Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... AHL
 AHL- NHL relations

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jmsmorris Posted - 01/17/2007 : 17:55:32
Is it fair NHL teams (i.e the Leafs) can completely strip the roster of their AHL team just because some players are hurt?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Eziwrath Posted - 04/13/2007 : 10:16:57
Yes. What would the NHL teams do if they can't get players from the AHL, they will take the first guy they meet on the street to play for them?

~Crosby is #1~
Guest0852 Posted - 03/23/2007 : 13:16:02
Its fair its the minor league team of them they do that in every sport why wouldnt they be able to do that
Patchy Posted - 03/18/2007 : 15:15:57
the AHL is an affiliate of the NHL, if you play i.e. for the marlies, then you pretty much play for the leafs. Another thing, players don't play to be in the AHL, (most don't anyways) their dreams are to be NHL players.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
semin-rules Posted - 03/16/2007 : 10:48:34
quote:
Originally posted by jmsmorris

[quote]Originally posted by Kashmire

They aren't complaining, but teams like the Marlies have their chances at doing anything in the AHL because their NHL affiliates strip them clean whenever they need a player

I would rather play in the NHL for a couple days maybe even weeks than stay in the AHL and hope I do good....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
jmsmorris Posted - 01/20/2007 : 16:46:45
[quote]Originally posted by Kashmire

Yes. Isn't it their goals to play in the NHL? They get their wish and I don't think they are complaining.

They aren't complaining, but teams like the Marlies have their chances at doing anything in the AHL because their NHL affiliates strip them clean whenever they need a player
admin Posted - 01/17/2007 : 21:17:16
It is not their sole purpose, but they are the farm team and it is understood that the AHL is a feeder league to the NHL. I think it is fair, expected, and probably what keeps the AHL running.
Kashmire Posted - 01/17/2007 : 18:46:00
Yes. Isn't it their goals to play in the NHL? They get their wish and I don't think they are complaining.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page