Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Canucks Captaincy in 2010/11

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 09/14/2010 : 15:35:43
Who do you think will be the next Vancouver Canucks Captain?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 09/21/2010 : 00:23:03
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3039

Hank already got an MVP and a key to the city of Orksvandfasdkfheiacvik or whatever that place is called. Its already kind of differentriated them. Henrik went to the allstar game a couple years ago too, without D. Also, I heard that their mom calls Henrik more often. Sersiously though, I think a year or two down the road Kesler will be ready, but he isnt quite yet, and Henrik will get it. Kesler showed some serious grit, leadership, effort etc, all the good stuff at the Olympics, but I havent seen anyting near that from him on Vancouver. Its really tough to not give the C to the reigning MVP.

Couldn't disagree more. Some guys are simply not captain material regardless of how succesful their careers are stats-wise. Hank, IMO, is too quiet a guy. From everything i hear, he's a great teammate but not a vocal enough guy when it comes to being captain. Seems he's very much along the same lines as Naslund was here. Loved Nazzy and i love Hank, but IMO, the C should be on Kesler's shoulder. Hate the fact he's American but his Olympics showed just what kind of player / team mate he is.

BTW, whoever it was who had their post "moderated" after attacking Beans, ought to read his other posts. This Beans, was by far, one of the least "anti - Canuck" posts i've read from you (of those to do with the Canucks of course). How'd you get berated for this one???
Guest6933 Posted - 09/20/2010 : 19:26:10
I say if Mr. Morrison gets on the team he should get the C. He played a big part back in the day, and would be a new/old face in the dressing room with a lot of leadership.
Guest3039 Posted - 09/20/2010 : 01:13:14
Hank already got an MVP and a key to the city of Orksvandfasdkfheiacvik or whatever that place is called. Its already kind of differentriated them. Henrik went to the allstar game a couple years ago too, without D. Also, I heard that their mom calls Henrik more often. Sersiously though, I think a year or two down the road Kesler will be ready, but he isnt quite yet, and Henrik will get it. Kesler showed some serious grit, leadership, effort etc, all the good stuff at the Olympics, but I havent seen anyting near that from him on Vancouver. Its really tough to not give the C to the reigning MVP.
irvine Posted - 09/18/2010 : 19:53:05
I believe, in all honesty, whoever they decide to give the Captaincy to it should not be Henrik or Daniel Sedin.

The only reason I say is, because I don't see one more deserving than the other. I don't think one would be jealous per say, if the other gained the Captaincy, but I do think it could bring a little difference in things between the two, ever so slightly.

I'd like see the Canucks name somebody Captain, perhaps Kesler, with both Henrik & Daniel each wearing the Assistant 'A' Captaincy. Evenly divided between the two.

And, with two forwards wearing the 'A', I think i'd prefer seeing a defencemen with the 'C'. Players of the same position or lines, tend to be more familiar with eachother, as they tend to spend more time with eachother on/off the ice.

So guys on defence, would likely be a little more comfortable with a designated leader at their position, to look to for guidence. As I feel, so would a forward. And, the forwards would have that in the Sedin's.

So perhaps a guy like Ballard is not a terrible idea for the Captaincy. And, as mentioned, he brings in a fresh perspective and an unbiased opinion of all players/teammates, as they are all new to him. Perhaps, he could guide them all equally.

Irvine/prez.
Guest4544 Posted - 09/16/2010 : 16:58:47
ya beans, maybe in his first game ballard will take his stick and wack luongo in the head..............that'll win over the team and the fans
Guest6635 Posted - 09/16/2010 : 16:28:21
It will be either Hank or Kes, personally id like to see them give it to Henrik, ever since the twins arrived in Vancouver the media has been all over them, There not physical enough, they have no heart blah blah blah and they seem to always prove them wrong and never get offended so if there was anyone better suited to deal with media on a nightly basis it would be the Hart Trophy Winner
Beans15 Posted - 09/16/2010 : 14:18:04
Firstly, I am not hating on the Canucks with these comments. Reality is exactly what it is. The Canucks have been touted as one of the best teams in the NHL for the pasdt 2-4 seasons and they always come up short. That's not hating, that's what happens. Secondly, my comments about thier captain is about them getting better. Nothing at all about hating.

Finally, why do I hate the Canucks??? Because I can. There is no logic or reason as to why anyone hates any team. That's the beauty of sports. One can love or hate a team for no reason at all.
Guest9190 Posted - 09/16/2010 : 13:54:02
beans ur such an[Moderator Edit - Please refrain from name calling] why are u hating on the canucks?
nuxfan Posted - 09/16/2010 : 13:18:01
Beans, you raise an interesting point, and its a way the Canucks might go. Had Mitchell still been a Canuck this year, he would have been the shoe-in for captain, for many of the reasons you state - has a job to do but is not in the same spotlight as Hank/Daniel/Kesler/Luongo, and was (relatively) new to the core of the team when he came onboard.

I don't know how well received it would be to give the C to someone that hasn't played a single game for the Canucks - regardless of work ethic or standup-ness - when there are so many leaders already in the dressing room. Memories of the Messier years still run strong here...

Canucks Man Posted - 09/16/2010 : 07:18:44
It should be Kelser. He is the leader on this team, he is very vocal in the dressing room, and works his ass off every shift. You can always tell he will do whatever it takes to win and will play anywhere on the ice, if the coaches asked him to put on the goalie pads he probably would.
However, they will probably give it to Henrik, and if they do I don't think it will effect his play at all. The Sedins just seem to calm in general to have something like the captaincy rattle their play.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
leigh Posted - 09/15/2010 : 14:10:05
I'm intrigued by your thinking Beans. I do agree that in most cases you dont want to add more pressure to an already pressured player, but I think Henrik is ready. Generally speaking he is a very calm player so I think he can handle the pressure. He's also a very mature player now and is much more comfortable in the media spotlight (look at how he has handled this past MVP year) Having said that, I also like the idea of taking a very good player who has leadership ability, giving him the C and trying to bring the very best out of him. But in the end I think the core of the team will decide who gets it. Although I'm confident Kesler wants it and may be deserving of it, I think the core will put it on Henrik Sedin.

All I really know is that it will be a mistake NOT to choose a captain. Don't do the rotating alternates. When a team is winning it's easy to have a bunch of leaders ruling the roost. But a team needs 1 person to look to in those deep dark times. If there isn't a singular point of leadership then you fragment into camps and people start pointing fingers. Oh sure they'll be fine for the media, but in the room it will be a different story. Guaranteed!

On another note, look out for Luongo. I think now that the pressure is off of him we'll see him return to his 45+ win season with a boat load of shutouts!
Beans15 Posted - 09/15/2010 : 13:30:17
I am going off the board on this one and going to say Keith Ballard.

The current core in Vancouver has not gotten it done. Because of that, I don't think someone from that core should be the leader. I would look at some fresh blood as the leader. Namely, Hamhuis or Ballard. Although neither of them have won the Cup, both are stand up players. Both play hard shift after shift and both are solid vets.

Don't give it to a player that already has pressure on them. Hank has the pressure of a Hart season follow-up. Daniel has to keep up with his bro. Kesler need to earn his big contract. Luongo needs to stop the puck when it counts. The C should go to a Canuck who has a job to do but not the spotlight, high pressure job and someone who can inject some fresh leadership to the team from a different persective than what has been there in the past.

I say Ballard.
nuxfan Posted - 09/14/2010 : 21:33:09
hm, I started a similar poll, but put in the Vancouver section...I guess no one goes there very often :-)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page