412 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 13:20:35
Mike Milbury was the WORST GM in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the NHL!

An example of one of his "Wonderful" trades while at the helm of the Islanders: (Keep in mind this is one of MANY)

Zedeno Chara, Bill Muckalt and the 2nd overall pick in the 2001 draft (Jason Spezza) to Ottawa for......(wait for it)............... Alexi Yashin!

LMFAO!
sahis34 Posted - 12/16/2011 : 18:06:02
milbury is accused of assulting a child..
http://t.co/m1oCEkjW

I didn't know he was christian...

Go OILERS Go!!!
Guest0168 Posted - 12/16/2011 : 17:21:45
it's unanimous, milbury is king of the douchebags....how this guy has gotten any kind of work as a hockey analyst is beyond me....a trained monkey could have handled the Islanders GM duties better.

And now assaulting a 12 year old who was in an altercation with his son....this is definately one of those cases where you should have to pass some kind of testing before being permitted to reproduce.

what a complete and utter loser
Alex116 Posted - 12/16/2011 : 12:51:35
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8492

Lol. Milbury now assaulting 12 year olds. Class act.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Hockey+analyst+Milbury+accused+assaulting+child/5872288
story.html

Its OK, as an ex-Bruin he'll probably just get a $2500 fine...

Lol!
nuxfan Posted - 12/16/2011 : 12:43:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8492

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Hockey+analyst+Milbury+accused+assaulting+child/5872288
story.html

Its OK, as an ex-Bruin he'll probably just get a $2500 fine...
Guest8492 Posted - 12/16/2011 : 11:52:58

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Hockey+analyst+Milbury+accused+assaulting+child/5872288/story.html

Awesome One Posted - 02/07/2011 : 14:47:25
You guys are all little SOCCER MOMS!!!!!!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
Guest4723 Posted - 02/07/2011 : 09:18:12
LMAO...Glenn Healy really gets Milbury with the Bobby Orr comment... Milbury is probably too stupid to figure out he was just jabbed though.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0487

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebgC-vfUIwI

'Nuff said. I hope this guy gets hit with a big headshot. Best part of the satellite hotstove is the the constant tension between Milbury and whoever else is on the panel.

Also, watch Cherry owning Milbury (skip to :55 if you are inclined)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdiFl4max-s

n/a Posted - 02/07/2011 : 05:47:51
I agree. Milbury is a tool. A failed GM that never gets hired back is usually a poor commentator.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
MrBoogedy Posted - 02/06/2011 : 22:13:22
I just keep hoping for the day that Milbury takes off Maguire's shoe and beats him with it. You know its coming...
baumer Posted - 02/06/2011 : 21:58:40
I don't like Milbury or Maguire but the worst commentator or analyst is Glen Healey. If he's not peddling his union views he's giving his personal opinion on every player and subject in the league. He literally makes me turn off hockey games.
Guest0487 Posted - 02/05/2011 : 15:11:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebgC-vfUIwI

'Nuff said. I hope this guy gets hit with a big headshot. Best part of the satellite hotstove is the the constant tension between Milbury and whoever else is on the panel.

Also, watch Cherry owning Milbury (skip to :55 if you are inclined)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdiFl4max-s

grandfarfadet Posted - 02/22/2010 : 02:45:39
What arrogance Millbury shows off in this video! He interrupts Roenick who is trying to bring something on the table and when Roenick agrees to keep hi8s mouth shut, Millbury adds over it. I'm happy to be listening to Pierre Houde and Benoit Brunet at RDS. Houde voice when shouting "Et c'est le but!" ("It's a goal!") when the Habs scores gives everyone goosebumps of enjoyment.

To get back tot he topic, I'm so happy to not have Millbury has a commentator! This guy can kill the fun out of a hockey game with his arrogance. Sure, he knows hockey probably more than I do (he was GM), but he lost me when he said "it's all about winning". He should reconsider his resume and look back at what he did as a GM because winning wasn't a frequent note in his agenda with the Islanders.

Even when you consider it was the Islanders, the scouts did a great job but he never kept those great players he had. Think about what the Islanders could be today with Luongo, Chara, Jokinen and Hamrlik. Add some of there youngsters and you've got a more consistant team on the ice. Jokinen is still on pace for 60 points, Hamrlik shows consistency and efficiency at Montreal and Chara and Luongo represents both there respective countries at the Olympics.

John Kordic is the living proof that drugs can kill! -Traduction of a famous Jean Perron sentence
Beans15 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 16:30:03
Alright Hugh, that's an interesting point. I think that the comparison question could be one of similarity or contrast. I think you are dead right that a better player type comparison to Ovechkin would be Kovalchuk, Heatley, or Nash and that a better comparison to Crosby would be Backstrom, Datsyuk, or Thornton. However, that is when arguing, "Who is a better goal scorer" type question.

I still find a lot of validity in the Crosby vs. Ovechkin comparison in regards to the "If you were building a team, who would you pick first" type question.

That being said, I agree that Milbury's arguements are not normally arguements for something as much as they are arguements against everything else. This 'debate' was very similar.

And you are right. Roenick is normally the outspoken one who people tend to disagree with. But I have always loved JR in the media.

I'll give Milbury a solid #2 ranking in the most annoying people in hockey. He still doesn't even carry McGuire's jock in that catagory.

Hugh G. Rection Posted - 02/21/2010 : 13:28:59
I didn't think you would take 'are you insane' personally, as it was rhetorical. For what it's worth I don't doubt your sanity. Milbury's, however, I question regularly. Why is Crosby a bad comparison to Ovechkin? We have a long-winded thread somewhere on this board showing all the reasons they are different. Milbury doesn't grasp the concept that he can actually compliment Ovechkin's game without reminding us Crosby is better. Note that the question wasn't 'Ovechkins good, but how much better is Crosby?' This was lost on Mike, apparently, as it seemed he created his response based on that premise.

I said Roenick seemed like the voice of reason ironically, as he is usually the hot-tempered loudmouth guy speaking off about things. Although in this context, at least he attacked Milbury's answer with cause. I didn't necessarily agree with Roenick's opinion, but agreed with him interrupting Mike's nonsense.

A more reasonable comparison in the frame of that context would be Kovalchuk or Pavel Bure, I would argue. Shoot-first players with a knack of scoring (with an added physical element).
Guest9494 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 13:24:00
lulz
Past Comparsions could be
Ovie= Pavel Bure and Peter Forsberg combined
Crosby= Wayne Gretzky

Current

Ovie= Malkin
Crosby= Brad Richards

The hilarious thing about the video you can tell Roenick just wants to slap some sence into Milbury because he refuses to even achknowledge Roenick's thoughts.

lulz mods are noobs
Beans15 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 11:22:04
Hugh, firstly I would appreciate if you ceased the personal comments. "Are you insane" is not welcome or warrented.

Secondly, if Crosby is such a horrible comparison to Ovechkin, who would be a reaonable comparison to each player?? I don't see an issue. Both are similar in age, they are both the focal point of their respective teams, both have skill levels above pretty much every other player. I don't see why it's a horrible comparison??

Polar opposites make them very easy to compare. That's the arguement. Which of those polar opposites is better and why???

Roenick is the voice of reason??? Again, just because you might agree with his comments do not make the accurate or correct in everyone's eyes.

Finally, Milbury's GM abilities have little to nothing to do with his commentating abilites. Who cares if he made poor trades?? Every GM has.
Hugh G. Rection Posted - 02/21/2010 : 10:00:30
You saw nothing wrong with that clip? Are you insane? When asked to compare Ovechkin to another player, you think Crosby is a reasonable comparison? Yes, they are the two best in the league, but they are pretty much polar opposites in terms of players.

Furthermore, all he does is compliment Crosby and say how much better he is than Ovechkin, rather than just answer the damn question he was asked. Pretty tough to make Roenick look like the voice of reason, but captain retard Milbury accomplishes that rather easily here.

Also, I will make fun of the trade of Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha just because it is so god awful bad.
Guest9494 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 09:29:31
lol lol lol last sentence lol
Beans15 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 03:22:44
I am not the biggest fan of Milbury either, but at the least he is consistant. McGuire changes his mind period to period and that's the part about him that's annoying.

I compare Milbury to Cherry. Both are very outspoken and have unique opinions that not everyone will agree with. But at least they don't flip those opinions based on what is popular at the time.

I also see nothing wrong with the clip. He was not being rude or arrogant. He and Roenick had a reasonable debate with each hearing and understanding the other's point.
Guest3509 Posted - 02/21/2010 : 00:55:13
Have to agree in every way, Milbury is a disgrace to television. I haven't seen much more of a pompous windbag in my day, and I tell ya I've seen a few. Dunno why you didnt pick a better video cause there are worse examples of his terriblesness.
Guest9494 Posted - 02/20/2010 : 16:12:35
love that video it made me lulz Millbury Kypreos Maguire MacT Gerry Dee should all quit

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page